Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
Another suggestion that I think would really stretch them into something new, I would love CDPR to pick up an old franchise from Chris Robert's Origin, which failed after they got bought out by EA. I would love to see a modernized return of the Wing Commander Series, with a strong CDPR RPG elements to compliment the Space Opra / Simulator origins of the game. I could just imagine what the talents at CDPR would do with the enemy Kilrathi

Not a franchise, per say, but I've always wanted a game like Wing Commander that merged flight sim stuff with "ground" combat and an RPG story. Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) scratched that itch a bit, but I've always envisioned something less twitchy. A solid flight sim, ability to command capital ships eventually, fight through the corridors of larger vessels, explore planets, character development, and a branching campaign.

There were 2 games from the '80s / '90s called Rules of Engagement and Breach that you could use together. Rules was all about capital ship combat in space, and Breach let you conduct boarding operations similar to XCOM / Jagged Alliance battles. I always used to think, "This should be in the Wing Commander universe, and there should be a story, and we should be able to control our guy...!" :p

Not a franchise, per say, but I've always wanted a game like Wing Commander that merged flight sim stuff with "ground" combat and an RPG story. Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) scratched that itch a bit, but I've always envisioned something less twitchy. A solid flight sim, ability to command capital ships eventually, fight through the corridors of larger vessels, explore planets, character development, and a branching campaign.

There were 2 games from the '80s / '90s called Rules of Engagement and Breach that you could use together. Rules was all about capital ship combat in space, and Breach let you conduct boarding operations similar to XCOM / Jagged Alliance battles. I always used to think, "This should be in the Wing Commander universe, and there should be a story, and we should be able to control our guy...!" :p

I would be happy if they kept it to the Capital Ship level and added the ground (planet) aspect to Wing Commander. I would just love to see this universe return and have it become a solid RPG.

I'd really like the Mafia series to be acquired by CDPR. Having a story rich RPG set in the 1960s America would be awesome.

There's a plenty of things..

My dream would be Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, or Dunes.

But maybe, they could try to build their own Universe.
When I see Gaunter as an original character, I wonder how far they can go if they make a Game series.

There's a plenty of things..

My dream would be Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, or Dunes.

But maybe, they could try to build their own Universe.
When I see Gaunter as an original character, I wonder how far they can go if they make a Game series.
Every single one of them would be awesome. We never got a really good LOTR game and I don't even know if there ever was a Dune game.

As much as I love Star Wars, I feel it has been done to death, even if it was not done well. Would love to see something a little more fresh.

And I'm actually reading Metro 2033, it could be a fabulous RPG if CDPR is behind.

The atmosphere is better than Fallout in my opinion.

Every single one of them would be awesome. We never got a really good LOTR game and I don't even know if there ever was a Dune game.

Dune ? I doesn't think.

After seeing EA do not very much with the star wars license since they got exclusivity I would have loved for someone like CD Projekt Red have a shot at it as well.

This comes up a lot. Not sure who owns the rights to V:TM at the moment. Paradox, it seems. Funny how vampires became a trend that never really died. I can remember vampires being total camp when I was a kid. Anne Rice's work became popularized in the '90s, and boom -- it's still going strong.
Bloodsuckers endured for three decades because they're versatile. Any era, any genre. They fit everywhere. Teen melodrama or leather trench coats with machine guns - it just works.
Post automatically merged:

After seeing EA do not very much with the star wars license since they got exclusivity I would have loved for someone like CD Projekt Red have a shot at it as well.
Star Wars had many decent to great games. Shooters, flying sims, RPG, MMO... Why waste CDPR on something like that.

Because a lot of games were shooting games and flying games the actual non mmo rpg's are a bit few and far between that isnt on a console then again maybe you are right perhaps that would be a license better suited to someone else.

I therefore change my answer to game of thrones as I'm dying to see a decent rpg adaption of that but then again I heard someone may be doing that but who or when I don't know.

lol the first thing i thought was "star wars" and to my surprise many thought the same! i just wish the new cyberpunk game will also be in polish because i understand half of polish and i like their humour! (and girls...)

Self explanatory. These are IPs I hope CDPR take on in future games.

1. Conan
I really cant stand Conan Exiles. It took everything great about the franchise and ruined it by turning it into a glorified Rust clone. If CDPR were to gain the IP we would be in for a real treat. Adult content and themes like violence, sex, commentary on the struggle between order and chaos would be used by the dev's yet again but would have a greater emphasis on sorcery and hack N slash mechanics. We would see the forests of Cimmeria, deserts of Stygia, hills of Aquilonia, jungles of Kush, mountains of Hyperborea and the haunted lands of Nemedia in an awesome open world. I think CDPR could really do it justice, especially if they use Frank Frazetta as art inspiration

1565651890120.jpeg

2. Star Wars
Its safe to assume we all hate EA for what they have done to games in general. Thats why, if they lose the license it should go to CDPR. They could invest in new technology and use space sim mechanics to put Scam Citizen to shame. With a wealth of planets from Yavin 4, Tatooine, Bespin, Naboo, Corellia, Dathomir, Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant there is no shortage of possibilities. You could join the Empire, join the Rebellion, become a smuggler for the Hutts or follow the path of the Jedi or the Sith, the potential for choice and consequences would be staggering. CDPR could even up the violence, dark themes and include sex and nudity to add to the dystopia of the Galactic Civil War era. Twi'lek titties here we come!!!!!
1565654549807.jpeg
1565654628608.jpeg

3. 007
We haven't had a proper James Bond game in years. The last one we got was the god awful 007 Legends which didn't replicate the feel of the movies at all and did a shoddy modernization of the original material. Thats why if CDPR were to take the mantle I will definitely buy it in a heartbeat. I would love it if they could reimagine the Sean Connery and George Lazenby Bond films in a massive open world. You could go to Jamaica and go to Dr No's island, go to Turkey and fight alongside the gypsies, travel to Miami and play cards with Goldfinger, dive down in the Bahamas and take on the Disco Volante, invade Blofelds volcano in Japan, seduce the Angels of Death in Switzerland and finally defeat SPECTRE in Las Vegas. You would have a shit ton of upgrade-able gadgets, weapons as well as having consequences that change the course of your mission. You will be free to live like Bond in a 60s Mad Men/Cold War era world of sex, drugs and political tensions.

1565654687933.jpeg

What IP's do you all want CDPR to take on?

Top Bottom