Game looks like crap

+
The trees in the distance look like lines of pixels, is it the anti aliasing or something. I have everything set to ultra but it still looks like this. Also sharpness is off. I'm playing on the GOTY edition. Here is what it looks like https://ibb.co/kWw7f8

My specifications are:
Intel Core i5 7500
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Evga)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3

I have the latest geforce drivers.

*Don't know if this affects anything but I just factory reset my PC a day before I installed the game*

You can't expect everything in the distance to be that sharp and detailed looking. Of course you can play around with the settings and the resolution and see how it goes. Not always having everything on ultra looks the most appealing, so it might be worth doing minor changes. But overall I don't see much of an issue here.

the game does not look like crap, besides my good sir you do not seem to have the best system considering it is 2018 in the year of our lord :) that might have something to do with it if you have issues with the graphics, because i seem to have a much more powerful system than you and even my system heats up in all-ultra settings

From what I can see in the image, everything seems normal. Can you be more specific about what you're seeing with the trees?

If you just restored your system, a good idea would be to install / update all Microsoft Redistributables:
DirectX 11 / 12
DirectX 9.0c
Visual Studio
Visual C++
.NET Framework
XNA Framework

For Visual Studio and C++, be sure to install all versions from 2010 to present in order. Also, install both the x86 and x64 packages for each version. Therefore, install Viusal Studio 2010 (both the x86 and x64). Then, install Visual C++ 2010 (x86 and x64). Etc. All the way to the most recent version.

Even if this doesn't have any effect, it's a good step to get a fresh OS installation into gaming shape.

The trees in the distance look like lines of pixels, is it the anti aliasing or something. I have everything set to ultra but it still looks like this. Also sharpness is off. I'm playing on the GOTY edition. Here is what it looks like https://ibb.co/kWw7f8

My specifications are:
Intel Core i5 7500
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Evga)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3

I have the latest geforce drivers.

*Don't know if this affects anything but I just factory reset my PC a day before I installed the game*

Have you checked the "THE COMPENDIUM OF TWEAKS AND FIXES FOR THE PC VERSION" thread? there you will find settings to increase LOD quality and draw distance.

Top Bottom