Game of the Year edition in 2023?

+
The term is likely used as an placeholder. They said they want to make a similar edition like The Witcher 3's Game of the Year Edition after all Expansions/DLCs were released

Beside, I'm not sure it will be named "GOTY" (the "funny" web...). From what I readed, Adam Kiciński said something like :
"We did the same with The Witcher 3, which - after two expansions - was finally published as a Game of the Year Edition, and has been distributed in this form ever since. So - we should expect the same here; it’s a fairly natural direction for us to take."

So I could be wrong, but for me, it mean :
After the expansion, Cyberpunk will certainely receive a new edition including everything, like it was the case with TW3 GOTY edition after the two expansions release.
So in short, he never said that Cyberpunk 2077 (complete edition) will be named Game Of The Year edition... (it could be named whatever they decide, Complete Edition, Final Edition, Deluxe Edition, Gonk Edition, Psycho Edition...)

Last edited:
Also - I am sure most AAA releases could use the term 'Game of the Year' if they wanted. I am sure some publication, game reviewer or something gave Cyberpunk 2077 game of the year.

Even Two Worlds II got a GOTY edition.

It's just a marketing concept, though Cyberpunk did win "game of the year" awards, IGN Japan comes to mind, so technically...

Hello, new to the forum, the game is very awesome but it lacks a lot... I hopefully that the managers and developers appreciate their players and add this!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/zi793h
Make of this what you will, my guy. These are config commands for features coming at some point, some may not be here sure... but I doubt there's much more than this though.

We don't know what will be in the expansion, but I wouldn't expect anything too considerably different from what the final update entails beyond things like new weapons(maybe), new vehicles(maybe), new missions and characters, new areas and opening up previously closed/unfinished ones. System wide revisions locked behind a pay wall would give any person with the mind to complain the perfect reason to do so. There are a few I wouldn't mind being the case as I understand how expensive they could be to implement, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything they haven't said when they're still behind on delivering what was advertised before release. Temper your expectations.

Attachments

• New-Settings.jpg
    New-Settings.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
What in this game that even worthy of a GOTYE? They couldn't even give us the prologue mission or the Metro, and only 1 story DLC. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be labeled as such though

Why though?

As others have accurately pointed out, it's really just a marketing ploy to brand a new edition as GOTY. Everyone knows what GOTY editions really stands for by now.

If it's really about them winning the award or not then they still fulfill the requirement as IGN Japan gave CP2077 a GOTY award.

This entire argument boils down to people who don't like the game or don't think it deserves the title being annoyed at some title no one really considers as anything else than an edition "with everything released so far already included in it".

Top Bottom