Game needs redesign

+
Well,
Im quiting this game. I came here because of Witcher 3 gwent. I didnt start back in beta, like many did and probably i would have liked it better and would have also been very annoyed at the change to this format.

NG is badly designed. The devs cant do anything without bugs and the downsides outway the positive.

This game is not gwent. It has failed The witcher community. I will not be spending anymore of my time or any of my money on this franchise.

Good riddance :giggle:(y)
You're chasing something that was a novelty mini-game. Some definite fun, yes - but Gwent in the Witcher 3 is the definition of imbalanced. I wouldn't trade that game for current state Gwent. It isn't perfect, but it is the most compelling card game I have ever played (with the possible exception of Netrunner).

This game is not gwent. It has failed The witcher community.
Are you the Witcher community? Good to know. I have more than 2500 hrs. In The Witcher 3 and 3000 hrs. in Gwent and I enjoy both games. But I'm not the 'witcher communiry', so my opinion means nothing. (sarcasm off)

I have more than 2500 hrs. In The Witcher 3 and 3000 hrs. in Gwent and I enjoy both games.
All three Witcher games and GWENT are among my top 10 favourite games, and I've way more hours in GWENT than the first two Witcher games (3 is in a league of its very own). GWENT has not failed the Witcher community as a whole, that is definitely true.

This game is not the minigame gwent, that is also definitely true -- but like has been pointed out in numerous threads over the years, it is a good thing. The minigame as a multiplayer would absolutely fail. Hard.

Yeah, GWENT is not perfect, nor has it ever been, but imo it's quite clear that CDPR are taking it in a good direction. And the game does not need a(nother) redesign. There have always been complaints about this and that and a bunch other things, and there always will be complaints about various things. Simply because it's impossible to please everyone.

I feel the same. I have constantly watched CDPR shoot themselves in the foot with Gwent over the years with bad updates and reworks that have made the game worse.

This is not the Gwent I fell in love with. Its Gwent for kindergarteners.

This version of Gwent is more "Gwent" than Witcher 3 mini game Gwent. That game was really enjoyable content in Witcher 3 but it was not suitable for stand alone game.

And yeah you are right. NG is horribly designed. There are leader abilities in this game but if your opponent got Lockdown ability, you can't use it. What kind of stupid logic is this?

Guest 4404014

I think Gwent is awesome, and the fact that it originated in a minigame and evolved into such dimensions without losing its identity is amazing.

Furthermore, Gwent is free. I have not spent a dime on it. Not that I didn't want to. I sincerely wanted to express my appreciation for such a wonderful product by making some purchases I didn't really need, but I couldn't because of banking regulations in my country of residence. CDPr is one of the most respectable, innovative, fair and creative devs in the history of the industry. If you're are a gamer, they seriously deserve your respect.

Do you think that gwent from the game is balanced enough to even be a multiplayer gamrle and if so do you think it is complex enough to be interesting?(I think everyone would play NR spy deck and who goes first loses)
Is there a logical reason why you dont like Gwent: the Witcher 3 card game(there are players that dislike some ingame mechanics like poison, multiple scenarios played, etc.) or do you dislike it just because its not a 1:1 copy of TW3 gwent?
"I came here because of Witcher 3 gwent." Do you think people would play gwent for 3 years if it was a 1:1 copy of The Witcher 3 gwent?
I wish you the best of luck conquering The Witchers 3 gwent scene and that you collect all the cards for the quest.

Top Bottom