Game Options Thread - FOV, Load Times, Cutscenes etc.

+

Would you like to pause, skip, and replay during cutscenes?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are smart weapons (it's a weapon category) that fire tracking projectiles, meaning your aim doesn't have to on your target at all times. Bending bullets!

Last edited:
I think being able to replay cutscenes sort of robs you of the consequences of your choices. Also, you can already reload ... so it seems like a duplicative mechanic. The pausing and skipping I'm fine with.

Pause, definitely.
Skip, I don't really care (would rarely use it).
Replay, no thanks (would never use it).

Even just the ability to pause the game (in and out of cut-scenes) would be great. As soon as I can't pause a game and reach a really critical part is exactly when my 5 year old decides he wants to try his hand at knife juggling.

Skip, and pause definitely. if I'm on an NG+ (will there be an NG+?) or even just reloading a save, I don't want to sit through scenes I've already seen.

Definitely on board for pause and skip. The former because life happens, and needing to alt-tab out to "pause" a cutscene is frustrating (and, not to mention, only a feature for PC players as far as I know). The latter because not only does life happen, but people also replay games, and seeing the same cutscenes over and over can get frustrating (I don't skip every cutscene in TW3, just the ones I don't care for as much).

Rewind? Not so much. That's what YouTube is for. Besides, no need to rewind if there's pause and skip.

Have you heard of the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

Not sure if this helps you or not, but it's available to pre-order now, I believe.

Accessibility options would be great, though, particularly some sort of aim assist for people who need it.

Don't forget - there are going to be "Smart Guns" in the game, which can aim automatically. Just point in an enemy's general direction, and pow.

As Snowflakez said, the Xbox Adaptive Controller is a great tool to try, but I think you'd need a CronusMax adapt to use it with a PS4.

Alternatively, you could look into getting a Quadstick.

I'd also suggest getting in contact with Ablgamers (USA) or SpecialEffect (UK) if you need help getting adative equipment.

Adaptive equipment is cool and all, but it’s not something I need that’s absolutely imperative to me enjoying games. Plus I’d rather not spend money on something that a simple aim assist option would completely fix. I wholeheartedly appreciate the suggestions on equipment, but it’s not the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to see if aim assist would be an option. If it is awesome, if not that’s fine I’ll just have to look for something else to play.

Adaptive equipment is cool and all, but it’s not something I need that’s absolutely imperative to me enjoying games. Plus I’d rather not spend money on something that a simple aim assist option would completely fix. I wholeheartedly appreciate the suggestions on equipment, but it’s not the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to see if aim assist would be an option. If it is awesome, if not that’s fine I’ll just have to look for something else to play.
Understandable. Sorry, I know how frustrating it can be to have people try to be "helpful" when you weren't really asking for it.

To answer your question, I honestly do not know.

To make matters worse, it's tough to infer anything from CDPR's past games because none of them really had ranged weaponry - the crossbow in The Witcher 3 was such a minor component I sincerely doubt it had anything resembling an aim assist, and other ranged weaponry didn't need to be accurate (bombs and such).

For your sake, and the sake of anyone with similar problems, I hope an aim assist option is in. I think it's likely, I believe most FPS/TPS games with a singleplayer component have the option, at least on consoles.

Hey so I’m an quadriplegic without the full use of my hands. I play all my games on the PlayStation 4 and play with my mouth while I hold the controller with my hands. Problem being for shooting games, aiming, walking and shooting all the same time is impossible for me given my lack of multiple mouths. So I’ve been sticking to melee oriented games such as the Witcher 3 which I absolutely loved. The only shooting game I found playable was uncharted 4, which would automatically aim at enemies when you fired. My question being will auto aiming/aim assist be an control option for those of us who are impaired, but still want to enjoy this awesome looking game. Thanks!!

Bro... How did you type this message with all the necessary punctuations?

WTF! Mad respect for you, dude!

