Game of the year edition - compatible if already have base game installed?

+
If you have an base game on a ps4 console and then you decide to buy a Game Of The Year Edition version that is on 75% sale on ps4 store - will the save file on the base game be compatible for the Game Of The Year version or would the system erase the save file and i have to start over all over again?

As answered here (question 6), if you own the base game on consoles (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and you want to buy the GOTY Edition, our suggestion is to buy the Season Pass instead. Should you buy the GOTY Edition, game saves from your base game will not work because the system treats the GOTY Edition as a separate product.

Unfortunately, you will need to start again, if you purchase the GOTY Edition.

thanks a lot! helping a friend out and i provided the screenshot of the link you provided. really helped, wish i could have done a deep dive first haha, but thanks for your time!!

Can anyone explain what’s season pass and how to get it ?
If you already have the "base" game, you'll avoid to buy it again and finally have the same content as the GOTY edition :)
Playstation
Xbox
Steam
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass
Gog
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass

ok thanks. It’s available in ps store ? It allows me to continue the game in GOY edition with the save files from disc edition ?

ok thanks. It’s available in ps store ? It allows me to continue the game in GOY edition with the save files from disc edition ?
Not sure :(
How the system work on console (xbox at least), it's two different games.
I'm owner of the digital "base game", but I'm not for the GOTY edition... So my saves would unlikely be loaded/recognized if I buy/install the GOTY edition.

If you already have the base game on disc edition, the expansion pass would be the way to go (if you want to keep your progression).
The GOTY is "only" a "low cost all-in". So your "disc version + expansion pass" will be the same in all points as the GOTY (no difference at all) ;)

Not sure :(
How the system work on console (xbox at least), it's two different games.
I'm owner of the digital "base game", but I'm not for the GOTY edition... So my saves would unlikely be loaded/recognized if I buy/install the GOTY edition.

If you already have the base game on disc edition, the expansion pass would be the way to go (if you want to keep your progression).
The GOTY is "only" a "low cost all-in". So your "disc version + expansion pass" will be the same in all points as the GOTY (no difference at all) ;)
Thanks a lot mate ! Found in Ps store expansion pack at good discount today and purchased it. Guess acquires GOY edition has to go for a toss

Hit another wall. Expansion packs are not getting installed. My disc says Region All and my PSN account and DLC are from uae store. Not sure what’s problem though. Is it due to CUSA code ? Can anyone explain how it works and what’s CUSA code ?

Weird :(
From what I understand, it lock game and DLC for regions (DLCs bought in US Store can't installed on a game bought in Japan).
I doubt that your game version could be "valid" for all regions.
CUSA codes indicate the region for PlayStation games. The region information of a PS helps to identify the languages of the game and if DLCs will work with that particular PS version or not. For example, if a PS4 game has a CUSA code that indicates that the game is made for the United States market, then it is unlikely to some other European languages, for example, Russian. It will also accept DLCs only for the US.

Unfortunatelly CUSA codes are not as straightforward as BLES codes are. It is usually a 5-digit number. In order to find the regional information from a CUSA code, you need to look for the info on specialized websites that have CUSA information.

Thanks for elaborate reply. Sorry , but how different are the regional codes ( 1,2,3 etc ) from these CUSA codes. Game saves (continuity when switched to digital from disc ) are related to CUSA codes or regional nos. It’s so confusing.

One thing that I wonder, on Xbox I have an option to "search" all the additional contents for a game which is installed on my console. So in short, only available and "accepted" contents are displayed.
If you have this option on Playstation, it display the season pass that you have buy ?

It’s for the better if Sony addresses the mess about CUSA codes and Regions. So many are losing money on buying expansion packs and not to get it installed. Could you pls provide some details to my above question, if possible

Top Bottom