Game needs some serious fixes

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game needs some serious fixes

Nope, not giving this any more visibility.
- DB.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but I just closed the video at the first fighting scene.

I didn't even want to watch the rest, the guy who made the video OBVIOUSLY doesn't know how to game works, he did not FOCUS on the target he WANTED TO ATTACK.

God damn it the tutorial at the very beginning tells you about FOCUS, how you can FOCUS target so the camera wont do the "thing" he described.

Whatever man I'm done, lol.

Anyway, not sure if this thread is a bug report, if you are complaining about something related to the game, or if you are suggesting something.

But you can't just make a thread saying that something needs fixing (If something ain't broken don't fix it) just like that.

If you wanted to debate, and talk about the combat system you can't just be like "hey look at that, it need fixing"

Your intentions aren't clear, what are you trying to say exactly?

I hope I haven't offended you in any way, I am not trying to be a douche but come on man, he didn't even focus on the person he wants to attack and he's like "OH LOOK AT THE CAMERA"

You didn't even watched the video, I have to say, I don't know this guy but he is very spot on about the issues corrupting the game. Give it a try. The first video specially. Focus on the technical details. Ignore the rest.

You didn't even watched the video, I have to say, I don't know this guy but he is very spot on about the issues corrupting the game. Give it a try. The first video specially. Focus on the technical details. Ignore the rest.

Mate of course I am not going to watch the video, that guy started talking about movement and the camera when he's fighting.

He's like: I wanna attack that guy, he doesn't even press the freaking button to FOCUS on attacking him, and he's complaining about the camera movements.

What's bothering me the most doe, a person that doesn't know how to play the actual game, makes a review and criticises the combat system without knowing how it works.

Come on man, critisism is good, but at least do it the right way.

You didn't even waited when he used the focus feature and how it failed. I avoid using Focus because it hinders me as well. Focus instead of being helpful always screw things up. I just don't use it.

Last edited:
You didn't even waited when he used the focus feature and how it failed.

It didn't fail, that's why the focus feature is there, to focus on ONE target, if there are 5 people and you wanna kill them all, you don't focus on one, you try to parry/dodge their attacks while trying to hit the person you want.

Instead, that guy focused on the guy with the shield, and instead of trying to dodge the other guy's attacks, he's just standing right there, getting hits and he's like "Now that I focused on that guy I cannot attack the rest"

But that's the point, if you focus on one person, you clearly wanna kill him first, so what you do is try to dodge the rest of the attacks (If you're fighting a group like him) and attack the focused person.

Anyway, that's all I am going to say, wont debate since I am not willing to watch the video, at all. I only watched the "focus failure" as you've said and that's it.

I was just expressing my opinion, and again I hope I didn't insult you in any way.

Lock on target is bullshit and I never use it, if dude would just turn off the enemy healthbars like I do, then he would have more fun lol..;)
I still wish we could break animations during combat, I also think Quen should still be blue like it was in the old 35min demo.

Tuco

Forum veteran
It's not even a matter of using focus or not.
The problem is that he's just playing terribly and doing stupid things all around.
You don't need to lock the target to understand that even when you are surrounded the game gives you a clear hit of what you are targeting and who you are going to attack (spoiler: it's the highlighted healthbar).

He's also not a very good player in general and does a terrible job even just using sidestep at the right moment and timing his attacks (he relies on random spam instead).

Far in the video he will hack n slash all his oponents on Death March, he will just win by spamming light attacks.

There is no problem with the combat. He was playing at low level for one and how is the focus shifting to the nearest enemy bad anyway, surely thats useful. You can attack in which ever direction you want to with the left thumbstick, you have total freedom. Once I get to level 12-15 the combat became second nature and natural to me anyway. And yeah using the manual focus system is pretty damn useful too and there for a reason. This guy is just bad at the combat.

