Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
I wish they would get the saboteur from EA was one of the most under rated games of last gen and one of the best. The game had so much potential for a series but the company went under and EA absorb the rights. I would love to see a CDproject version of that game turn into series.
I think everybody will agree that every EA's and ubisoft's game would be much better if done by another company. So many potential masterpieces ruined by their greed.

Dune.

A game that starts off with the Atreides leaving Caladan and arriving on Arrakis / betrayal / escaping and being captured by the Fremen.

Then, the bulk of the game could be:
  • Learning to navigate Paul's "visions" to see what possible paths ahead may be opened or closed, then using those potential outcomes to decide how to move forward.
  • Paul training up, becoming Mua'Dib, planning and executing attacks against the spice mining operations.
  • Needing to select / replace warriors of the Fedaykin.
  • Working as Jessica to form alliances with the other Sietches.
All with CDPR writing and characterization to bring life to the 12 years Paul fights as Muad'Dib. Plus, ya, I want to ride a sandworm in a game. So it could be a beautiful marriage and evolution between the original adventure game and Dune II, which basically introduced real-time strategy to the world. Plus, plenty of lore to sink into.

So, yeah. Dune.
Didn't know there was actual game, but one of my all time favorite book series. So I could definitely get behind this.

Didn't know there was actual game, but one of my all time favorite book series. So I could definitely get behind this.

There are 2. Dune was a point-and-click adventure that was based off of the movie from the '80s (mostly in terms of visuals). Dune II was the first RTS to catch attention. Neither of them aged terribly well, but both were pretty cool for their time.

I just remembered the name of one of my favorite games of all time:
Invitation to Darkness Tecmo's Deception.
I wish CDPR could do a remake of this game.

Personally I'd cry out of happiness if CD Projekt got their hands on WOD license. Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines open world game, HELL YEAH.

I'd give CDPR Assassin's Creed. I'm not a big fan (stopped playing during Unity, only really love the Ezio games), but there's a ton of potential in the concept and Odyssey is already very clearly a fan of Witcher 3. CDPR's customer friendly business models would solve Odyssey's biggest problem, the grindy greed from Ubisoft. And the decent but generic storytelling in AC would get the CDPR touch, creating some incredible characters to populate the games' already strong worlds.

Many would argue AC doesn't need much help right now, and this obviously won't happen, but I'm not really a fan and think CDPR would take the series over the top.

Ive might said this before but they should start building own IP, every big company has own IP. Also it would be nice way to start building their Journalism Reputation etc. Yeah, I believe EA did it with Mass Effect back in the days, they just kept giving new lore and stuff weekly basis, new IP is such a hype magnet. If you have some new technology its even better.

A new IP by CDPR would be interesting, but for now the focus seems to be on Cyberpunk and The Witcher. It is common for studios to alternate between two major franchises, adding a third IP would require significant expansion, or it could make the wait between installments of each franchise unreasonably long. Another possibility might have been to consider The Witcher finished and start a new fantasy/medieval/historical themed IP in its place, but it was already stated that The Witcher will not be abandoned.

Not first but i wish they would buy the IP for the NOLF games so these can get a proper sequel. Loved the first one, hated parts of the second one. So much wasted potential.

I'd like to see them do a high quality Hearts of Iron mod, in which a small eastern European country heroically throws off the yoke of totalitarian oppression, rebuilds its economy, and then has an independent software development company that takes over the world of RPG game development, restoring some measure of sanity and basic decency to it.

Paradox Interactive have WOD license now, new game in World of Darkness is coming Werewolf the Apocalypse.
Paradox owns White Wolf, as far as I know. But they allowed Cyanide to develop Werewolf game. No idea what's going on there. Paradox owning White Wolf is such a waste.

The Walking Dead. Oh... imagine an open world game with Lee and Clementine. Instead of Witcher abilities you are using bats and nail guns and stuff. Instead of sorceress lodges you have ex-marine corp survivors and stuff.

If I could wave a wand for the future, I would given CDPR Fallout 5!
BGS has gone as far as they are going to go with this beloved title and CDPR are the fresh new vision this IP needs to get a third life!

If I could wave that same wand and give them a new IP, it would be an open world RPG modern (current day) detective mystery with emphasis on a complex "who done it", rather than simple violence only. They would be the one Dev that would make this right and not "cheezy".

I wish they took on a remake of the Vampire the Masquerade series.

This comes up a lot. Not sure who owns the rights to V:TM at the moment. Paradox, it seems. Funny how vampires became a trend that never really died. I can remember vampires being total camp when I was a kid. Anne Rice's work became popularized in the '90s, and boom -- it's still going strong.

Another suggestion that I think would really stretch them into something new, I would love CDPR to pick up an old franchise from Chris Robert's Origin, which failed after they got bought out by EA. I would love to see a modernized return of the Wing Commander Series, with a strong CDPR RPG elements to compliment the Space Opra / Simulator origins of the game. I could just imagine what the talents at CDPR would do with the enemy Kilrathi

Top Bottom