Game only works with 16:9... wait... what???

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
memxcom said:
I think if you had to pick one res then 1920x1080 would be the most common for 16:9.I understand where you guys are coming from but end of the day its their decision not mine.I had to put up with the dumbed down or console port of DA2 on PC version,that was bad enough so know what you are saying.Sad thing is nowadays PC platfrom will have a compromise or two(as I keep saying).
I see your point. But there are things that can't be subject to compromise. And this is one of them, at least for me.Besides this shouldn't happen to a PC exclusive.

Opening the game and seeing it in letterbox may seem to be only a minor irritant, but irritation builds when we're confronted with a minor irritant over and over, every time we open the game. I consider this a major flaw and I have canceled my preorder.I'll consider this game ready for release when this is fixed, and I hope the Devs will soon let us know when this will be.

I understand the moniter I have is 1440x900 and that's 16:10 if I understand. What will exactly happen when I run TW2? Because I can run TW1 fine.

Anathemic said:
I understand the moniter I have is 1440x900 and that's 16:10 if I understand. What will exactly happen when I run TW2? Because I can run TW1 fine.
Until the 16:10 configuration is implemented it will look like a letterbox movie to put it in a nutshell

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Until the 16:10 configuration is implemented it will look like a letterbox movie to put it in a nutshell
Just reread the thread. If the screenshots are true in showing the size of the black bars, then I'm fine with it, if they are that size, not greater.

I'm a little surprised the NEW engine cannot perform a simple aspect ratio calculation, not that I'm bothered, my monitor is 16:9 native, but still.

I assume it's not really the case of REDengine but rather the game's interface. Let's take for example inventory window. It's "wide", all elements are big and take big part of screen. I assume it can be tighten a bit to fit 16:10, however IMO they would have to remake whole interface to make it fit 4:3.

Hax said:
I assume it's not really the case of REDengine but rather the game's interface. Let's take for example inventory window. It's "wide", all elements are big and take big part of screen. I assume it can be tighten a bit to fit 16:10, however IMO they would have to remake whole interface to make it fit 4:3.
If it were true 16:10 they wouldn't be tightening anything, they would be adding excess space to the top and bottom. That shouldn't be a big issue. I can understand 4:3 though. That would need some tinkering.

Please CD Projekt listen your fans and add native support of other aspect ratios after the release in the patch. Thank you :)

MichiGen1200 said:
Please CD Projekt listen your fans and add native support of other aspect ratios after the release in the patch. Thank you :)
The last answer in the Ask the Devs thread gives me hope. I think they are trying to close as many bugs as possible before the release. Anyone knows when the game will go gold? Maybe they won't achieve it for the release, but for a first 17th May patch.

I'm using 1680x1050 resolution with aspect ratio of 16:10. I honestly do not know what is it such a big deal everyone is crying about 16:9? I don't really have a problem with it.. also the developers have already mentioned that they are working on it.

Perfectly respectable different sensitivities. I'm with you in this one (although my screen is 16:9). But think that this game is a visual sexy one, and many people want to play it with the better graphics (even spending hundreds of $ updating theirs computers), within its possibilities.

DevilsAdvocate said:
Anyone knows when the game will go gold? Maybe they won't achieve it for the release, but for a first 17th May patch.
Well, the upcoming issue of CD-Action is supposed to feature a review of the final version of the game. The magazine is due out May 10. The preview actually had a disclaimer basically stating that the issue might come out later if they don't get the game on time, so it seems they're serious.

Don't fool yourselves, this IS a big deal! Not being able to choose a resolution, really?? This is the worst example of consolitis ever! Even those despicable console ports let's you chose your own native resolution, but a PC exclusive don't??!!! Many people will be pissed when they found out about that! Now I have a 16:9 monitor, and I am a moderate fanboy of this game, but I also know the PC gamer's sentiments; they would whine about even the tiniest things..They absolutely must fix this before the release, or they'll face those idiots on metacritics, and amazon, giving this game 0, or 1 score, accusing it of being a console port. And people actually do listen to user scores, because they think that gamers are more right than gaming journalists! Hell, I can't even think of what CDP was thinking, overlooking this!!

Ok this is a problem, 16:9 is horrible on a monitor, some people dont mind it (great, happy for them) but i hate it!Cd project you have to support 16:10, YOU ARE MAKING A PC GAME

I can understand the notion now.. CDPR has already confirmed that PS3 and XBOX360 and they have already been working on it.PC exclusive is kinda lie though.http://www.computerandvideogames.com/299460/news/witcher-2-console-in-the-works-is-entirely-new-project-report/

archaven said:
I can understand the notion now.. CDPR has already confirmed that PS3 and XBOX360 and they have already been working on it.PC exclusive is kinda lie though.http://www.computerandvideogames.com/299460/news/witcher-2-console-in-the-works-is-entirely-new-project-report/
They don't want to alienate the PC gamers and I understand that, only a blind person cannot see that this game was made for consoles too. The only thing that I still do not like is the game working with only 16:9 resolutions. The PC version of TW 2 should have more option not less.

This is in no way advertising for anyone, but look:I checked newegg, clicked on monitors, and this is what I got:http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=19&name=MonitorsI checked Best Buy, clicked on monitors, and this is what I got:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computers-PCs/Computer-Monitors/abcat0509000.c?id=abcat0509000I check Tiger Direct, clicked on monitors, and this is what I got:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=12&name=Monitor-LCDs&cm_sp=Masthead-_-Computer%20Parts-_-Spot%2025Now tell me where do you see a square, 4:3 monitor?It used to be, a few years ago, that the rectangular monitor was the $1,000 monitor and you had to search for it. Today, you click on any website that sells hardware, or walk into any computer store, and all you see is 16:9, and you have to look for the odd 4:3. Given the time 16:9 monitors have been on the marketOn the topic of black bars, I don't get the phobia for them.. then again, when there was no HDTV, I was a big fan of letterbox, because it let me see the movie on TV just the way it was meant to be seen. It always bothered me that TV networks would crop movies to 4:3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom