GAME KEEPS ON CRASHING

+
Hello i have witcher 3 on my switch the cartridge version of it and the game keeps on crashing to the point that its unplayable im on the latest patch and have tried all the posted troubleshooting steps available but to no avail has anyone had this problem? if anyone knows any workarounds on this pls i really need ur help

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1571709198168.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571709198168.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 472
So you did already see these steps?

Make sure the console doesn‘t get too hot. Heat issues can cause crashes too.
Also you could try different save games, maybe the problem is save game related.
If nothing works, you can always contact CDPR support (the contact link can be found in the link I just posted).

thank you for your response unfortunately i b
have tried all the following steps in the link u provided and the game wont even run for 15 mins without crashing

Of course, when it comes to cartridges you should always make sure, that the game card and the slot is clean. If that‘s not the case, and there’s dirt and dust, the console can struggle reading the data which can cause crashed too. However, be careful with that because the Switch is sensitive.

If reinstalling doesn‘t help, than - as mentioned before - it‘s best to reach to to support with the link from before.

For me, it crashes maybe every 2 or 3 days. It seems to just be at random times. Some times during play, sometimes when using fast travel.

I also find that sometimes it starts to make the screen flash black for a second. Sometimes just once, sometimes a couple of times in a row.

I can confirm the bug and can say its not a Hardware Problem.

The crashes happening random after a speciffic playtime, mostly 1+ hours in docked mode.

It happens when starting prescripted sequences -- rare

When opening the vendor window or leaving the vendor window -- medium

When moving the cursor over the POI's on the Worldmap or porting -- medium

When buying more than 25+ items from a vendor in a short time. Tested by buying all of the recipes of Keira Metz in new game + there it crashes 100% After the half of them.

When doing the same things after a fresh restart or buying the stuff separated all works well.

Im using a rev. 1 Switch original with all Updates and the cartridge version of the game. The switch is 3 months old and not even near to getting hot or something

Hello i have witcher 3 on my switch the cartridge version of it and the game keeps on crashing to the point that its unplayable im on the latest patch and have tried all the posted troubleshooting steps available but to no avail has anyone had this problem? if anyone knows any workarounds on this pls i really need ur help
I have same problem, game crashing on startup, and any steps of support not help (https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/nintendo-switch/sp-technical/issue/1141/game-crashes-3)

Attachments

• photo5936124757533634777.jpg
    photo5936124757533634777.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 171
For me checking for errors (some were found) and reinstalling from scratch (3.1 GB for the cartridge version) fixes the Problems.

Looks like the 3.4 Update corrupts some data when patching from previous Version.

Am using the European german Version btw.

I have the same issues.
My game crashes very often durinh cutscene.
I am in the 1st scene where i go downstair and see Gerald's daughter training with someone sleeping on a chair. The game crashes everytime on this cutscene !
I formatted the switch, tried to install it on sd or directly on internal memory.
I'm on 3.4 version, french versiob.
I can't play, so sad !

I don't own a Switch, so there's only so much feedback I can give here, but from the sound of it the issue is memory (RAM) usage. Obviously, this will be fairly limited on the Switch, and the game's engine can be very demanding.

Inventory will require more and more RAM during play the more and more you save and reload the game. There's a similar situation that can arise on PC, where inventory situations can start to arise after around 2,500 save/reload combos (which is, admittedly, a pretty insane amount. A playthrough of the entire game and NG+ will probably only generate a few hundred of these instances.) The item ID tags start to get very big, and when they become too big, the game can't assign the needed IDs. Hence, inventory lag --> weirdness --> corruption --> crash. This can be prevented, but it is very hard to fix.

Recommendations:

1.) Ensure you have not filled up the storage space on your Switch. Ideally, you want to try to keep about 20% of the available storage free at all times. If the game has trouble swapping data when it needs to, it can cause issues. It needs free space to do this.

2.) Don't overload your inventory. Especially carrying multiple copies of similar items (like many "Steel Sword"s) will exacerbate the problem described above. (Truly, there's almost no reason to horde items in the game. Most gear will become quickly obsolete and need to be replaced anyway. Once decoctions and potions are created, you don't need the reagents for anything. Aside from early on, there's no real reason to sell off weapons an junk loot worth only coppers, so just grab the expensive stuff.)

