Game of Thrones RPG.

+
Game of Thrones RPG.

I started playing this game and so far I'm liking it. It's nowhere near as good as TW2 in terms of graphics or combat but they are decent enough. The UI is shit ( forget the so called consolization of the UI for TW2 this is worse ). Lip Synching is horrible, but voice acting is good ( they have the Actors for Mormont and Varys from the TV show in this ). Story so far is good and there is a lot of lore in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KBK8Qia5ww&list=PL5A8817EE281B7593&feature=plpp_play_all

If you want to take a look.

Interesting how well done TW2 is that.. not much compares. Look at TW2 Character movements (feels fluid, like a real person) - then Game of Thrones looks clunky like slow and floaty like a PS2 game.. CDPR did such a good job. This game looks really dated.

Its a bad game... as for George Martin hes influence was minimal (almost for PR purposes only )... game was meant to be bad becouse of bad development aproach , leader of devs had ambitions to make it AAA game but had lack of vision , talent and experience also because his ego he forced a lot of things in spite of his team .If you want details seek neogaf thread about Game of Thrones game.

My friend bought it even i warned him (thanks to neogaf thread) i watched game when he played it ... and after that i could only laugh at him (i didnt had any will to borrow game from him after lol ).

Bad graphics , reused models , linear ... ermmm gameplay totaly afull uhhh... i could go on and on...

AND previous game of this studio was cycling team simulator or something like that so go figure...

Buy books or read them again if you have them already but for god sake save yourself pain and dont play this game...

The story is good from what I've seen, and that's the thing I care about the most. I don't despise the combat and I've played plenty of games with worse graphics.

Yeah my friend said so before he bought it "story is all i care about" , he stopped in middle of game and hes player that almost all games he plays on easy or using mods/cheats to progress story (i mock him becouse of that always ). ^.^

We will talk after you finish game it will be interesting to read your review :)

Well I am playing on Lord difficulty. I do care about gameplay in the games I play, that's why I like TW2 since it has excellent gameplay, but if it's bad then I just manage it and focus on the things I like.

I had previously ignored this game for obvious reasons, but if what you say about the story is true, then I just might take a second look at it.

The game is bad.

Not just the graphics, the controls, the gameplay or the horrible inventory.

No, quick-save takes ages, loading is even worse.
I mean really terrible GOT quick-save takes longer then a quick-load in Witcher 2.

Those are completely irrelevant. TW1 had worse technical issues when it came out and yet it was still an awesome RPG because of the story.

Meeting Varys...well it was freaking fucking awesome.

I'm mildly interested in seeing the story for this game but I don't know if I'll have the patience for the gameplay, so I'm waiting for it to be around $5 before I get it (that way I won't be too upset if I end up rage-quitting and never finishing it :p).

I really like the story in A Game of Thrones, but other than that I'm not all that impressed. Combat is a bit boring, the cities are empty and you can't interact with many people other than quest-related NPCs or shopkeepers, and exploration is limited.

Overall, the game is good because of its story, but if anyone finds the story lacking, the rest of the game isn't going to make up for that.

The first act just seems fascinating, consider that in the series at least, the Night's Watch is always seen tangentially, whereas here you get an interactive world dealing with the problems that come with taking the black, and so on (couldn't help but notice a reference to Men in Black in the dialogue, lazy writting). It is, in a way, the literary idea of the times of the Jedis, which was not delivered in the SW prequels. And if the combat is similar but worse than DAO, then I'm basically sold on this. I hear that Cersei makes an appearance too, not to mention that the superb music, as far as I could watch the vids, is lifted straight from the series. And Varys plus anyone from the small council is cool indeed.

Varys's appearance is what sold me really. It's not a cameo, he actually plays a rather important role in the story.

CostinMoroianu said:
Varys's appearance is what sold me really. It's not a cameo, he actually plays a rather important role in the story.

That's good to hear. He's one of the few characters from the series that I actually like, so it'll be cool to see more of him :D

tracker05 said:
The first act just seems fascinating, consider that in the series at least, the Night's Watch is always seen tangentially, whereas here you get an interactive world dealing with the problems that come with taking the black, and so on (couldn't help but notice a reference to Men in Black in the dialogue, lazy writting). It is, in a way, the literary idea of the times of the Jedis, which was not delivered in the SW prequels. And if the combat is similar but worse than DAO, then I'm basically sold on this. I hear that Cersei makes an appearance too, not to mention that the superb music, as far as I could watch the vids, is lifted straight from the series. And Varys plus anyone from the small council is cool indeed.

Cersei makes more than just an appearance.

Costin, thanks so much for the heads up on this game, I had it confused with GOT:Origins and was going to pass on it. But I payed full price on it and I'm absolutely thrilled with it, both with the dialogue options and combat. Do not believe metacritic on this one, folks.

Does anyone want a longish impression from someone who's finished the game? I'm sure it won't be as good as whatever Costin writes but if you want an assessment in a pinch I can offer one.

Hey SydLosttarot, I'd love to compare notes; I'm a fan of Dragon Age: Origins, so you may understand why this won me over.

Top Bottom