Game no longer playable - Solved

+
Almost 300 hours in and on second playthrough and now no matter what I'm doing, fresh game install, brand new character or old save, regardless of what I'm doing or where I am, even if ii am taking time in the character menu with a totally vanilla fresh install its just crashing after about 3/4 minutes. Updated drivers, reinstalled game, did a system restore, tried previous drivers, it was fine literally a few days ago and now it's just unplayable.
System hasn't been a problem for the first 297 hours so it's a bit odd the game has decided not to play ball any longer...

i9-9900K/2080ti/32gbRam@3200

EDIT:
If you have Borderlands 3 installed it installs a file named Bifrost which can cause problems it seems.

Last edited:
Just fired the game up myself and having no problems at all. Can you specify a bit more anout the inplayableness you are facing?

Seems like you been cyber punked kid.
Lol well 297 hrs it was fine so... ;)
Post automatically merged:

Just fired the game up myself and having no problems at all. Can you specify a bit more anout the inplayableness you are facing?
Within 5 minutes max the game crashes, every time, regardless of what im doing. Nobody is relaunching any game every 5 minutes...

Have to ask, but is your Windows updated? Firmware? Would hate it if it came down to a re-install of the OS

Have to ask, but is your Windows updated? Firmware? Would hate it if it came down to a re-install of the OS
Yeah latest version and usually keep everything up to date but am leaning towards this, maye even be a pesky update conflicting with something so gonna do a system 'investigation' then an image backup today and give it a shot if I don't isolate a culprit, tbh it's so fast an install these days it's not so bad and if it doesn't fix it I'll restore the backup.

Yeah latest version and usually keep everything up to date but am leaning towards this, maye even be a pesky update conflicting with something so gonna do a system 'investigation' then an image backup today and give it a shot if I don't isolate a culprit, tbh it's so fast an install these days it's not so bad and if it doesn't fix it I'll restore the backup.
Darn! I hope you get it working. Norhtng more frustrating to be unable to use a product and now knowing where the problem is. For users and developers alike.

Any overclock? Try without it if there is.
Yeah removed CPU one a while back, GPU one seems not to make a difference - interestingly my AV just flagged a file installed by Borderlands 3 at the weekend (bifrost, i noticed it last time I installed BL3 as well but figured it must be a false positive) which on removal has let me play through to arrival at Embers which wasn't happening before so it appears this may have been the culprit.

Darn! I hope you get it working. Norhtng more frustrating to be unable to use a product and now knowing where the problem is. For users and developers alike.
Thanks, fingers crossed this BL3 file was the gonk!

Yep, no crashes after going through the StreetKid intro to the Embers car par, then left it on when I went to the shops without a crash, looks like bifrost was the culprit.

Last edited:
Yeah removed CPU one a while back, GPU one seems not to make a difference - interestingly my AV just flagged a file installed by Borderlands 3 at the weekend (bifrost, i noticed it last time I installed BL3 as well but figured it must be a false positive) which on removal has let me play through to arrival at Embers which wasn't happening before so it appears this may have been the culprit.

Thanks, fingers crossed this BL3 file was the gonk!

Yep, no crashes after going through the StreetKid intro to the Embers car par, then left it on when I went to the shops without a crash, looks like bifrost was the culprit.
I also got BL3 installed and had no problem. A quick search on it told me it can cause trouble and removing it will fix issues for BL3 as well. Happy you got it solved though! :)

Top Bottom