3.) Don't keep more than ~10 of the same Runestones or Glyphs in your inventory -- use them or stash them. There's a bug that can arise when you have too many of the same Rune/Glyph in Geralt's active inventory. It doesn't happen all the time, but it can be an issue if it does. (Like: a "Bye-bye, saved game!" issue.) As far as I know, the cause of this was never found. It seems to happen completely randomly.

4.) Don't fight the reality. If you notice the game starts lagging in a merchant screen, or acting funny -- exit. Save your progress in a new slot. Buy things 2-3 items at a time.

5.) Try disabling online connectivity, Friends features, social / marketplace stuff, etc. In other words, try to free up as much of the Switch's resources as you can, and see if that allows you to progress through the trouble areas.

It's a really ambitious title to have brought to a handheld. If you encounter something that reliably breaks the game -- don't do that. ;) (But do send the info into CDPR Support!)

Hello,

Thank you for your explanation.
My problem is that i don't succeed in beginning the adventure sadly :(
I explain : I'm only on the first playable scene and the cutscenes crash (when it is not the 1st or 2nd one, the 3rd one crash every time). i don't have anything in my inventory and I formatted my switch so I have lots of free space. Finally, I tried to install either on internal memory or sd card and tried to launch the game with plane mode.
I never work properly.
I contacted support, they told they were investigating the issue.
Hope they will find something.

I am in the same boat, it's frustrating to hear other reports. I bought the game while it is on sale for the Switch, and I am not able to play it at all. It crashes right after the very first screen, before I can even create a game. One time I got it to go to the initialization screen, let me create a game, watch the intro video... and then immediately crashed and has resumed crashing after the very first video again.

I've checked the data, which says OK. I've deleted and re-downloaded it, and cleared the cache and it behaves exactly the same.

All the other games I have work fine, and at this point I have been unable to play a game I paid for.

I understand that this is frustrating. As mentioned before, it‘s probably best to report issues like that to support so they can investigate: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ch/sp-technical/issue/1141/contact-to-support

The more info support has, the more likely they will find a solution. The tricky thing is that most Switch consoles do not have that issue. So either not all Switch consoles are the same, it‘s a heating problem (for example due to dust or a blocked ventilation system...) or there‘s something wrong with the cartridge...

I did submit a report of the issue. After typing up a nice long, detailed explanation and submitting your website reported "There was a problem while submitting your request."

Apparently that works about as well as your game.... so yea. I just filed a report with Nintendo, they're issuing me a full refund and investigating this game.

It looks like your game is just too much for Switch hardware, releasing it was a bad idea and shows a larger desire for money than satisfied customers.

On my side, I went to the shop I bought the game to change to a new one. It still crashes.
I can tell that every other games I have are working properly.

I tried with a friend's switch and the game works well...
Perhaps due to serial of switch : mine begin with XAJ40029 and my friend XAJ40068
I contacted cdproject support a few weeks ago but after saying they would have a look, they finally told "
Hi,

I'm afraid I have no news to share at the moment.

Kind regards,
John"

Very disappointing !!
Post automatically merged:

I did submit a report of the issue. After typing up a nice long, detailed explanation and submitting your website reported "There was a problem while submitting your request."

Apparently that works about as well as your game.... so yea. I just filed a report with Nintendo, they're issuing me a full refund and investigating this game.

It looks like your game is just too much for Switch hardware, releasing it was a bad idea and shows a larger desire for money than satisfied customers.
Did you buy a physical game or eshop ?
How did you ask for refund ?

For people experiencing the crashes right at the start of the game, how much free HDD / SSD space do you have available on the Switch? If it's extremely full, I'd recommend deleting enough games off of the system to keep about 20% of the drive free. See if that makes any difference.

For people experiencing the crashes right at the start of the game, how much free HDD / SSD space do you have available on the Switch? If it's extremely full, I'd recommend deleting enough games off of the system to keep about 20% of the drive free. See if that makes any difference.
On my side, my switch was fresh formatted so no problem about free space. The problem is on cdprojekt's side or saber interactive...

Top Bottom