Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
definitely the mass effect series for certain ;P
Post automatically merged:

oh and elex

Last edited:
D&D in it's entirety. Planescape meta-game in particular sounds promising enough and gives REDs another endless source of inspiration and income if they play their cards right (much unlike Interplay did, despair intensifies).

What? It's a better deal than Disney buying Star Wars franchise.

I’m generally not sure if CDPR could really bring any added value that’s actually needed to existing franchises, and as such, would prefer them to do something of their own. I mean, those franchises are seen an done already. It used to be Obsidian’s playground to ”fix” and add into other peoples franchises with slam dunk sequels.

However, one exception, to that rule is Paranoia. With that CDPR could use their storytelling expertise to create a juxtaposition between a darkly humorous surveillance dystopia and serious thinking about what that does to society and individuals (Poland has some history about that kind of system with Soviet Union, so it might come somewhat naturally), and what it might mean to be a clone and have your ”consciousness” constantly moved to a new shell.

Not a shooter or an action game, but a genuine RPG, of course. There is a setting and premade systems in place (just like the ones they chose not to use with Cyberpunk).

Anyway, I know there is a game avout Paranoia out there, but it looked kinda cheap and was stolen by Epic, so I’m not sure what’s going on with it. Just saying it could be interesting prospect for CDPR.

I'm not sure I could take "Paranoia" seriously as a game. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT "Beer & Pretzels" RPG, but that's all that it is (IMHO).

I'm not sure I could take "Paranoia" seriously as a game. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT "Beer & Pretzels" RPG, but that's all that it is (IMHO).

Oh yeah, it’s not really meant to be ”serious”. Or so I recall.

But you could easily inject serious themes to it, or highlight the ones it already makes a mockery of in a way that while you can laugh at them, you can also see the tragedy behind the humor.

I got another idea for CDPR. What if they did some Mayans M.C or Sons of Anarchy style Motorbike game. Imagine driving some Harley, beating dudes and shooting with shotgun, bar fights etc. GTA4 did Sons of Damned DLC if I remember right too, so its not exactly unknown to game industry. Run stripclubs of course.

Yeah my first idea is to build own Vampire world. I reckon thats the better one of my ideas. Build own Vampire World would make them coolest devs in game industry instantly.

Damn, SoA finale had almost 10 mill viewers too. Not exatly a pot of gold but anyway. If CDPR isnt up to it, maybe someone should.

Last edited:
I know that this is about games, but I don't think that CDPR should pick up anything already done by others. They are amazing at creating amazing games based on amazing universes.

To aim for something unique, "The Dresden Files" would be cool as a CRPG, and would fit perfectly with CDPR storytelling experience. I would also like to see a game based on Richard K. Morgan books, but probably it would be too close to CP for CDPR to tackle this.

EDIT:
Oh, Neal Asher world is also super-cool and I would love to explore it in the game.

Not a game series, but it would make me really happy if CDPR managed to secure the rights to "The Expanse" video games.

It's a brilliant world, and offers so many possibilities.

Mass Effect series went to shit.
And there are no good Space RPG games out there. (Star Citizen is not coming any time soon)

CDPR + The Expanse could do wonders.

And there are no good Space RPG games out there. (Star Citizen is not coming any time soon)

Bethesda is making Starfield. If its as large as ES or Fallout its gonna be great series. Starfield by the look of it looks like some "classic sci-fi" series to me. I believe Starfield is gonna be awesome, ES and Fallout series are both old as hell, so it makes if Bethesda wants to "younger" themselves.

Last edited:
Bethesda is making Starfield. If its as large as ES or Fallout its gonna be great series. Starfield by the look of it looks like some "classic sci-fi" series to me. I believe Starfield is gonna be awesome, ES and Fallout series are both old as hell, so it makes if Bethesda wants to "younger" themselves.

Well, Bethesda lost their credibility to do anything worthwhile with Fallout 76 and ES: Blades. Starfield can be amazing single-player game, or can be "Fallout 76 in space" so I would wait for more info before praising them.

Well, Bethesda lost their credibility to do anything worthwhile with Fallout 76 and ES: Blades. Starfield can be amazing single-player game, or can be "Fallout 76 in space" so I would wait for more info before praising them.

Im looking forward to it, I think its damn cool if its some 80 or 90s sci-fi kind of game. The way I see it Mass Effect or Destiny are more like evolved modern sci-fi games, it might be fun to go back to the old-school so to speak. Time couldnt be any better Cyberpunk is old-school too.

Last edited:
Mine is the Mass Effect series. I love it and it will always be my number one, but in fairness the witcher series was just so much better put together.
Better story telling, better graphics, better choices everything you can think of was superior.

I wish CDPR could have gotten Mass Effect and put the same love and attention to that game that the witcher got.

Wheel of Time (Loved the one from Legend ent)Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, 2E(don't like newer rules systems they are watered down crap) AD&D , or Star Wars with FULL Creative control. Otherwise give me mountains more single player Cyberpunk for many years to come!!

Last edited:
I think they could do a brilliant RPG based on the Star Trek universe (not the new movies).
Post automatically merged:

Not a game series, but it would make me really happy if CDPR managed to secure the rights to "The Expanse" video games.

It's a brilliant world, and offers so many possibilities.

Mass Effect series went to shit.

CDPR + The Expanse could do wonders.

I love the expanse, that would be a great RPG

Last edited:
If i was to build new game series/world. I would use movies or tv-shows. Lets say Vampire/Dracula movies, theres tons of them, I would look them and take all cool stuff from them and throw them together and 100% you are on the money. This is one reason I think game industry should move forwards movie industry.

Nice list of Vampire Movies here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vampire_films

Last edited:
Top Bottom