Game Mode that lets you pick every card you want

+
So now that we're nearing the Homecoming release (or are we?) wouldn't it be fun if CDPR added a limited timed game mode where you could pick any card from any faction to make a deck? I don't mean like Arena, but ACTUALLY picking the cards you want in your deck but with the same bronze, silver and gold limitations. It could just be one of those special Arena events but you pick the cards from your collection instead. I really just want to have fun with this version of Gwent before it's deleted from the face of the Earth.

Examples: Henselt with Nekker Warriors and Machines, Slave Drivers with Greatswords, Etc.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I can think of so many decks that would love some nekker warriors :p spies, Queensguard, Reveal and so on. Additionally, Cahir with Henselt :D or King bran in the case of Queensguard

This sounds like fun. But also hellishly broken :p That's why it should be a time limited little special like you said, but I don't think it's planned for before Homecoming sadly

Last edited:
Such a mode would be a great goodbye for all the cards we learned to love/hate and which will likely change quite a lot with Homecoming. Totally imbalanced, but totally funny too.

A Cross-faction decks weekend event sound extremely fun, let's hope CDPR have some free time to make this happen for old time Gwent's sake.

It could just be one of those special Arena events but you pick the cards from your collection instead.

This kind of game mode could be available at all times as another Casual mode, even if limited in a way (for example, to play with friends or without XP given). Why should we not have more fun with cards, if that's possible? That's what Gwent is all about in the first place. And that kind of fun was more prevalent in the earlier stages of its development.

Funny enough I have had this idea in my head for months. A cross faction constructed mode would be insane, I can only imagine the possible combos and strategies people would come up with.

Another variant of this mode would be essentially what practice mode is now.

This way people can experiment with deck building but are still required to buy the cards if they want to use them in casual or ranked mode.

Top Bottom