It's more common than you'd think (For instance, I type with a pen in my mouth), and it is a basic, everyday thing for many of us; nothing to be lauded. It'd be like if I complimented you for your ability to type with your fingers.

Anyways, as previously mentioned, it's hard to know if CP2077 will have aim assist (beyond smart guns) atm. We haven't heard much with regards to accessibility settings, but I know they've been seeing it get mentioned as something that is important. I'd still really suggest looking into the links I mentioned. The 2 organizations aid with costs for equipment all the time, and I've gotten much of mine that way.

It's more common than you'd think (For instance, I type with a pen in my mouth), and it is a basic, everyday thing for many of us; nothing to be lauded. It'd be like if I complimented you for your ability to type with your fingers.

Anyways, as previously mentioned, it's hard to know if CP2077 will have aim assist (beyond smart guns) atm. We haven't heard much with regards to accessibility settings, but I know they've been seeing it get mentioned as something that is important. I'd still really suggest looking into the links I mentioned. The 2 organizations aid with costs for equipment all the time, and I've gotten much of mine that way.

I mean, it might seem normal, but to us (I'm not physically disabled in anyway) we've got functioning limbs and so its easy as breathing. Typing with a pen in the mouth and being agrammatical at the same time is frankly astonishing. I can't help but respect people who adapt to such circumstances even if years of doing so make it normal to them.

As for getting in-game features in the game that will help disability issues, I think you and OP should contact CDPR directly. Or grab a hold of them on facebook messenger where they have people actively responding to fans. I remember Deus Ex fans did something similar and Eidos listened to them.

Thanks bro! I type with my pinky laid over my ring finger, so my pinky knuckle extends enough to type. After trial and error this is what worked best for me. But there are some aren’t as lucky as I am. Although I don’t have the full use of my hands, I do have some use of my arms. Enough to use a PlayStation controller positioned in my hands, while playing with my mouth. I find myself incredibly lucky to have that much. I get to enjoy games without having to worry about what equipment to get. Just a simple difficultly change and/or aim assist is more than enough assistance for me. So I’m very very lucky.

Understandable. Sorry, I know how frustrating it can be to have people try to be "helpful" when you weren't really asking for it.

To answer your question, I honestly do not know.

To make matters worse, it's tough to infer anything from CDPR's past games because none of them really had ranged weaponry - the crossbow in The Witcher 3 was such a minor component I sincerely doubt it had anything resembling an aim assist, and other ranged weaponry didn't need to be accurate (bombs and such).

For your sake, and the sake of anyone with similar problems, I hope an aim assist option is in. I think it's likely, I believe most FPS/TPS games with a singleplayer component have the option, at least on consoles.
Thank you. Yeah I know people just want to help in anyway they can, so I can’t fault them for trying in their own way. But I’m just looking for a straight answer. With the game still being so far away no one has got the answer except CDPR themselves. Hallfing suggested trying to contact them through Facebook, so that’s my next best bet. Hopefully they can answer my question. Wish me luck! haha

One other thing to note - there is melee in the game. If that's what you've been doing successfully, more power to ya!

As to the smart weapons, those'll be a great option for people like me. I'm not disabled in that way (just got bad asthma).... I just suck at FPS. ;)

- Shane

Hey everyone,

Long story short, I am a passionate gamer who happens to have a vision impairment. While I love playing video games as much as the next person and do the best I can, there is no doubt that the inaccessibility of most games make it quite difficult for gamers like me, and it's unfortunate that video games are lagging behind in this regard. It would be amazing if CD Projekt Red could implement some accessibility features in Cyberpunk 2077, namely large font/text size options and different contrast options.

I was hoping that if this garnered enough exposure and support, the devs would be encouraged to incorporate these features, which in an ideal world would be the standard so that games can cater to a wider range of people. Can't even put into words how amazing this would be for me, and many other gamers out there with a vision impairment.

Thank you all so much!

Last edited:
Top Bottom