Game not launching

+
Hello guys (and gals),

My copy of the Witcher 3 is not launching after having installed certain mods, all into correct subfolders and scripts merged wherever possible. I go on Steam, I click "Play", it gives the "Launching..." message, and nothing happens. I've gone to Task Manager and it doesn't show up in Background Processes either, but it does show up in details to be working. I decided to wait it out, but after an hour straight of loading, I gave up. Did a clean install, tried again. Same process: download, install, merge, run. Won't launch, same error as before. My mod list is as follows:

Besserwisser Patch
Nitpicker's Patch (v2.0, the version compatible with Besserwisser)
Geralt Cloak
Blue Stripes Tattoo
Sword-Rose Tattoo
Snake Eyepatch
Devil's Pit
Skellige Steel
Old Straw Hat
Better Torches
Shields
Forgotten Worlds
The Enhancement System (Full version)
Colored Map Markers
HD Reworked Peoject
Monsters Reworked
Mane and Tail
Alternate Ofier Armor
Rambo Bandana
All NPC Scabbards
Viking and Knight
Weather Enhanced
Witcher's Silver Sabres
Weight Limit Over 9000
No Fall Damage
Fast Travel From Anywhere
Debug Console 1.32

I'm on 1.32 GOTY. I've also noticed something strange. When I launch from the executable in the game folder, it shows up in Backgroud Processes unlike Steam, but doesn't launch that way either. Any and every little bit of help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Did you try verifying/repairing the game?
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ical/issue/649/verify-integrity-of-game-cache

Using mods is always a risk. Even if you uninstall them they can bug the save games from the time when you still had them and there might still be mod traces left on your computer, that could interfere in some way.

You can also check your antivirus program, to see if it's perhaps blocking the app for whatever reason.

And make sure to close all non-essential background applications, just in case.

Did you try verifying/repairing the game?
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ical/issue/649/verify-integrity-of-game-cache

Using mods is always a risk. Even if you uninstall them they can bug the save games from the time when you still had them and there might still be mod traces left on your computer, that could interfere in some way.

You can also check your antivirus program, to see if it's perhaps blocking the app for whatever reason.

And make sure to close all non-essential background applications, just in case.

I did verify my cache, several times, and I don't use an antivirus other than Windows Defender. I've made sure Witcher 3 is whitelisted there.

In that case, I'd recommend doing a clean installation in a new directory. And perhaps, after uninstalling the game, manually remove all the still remaining TW3 files first (except for the save games, of course)

As this is very likely a modding issue, we'll now go on a magical journey to the modding forums. (Hand waving. Strange words. Glitter and stuff.)

I would've rather posted there in the first place, but I'm not allowed to yet.

Top Bottom