Game not recognizing DLC

+
After installing the base game no expansion yet, I installed some mods and launched the game. I was able to play for 3 hours without any problems and when I was about to reconfigure my key bindings it wont work and was reverting to default every time I restarted the game. So I did some research and found the problem and fixed it and for some reason I did a verify repair just to make sure again for whatever reason. Now the game does not recognize the dlc are installed. I tried reinstalling the DLC by unchecking and restarting pc and reinstalling by checking the dlc checkbox in GOG. Still I cant see the dlc ingame. So does starting a new game fix this? Mod that I installed the requires editing some files where random monster encounter and Geralt cloak.

Removing the mods is a good first step because mods can cause all sorts of (unexpected and illogical) issues. If the issue is caused by mods, starting a new game probably wouldn't help.

1.) If you're on Windows 10, be sure that the Permissions for your ...\Documents\The Witcher 3\... directory are set for "Everyone". Then, delete the entire contents of that directory (EXCEPT the gamesaves folder -- KEEP that), then run another verify / repair.

2.) If that doesn't work, I would back up your gamesaves folder, then completely uninstall the game, any mod managers, and delete or move the mods themselves to a new directory.

3.) Clean out any remaining TW3 stuff manually, including things in hidden directories like AppData.

4.) Use CCleaner to scan and fix your Registry for errors. Just keep running the scan over and over until it reports back, "No errors detected." Then restart the PC, and run the scan repeatedly again. Keep that up until the program reports "No errors" immediately following a restart.

5.) Install the game to a new directory path. Ensure it's on the root of your drive and a path you are certain you've not used before. For example, I'd recommend:
C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\...

Just be sure it's not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). That should work around any hangups preventing the DLCs from being recognized.

Top Bottom