Game Modules

+
Game Modules

I've been running games for so many years that I don't pay attention to adventure modules. D&D modules broke me of that because a lot of them started following a formula pattern. If I ever do run a pre-written game it's because I consider them to be those beautiful gems that are either brilliantly written or vastly different than anything I would have come up with.

That being said, a few years ago I scored a haul of all the Atlas Cyberpunk modules on Ebay and decided to check them out. I've run 2 in particular and want to recommend them.

Cabin Fever:

This is a wonderful game for assembling a team. I won't ruin the plot of it or anything, but it works well with a group of PC's that does not know each other. It leads to incredible role-playing and a nice twist. It was a bit unusual to run and it required me to have a bunch of notes and time-tables prepped to keep it running smooth, but the effort was worth it. It has a noir feel and keeps tensions extremely high. This game is very high in character playing, so if your group doesn't get into their character's personalities they might not like it.

Thicker Than Blood:

This was the first CP2020 module I ran. It's a mystery and very well done. All my games prior to that were usually break-in and assault style games. This one really changed the dynamic of how we played. I kept the story going at the end and it led to a 6-7 game campaign. Very well done.

I really like Greenwar. It was a great corporate takeover scenario and gave options on how to involve players.

I really liked the Media Junkie 1&2 from Ianus Games, even if you don't use the alternate Nights Edge rules for vamp's and such.

Top Bottom