There is no problem with the combat. He was playing at low level for one and how is the focus shifting to the nearest enemy bad anyway, surely thats useful. You can attack in which ever direction you want to with the left thumbstick, you have total freedom. Once I get to level 12-15 the combat became second nature and natural to me anyway. And yeah using the manual focus system is pretty damn useful too and there for a reason. This guy is just bad at the combat.

Far in the video he will hack n slash all his oponents on Death March, he will just win by spamming light attacks. Could you all just please watch before talking nonsense ?

Far in the video he will hack n slash all his oponents on Death March, he will just win by spamming light attacks. Could you all just please watch before talking nonsense ?

And again, without watching the video and trying to understand from the things that you're saying, difficulty doesn't always matter, his character isn't leveled up enough, later on the combat gets harder, especially when you're using the Death March difficulty, anyway that's all I have to say, I wont comment nor post any further unless someone quotes me, lolz.

Anyway, Landi. I guess that you're not trying to report a bug, just debate about the combat system, so good luck with that, have a nice day, and thank you for reading my posts and stuff, ta!

Tuco

Forum veteran
I watched the video. As I said it's garbage.
It's a typical case of blaming the game for your own failure to grasp the mechanics.

The only rightful complaint (which incidentally he barely addresses at all) is about the broken line of engagement that makes enemies stand like idiots waiting for you barely few meters away from where you start the fight with them... and THAT should definitely be addressed by patches.

Then again, until it's fixed it's also up to the player trying to not exploit these kind of issues too much.
I mean, I had a "friend" (sort of) in another forum that whined incessantly about how he could just stand on a high place and kill brigands shooting the crossbow for several minutes... which is an "exploit" far less fun and convenient than just jumping down of said stone and fight properly.

Or the lack of mechanics for that matter. You can bomb your oponents from afar and they will sit and wait to die. It's embarassing. You throw bombs and they sit still, don't do a thing. Then you can throw another one. And keep going.
It's all in the video. If there is one thing that can be called garbage is the combat itself.

Last edited:
Yeah watched the video thanks, I liked the bit especially when he got smacked on the back of the head and had to run away while claiming he only had to press one button to win. The controls are simple, yes, its not a bad thing in an RPG, but carry on posting your nonsense.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Or the lack of mechanics for that matter. You can bomb your opponents from afar and they will sit and wait to die.
Yeah, as I said there is a broken implementation of the line of engagement. It's often far too close to where the fight starts, so enemies stop moving past an imaginary line that is barely few meters away from where you "pull" them. THAT is definitely something that should be addressed by patches.

But that's not what most of the video is about. It's about making stupid complaints about things that aren't broken and pointing "issues" that aren't issue at all, like "I can't target who I want" (yes, you could if yo uactually learned how), "I can just spam light attacks randomly" (no, you can't, when you meet enemies that parry and counter, which is not the case with these low level thugs) or "It's just parry and attack" which beside being completely false (there are plenty of other way to break a guard) is ironically enough a description that would fit even the basic working strategy in Dark Souls against most of the common enemies... And that's a game highly regarded for having superb melee combat.

Well, the video is there for whoever wants to watch. Even developers. It would be spot on to have some improvements. I feel like a fool when I'm playing, fighting one guy, then Geralt simply goes off spinning and dancing towards a total different target. Man that is so pissing. Make some AI variation also for some enemies. They just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Like the definition of insanity from Vaaz Montenegro.

Last edited:
I agree. Is there a way to turn off the auto-aim? It not only makes it feel like the game is playing itself at times, but is kinda buggy.
@LanDi098

Don't worry about such reactions. What they did is simply rude, wrong, and irrational. One can disagree even vehemently with others (I know I do, more often than not) but that was an outright assault at another user for... posting videos critical of the game.

Thank you Gerald. I care too much for this game to see it in that state. I even deleted my save file, I was about to go to mist island. But I don't want to finish the game while it is in this state, I don't want to squander it like that. I'm just trying to help actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom