Game Options Thread - FOV, Load Times, Cutscenes etc.

+

Would you like to pause, skip, and replay during cutscenes?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
cyberpunk will be a more popular franchise than GTA. rockstar is finished.

While I do think CP2077 has a potential to become very successful (especially if it has an online mode that takes off in areas like Asia, I saw a rumored list of languages that shows Chinese and Korean will now be fully voiced), it may be too early to make predictions like that. We do not know what GTA VI will be like. But CP2077 outselling at least TW3 by a margin seems quite realistic.

Why not? It sold lot hotcakes and they made a fuckload of money off GTA Online.

That's the main reason it sold like hotcakes. The "online" component. If it was purely a singleplayer game. I doubt it would have sold even half of that. Couple that with the shameless re-release on the current gen and on PC. They've simply made a business out of reselling their game and Bethesda has learned a lot from them in that aspect.

False. Rockstar has never announced anything big at E3 and from the looks of it never will. They're like Disney in this regard. They do as they please. So they didn't run away, in fact, they even showed off a behind closed doors demo of RDR 2 at E3 to the press.
The few weeks before and after RDR2s release date are completely empty this year when it comes to AAA games. Let me add it’s October which tends to be the most popular release frame among publishers. If this isn’t running away from the monster I don’t know what is

The biggest publishers in the industry are running away from RDR2 this year which kind of speaks for itself. And despite GTA V’s flaws and focus on GTA Online it is still insanely popular. To an extent Cyberpunk can only dream of as of now. Sure if it turns out to be an amazing game it will quickly gain popularity, really doubt it will sell 100 million copies though, GTA needed ~20 years and budgets beyond anything CDPR operates atm to achieve that

This is the new IP should be very difficult.
Unless CP2077 succeeds (the next CYBERPUNK game will have many more people to buy)

Oh, I'm sure it'll outsell The Witcher 3 by a large margin. Its quality actually is largely irrelevant in regards to that, though it will certainly help, as will CDPR's reputation in that regard. But what will largely carry it is its setting. Sword and Sorcery settings don't have as high an appeal rating with mainstream markets as Sci-Fi or Guns 'n Gears type settings do, so already that will draw in an even larger crowd than The Witcher did. Basically, more people like guns and robots than they do swords and dragons. Add to this the first-person perspective and you'll also be pulling in the Shooter market as well (whether you like it or not, a large swathe of people are going to associate the perspective and its guns with Shooters and purchase based on that alone).

So you're already looking at a game with a much broader market appeal, regardless of what the game even offers in the first place.

That's the main reason it sold like hotcakes. The "online" component. If it was purely a singleplayer game. I doubt it would have sold even half of that. Couple that with the shameless re-release on the current gen and on PC. They've simply made a business out of reselling their game and Bethesda has learned a lot from them in that aspect.
It sold a lot even before they started milking the online component (I'm still butthurt that we didn't get any single player DLCs). While it's true online made them a lot of money, more than what they got from game sales, it still sold a lot. And why wouldn't they release it on PC and XBone and PS4? Better hardware, it was what people were waiting for. It would have been silliy not to.

I think you're being a bit too much of a contrarian if you think GTA6 will sell badly.

sure but people will demand more. im not sure gta 5.1 will be accepted.
And they'll probably deliver on that while still milking the online part.

I think you're being a bit too much of a contrarian if you think GTA6 will sell badly.

Compare GTA 4 (singleplayer only) sales to GTA 5 sales then. GTA brand was just as popular back then, too. Reselling and online component were the main factors for that huge growth in revenue. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking it wasn't. Just wait and look at where RDR 2 sales peak, before R* inevitably pull a PS5/XB2 remaster and a PC port to go with it.

Way too soon to make predictions.

The game looked amazing in the trailer, but it is still in development and we haven't seen enough of it yet. TW3 was such a great success not just because it looked great in pre-release marketing, but because of the positive reviews from journalists that got their hands on it and positive word of mouth from players who loved it. TW3's sales figures and accolades came about it because it was one of the best single player RPGs of the decade.

Tl;dr: We won't know for sure until this thing releases.

