Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
Personally I am happy with DA and Mass Effect still being done by BioWare. Those games have a writing style and atmosphere that is very uniquely Bioware and I can't see anyone else managing to do that right. I'm sure many disagree but that's how I feel. DA and Mass Effect have also (due to Bioware) been great at including a diverse bunch of characters that other video game companies don't usually bother with. People scoff at diversity because they think it's just a sjw trend or whatever, but they probably don't realise how exciting and awesome it is to play a video game and find someone who is like you, because up until recently that stuff was SO rare unless you were a straight white guy.

While I don't really have any video game series or IP I wish CDPR had ownership of, I would like them to make a MMORPG in the Witcher universe. That would be so incredibly fun, I'd rather have that than a new single player Witcher RPG tbh.

Guest 4211861

Just remembered Prey 2 2012, the one Bethesda was too cowardly to make and cancelled in favour of a boring rail shooter, like the first Prey.

Just remembered Prey 2 2012, the one Bethesda was too cowardly to make and cancelled in favour of a boring rail shooter, like the first Prey.

It still stings to know we'll never get to play this. Every once in a while, I check around the web to see if someone wants to sell a copy of what they had already done.

Prey II the ORIGINAL PREY II before bethesda softwerks It was flaming sexeh still I wanted a space cowboy game

This video has FULL SOUND FX and ATMOSPHERIC MUSIC, Watch

Bethsoft had some big b@lls cancelling this game!
Post automatically merged:

This is WHY we didn't get prey 2

Then arcane and Bethsoft LEGALLY STOLE the NAME
Does it blow the mind of anyone else that Prey 2 could've been for the gaming world back then what Cyberpunk 2077 could be now? Ugh...makes me seethe! :mad:
I wonder if they can be convinced to try and do a space bounty-hunter themed game, under a different name of course, as a Kickstarter project? If Shenmue 3 can do it, I know this could happen.

Last edited:
I already asked human head if they could do it I never heard back from them, I even told them they would have to have a different name I will ask them again IF they could have a kickstarter over it. I wish someone @ human head Torrented it and are polishing it in their spare time.

That is why I'm so full of rage these days.

Here www.humanhead.com try them!

Look what I found https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/NathanCheever/20180426/315691/Prey_2s_Bowery_District.php

Aww... Son of a, An alien SEX SHOP was in prey 2

https://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/blog/315691/ccb_02_vendors.png
I'm gonna try and spread that address around and get people to write them to show them there's definite interest in them doing that game, be it called Prey 2 or whatever they come up with. I'd back the hell out of that game, no hesitation. Can you imagine that game redone with today's graphics? :oops:

I think it would be really interesting to see what CDPR could do with a game like Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, or Lord of The Rings. Can you imagine an open world Middle Earth game with something similar to Witcher 3? But with choice of different races and deep customization? That would be freakin awesome.

People love pointless discussions :) There won't be any other IP than Witcher and Cyberpunk. It is confirmed.
They never said there would be just Cyberpunk and Witcher and nothing else. I'm sure at some point in the future they'll be either making their own IPs or getting others from existing franchises. They're going to have to expand and go into other things to keep it from getting stale and the only way to do so is to take things that already exist and do something that's never been done with those, as well as doing their own original franchises.

Last edited:
I think it would be really interesting to see what CDPR could do with a game like Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, or Lord of The Rings. Can you imagine an open world Middle Earth game with something similar to Witcher 3? But with choice of different races and deep customization? That would be freakin awesome.

They never said there would be just Cyberpunk and Witcher and nothing else. I'm sure at some point in the future they'll be either making their own IPs or getting others from existing franchises. They're going to have to expand and go into other things to keep it from getting stale and the only way to do so is to take things that already exist and do something that's never been done with those, as well as doing their own original franchises.

Recent board of directors report stated that in order to optimize costs, risk and income they are going to limit their focus to two IPs - witcher and cyberpunk. Doesn't mean it won't change in the future. But for the reasonable future that's it. And why on earth would anyone need more IPs from them. If they can pull up a decent AAA release of either IP every 3 years would mean 1 release ever 1 and a half year, Cyberpunk, Witcher, Cyberpun, Witcher and so on. That's more anyone could ask for. Let other people do their thing. Paradox - Vampire, Bioware - Dragon Age/Mass Effect (I really hope they'll wake up and stop the Anthem and other inferior "games" bullshit, fire the entire upper echelon management and get back to making decent games). We don't really need anymore of anyone's favourite IP :)

Conan Barbarian...it's a travesty no one made good SP game out of it.

It would also be a perfect fit for CDPR: something different, and refreshing but framework would be similar.

I'd honestly would to see this more than the Witcher game.

1. Protagonist with a lot of history, has also secondary skills ( Conan is not as "grim" as movies make him, he's actually a sort of free spirited adventurer/wanderer), romances, companions. ( Mako instead of Dandelion)

2. Low fantasy world, magic is rare and mysterious, huge amount of lore and history, raw, rugged, "dirty", but believable feel to it ( just like the one in Witcher)

3. Melee combat oriented...while CDPR didn't do as well as they could ( in the past), they at least have some experience with it. Something heavy, brutal feel like in last God of War ( minus the arcady elements)

4. Licence is open and anyone can do a game based on it

5. Conan Barbarian is a well known name, to attract attention

6. Howard >>> Sapkowski :p

7. Fantastic music

I really can't think of a better fit for new IP and for a better studio. Open world narrative driven rpg where you play as young Conan journeying through the world on his adventures

The world is so rich and interesting, they could make entire series from it:

dc813f2c914f90ee2bb78b387501bd3a.jpg
dc813f2c914f90ee2bb78b387501bd3a.jpg

Star Wars

If the license was open for anybody to use I wish CD Projeck to make a star wars game. Too bad the Disney bought the Star Wars license and made a contract with second devil. (The first devil is Disney)

Now with Cyberpunk 2077 I would like a Ghost in the Shell game by CDPR to make the story a bit more personal with Motoko Kusanagi, just like we had Geralt.

The Band (book series)
Broken Empire (dystopia fantasy world, book series)
Red Rising (sci-fi book series)
Mistborn or Stormlight acrhive series (fantasy)

Hell, there are so many amazing books that would make amazing game worlds.

I got this crazy idea another day, what if CDPR built own Vampire IP? Wouldnt that make them coolest dev in game industry instantly.

Would like to see what CDPR could do with the recent reboots, Planescape:Torment and Neverwinter Nights.

Also wonder if CDPR could do a Superhero type, but different. Brightburn, for example.

Top Bottom