Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
@AL890
Lol I had to look Chav up :lol: It really shows you just how low the standards are for journalism in gaming. I don't want to call us "oppressed", but the way journalists, and I use that term very loosely, can say practically anything they want, even going as far as to post someone's email and contact info from a private conversation (Leigh Alexander) and suffer such little consequences, if any at all... it really is reminiscent of how people in charge behave around minorities and so on. No one gives a shit about it because there's still a ton of people who don't take gaming and gamers seriously.

It's like the wild west out here. People elsewhere hear about the crazy crap going on, but not enough to truly give it a good look. It's far off of their concerns, so why bother? Meanwhile, Anita and her "Wild Bunch" see a playing field ripe for the picking and plundering and head out west with the rest of the SJ cowboys and all hell's breaking loose right under the noses of the rest of the world.

Wow, now I'm really offended. I was bullied almost until end of High school for being a gamer and if he wants to piss off people like me then he f***ing succeeded.

It just gets better and better.... also I have a lot of respect to TB for donating so much.

Dude, do NOT worry! Check this out!

:rofl: Hahaha, I said 2014's nerds aren't defenseless right? I'd LOVE to see that douche bully this guy. I'd pay to see it.

Last edited:
Dude, do NOT worry! Check this out!

:rofl: Hahaha, I said 2014's nerds aren't defenseless right? I'd LOVE to see that douche bully this guy. I'd pay to see it.

Ohh I don't worry that much since I am planing to buy myself a katana sooner or later... I'm just pissed off.

Last edited:
Yea it really is disgusting. Thing is, he's not even a rarity on the anti gamergate side. People are saying stuff like this a lot, and none of it's getting attention.

I bet that the dude's tweets will barely get any mention (if any) on gaming websites... these people are doing a great job at shooting themselves in the foot. Just watch how this unfolds.

Got to admit i'd love one of these little skinny armed, weird haired and pencil necked journalists to try something with me, I think smashing me fist through their perfect teeth and spreading their little noses across their face would be a huge turn on. But that said nowt good ever comes of a barney, and judge'd take one look at the little hipster and one look at me and do a Norman Stanley Fletcher straight off, the fucking muppets aren't worth the scars on your knuckles.

I've already got enough on mine. One more's not gonna bother me none.

Lol and this is what their behavior has reduced us to.

10 k? The link I posted earlier said it was just 5,470.

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/522852125835923457

How ironic is this. "Boohoo, someone was being mean to me, so stop a whole movement that did more for stopping bullying than I did."

https://www.crowdrise.com/gamergatestompsoutbullying/

With literally 1/29th of what Anita raised for her youtube videos, Gamergate has done more for stopping bullying than anyone else going against them.

Holy CRAP, I just clicked it again and yea you're right. Wow that was in one day!

edit: I said 1/29th because Anita had 158922, which divided by 5470, which is what GG had earlier, equals roughly 29.05.

Last edited:
Yeah, anti-GG fights harassment and those evil GG white scum... the same evil white trash that are "literally worse than ISIS", that also funded a project that encourages women to design their own game and raised 4 times the initial fund goal (as of now at least) for an anti-bullying organization (in just one day).

EDIT
Microsoft might take a stand on this as well, they're one of the main supporters of Gawker Media.
http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct..._sr_consultant_microsoft_how_can_i_help_with/

Guy still has to prove he is who he says he is though.

EDIT
This is priceless, apparently Mercedes-Benz USA are pulling their adds from Gawker... take this with a grain of salt though, it's not official yet.

Last edited:
EDIT
Microsoft might take a stand on this as well, they're one of the main supporters of Gawker Media.
http://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct..._sr_consultant_microsoft_how_can_i_help_with/

Guy still has to prove he is who he says he is though.

He's not even - or has he ever been - working in Microsoft. Being a Gold Partner doesn't really get you too far, especially in US where there are probably hundreds of those. And I wouldn't really hope for anything official from MS on the matter anyway.

10 k? The link I posted earlier said it was just 5,470.

Holy CRAP, I just clicked it again and yea you're right. Wow that was in one day!

edit: I said 1/29th because Anita had 158922, which divided by 5470, which is what GG had earlier, equals roughly 29.05.

Well, TB just added another 1,5k so there you go...

We'll see if this will do anything for the image or if they'll just ignore it as always. Probably the latter, but who knows.

At first I was surprised that when I saw you guys defending Gamersgate. I only heard bad things (like life threats) about them so far and I was surprised when I learned from this topic about their charity and other positive actions. It's really disgusting that gaming media show only one side of story.

Top Bottom