I've been in games a long time. And the seamless world is great. Beautiful thing. But I got to thinking what kinds of problems this can cause with scripting and the like and how CDPR might address them.

Say for example you mission has you meeting some people at a night club. You go there and walk in and there are lots of people doing all kinds of things there.

Now, what if you just stand there indefinitely? Will the club close? Will the people get up and leave. What if you follow them? Will they go home and open the door to their apartment? Or just disappear off screen suddenly?

Similarly, if you go to the club early, will people walk in from outside, or just randomly appear when the script needs them? etc.

What if you block an entrance when the key NPC has to walk into the club and sit down. Do they push you aside? Do they just ghost walk into you forever?

Pure speculation:
If a place does close (I could see a lot of clubs and such being 24 hour in NC), people should leave, bouncers should approach anyone who won't leave, and you could choose to resist or not as that could be your hill to die on if you choose it. Same goes if someone is blocking a door for too long. Even without closing, over time people should come and go. All of these points aren't insurmountable with scripting and such, now where it gets iffy is on is where do they come from or go to.

While it is my dream to one day have a world so fleshed out that every NPC has a "home" even if it's just a quiet spot they just found in an alley. This would then combine with some sort of routine or track that character runs on a daily basis, with enough characters it would have to be algorithmic instead of explicitly set (at least for most), and preferably it would allow for deviations/be fairly dynamic. Sadly, that is a lot to track for current hardware, it MIGHT? be possible on a current gen console. Until you can realize that probably the best situation would be to have them appear outside the building & field of view of the player, and when leaving you could script it to check if the player can see it, if it can it just keeps walking making random turns, until it is outside the player's view then you can release the resources. This way the player never sees a character pop in or out of existence, but you don't need to preserve an entire world when the player has no chance of interacting with it.

And I'd be fine with them just "fading away" once they get far enough away from a night club or wherever they were moving from. There are practical limits at play here and from what we've heard there are going to be dozens or maybe hundreds of "bustling" NPCs walking around. It'll be funny if they start randomly pathfinding to avoid being followed. Hehe.

Sometimes I get distracted while watching cutscenes, maybe someone knocking on the door, get a phone call, there's too many examples to list, and it's really inconvenient when I miss important parts and I have to restart the game to re-watch a cutscene because the game doesn't let me pause or replay while watching cutscenes in-game.

I think the best way to implement this would be to pause/skip cutscenes with one button instead of 2, press once to pause and hold the same button for 2-3 seconds to skip so it's less likely to accidentally skip a cutscene, and to replay hold a different button for 2-3 seconds. So if you're unlucky and get distracted while watching cutscenes you can replay them if pausing wasn't helpful enough and you forgot or missed some important parts.

More games should have this feature please add this to Cyberpunk 2077

Link: https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/22/cy...mance-controversial-decision-go-first-person/

In this article, you could see statements about 'Directive Scene System'. Based on the article, It sounds like you can pull out a gun, and shoot the NPCs during dialogue scene whenever you want.

But, could we really pull out a gun 'whenever' we want? what about when we are facing story-core NPCs? If not, If It's limited to some moments, what does this system mean?

So many questions.. how do you feel about it? could this system be implemented properly?

This could work quite easily. You pull a gun and the NPC pulls one more quickly and kills you dead. No TT. No resurrection. Start over. Was it worth it?

The way I see it, you pick that option, the dialogue stops and you switch to combat, so I'm not sure they'd even need dynamic VO's and animations for that, just a hard cut.

And if they really want to have that option present at all times, then as @4meg said, choosing that option in scenes where it's stupid could just result in a Game Over. They've done that before, so it wouldn't be a stretch if we saw it in CP, too.

Hey so I’m an quadriplegic without the full use of my hands. I play all my games on the PlayStation 4 and play with my mouth while I hold the controller with my hands. Problem being for shooting games, aiming, walking and shooting all the same time is impossible for me given my lack of multiple mouths. So I’ve been sticking to melee oriented games such as the Witcher 3 which I absolutely loved. The only shooting game I found playable was uncharted 4, which would automatically aim at enemies when you fired. My question being will auto aiming/aim assist be an control option for those of us who are impaired, but still want to enjoy this awesome looking game. Thanks!!

Top Bottom