Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
I definitely wish that CDPR had gotten their hands on Alpha Protocol. I still wish they'd license the IP from Sega / Obsidian and make a sequel.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines for sure.

I think Troika did a great job on the story, but the mechanics were a buggy mess. I am not sure that CDPR could've improved the plot, but the sure could've done a better job of making the game playable out of the box.
Post automatically merged:

Vampire The Masquerade!
My dream is to play a VTM with the quality and budget of the CP2077. :cry:

You'll get your chance when the sequel is released.

I definitely wish that CDPR had gotten their hands on Alpha Protocol. I still wish they'd license the IP from Sega / Obsidian and make a sequel.

I think Troika did a great job on the story, but the mechanics were a buggy mess. I am not sure that CDPR could've improved the plot, but the sure could've done a better job of making the game playable out of the box.
Post automatically merged:

You'll get your chance when the sequel is released.
Sorry, I didn't like the gameplay.
Technically this game will disappoint.
I would like a VTM AAA produced by CD, a dream. :(

Personaly, I would really want CD PROJEKT RED to develop the Jak and Daxter universe.I think that this universe has so much potential and can easily be enriched with Lore masterfully created by the talent of CD PROJEKT RED.Also, the Jak and Daxter series holds a great place in my heart because they are the games that I first played in my life.

I looked at the latest gameplay video of VtM:B2 and I have to ask;

What do you think CDPR would have done differently from PDX/Hardsuit? 'Cause I can't really think of anything.
Actualy, we don't really know what PDX has done. We don't really know what CDPR could have. They could make a better game. Or they could make a worse game. They could make a different game or basicaly the same.
I like what I see so far in both CP77 and VtMB2.

Personally I think CP2077 looks better than Bloodlines 2, not sure what it is about that Bloodlines that looks clunky but, we'll have to see when the game gets released or we get a more in depth gameplay look.
I do love the vampire powers though those are sweet.

In terms of what game I think CDPR got their hands on, I'd say they could have made Alpha Protocol a much better game. If the combat aspect isn't taken into account, then Alpha Protocol is definitely one of the cooler narrative driven experiences. At least I have fond memories of that game despite the combat just sucking ass.

I also wish CDPR had their hands on a classic game called Siphon Fiter. At it's time it was one of my favorite games of all times. It was linear, but with a cool story and super fun gameplay, it was the first game that introduced proper headshot mechanics for me and it was also like the predecessor to splinter cell games in terms of stealth and such.

pshh can you imagine if CDPR got their hands on Skyrim first before Bethesda ...or at least their own version just better than Bethesda ...would be very bada$$

pshh can you imagine if CDPR got their hands on Skyrim first before Bethesda ...or at least their own version just better than Bethesda ...would be very bada$$
Sorry, but I don’t think they would have made skyrim better. We would probably have ESVI by now maybe but CDPR makes a different style of RPG from Bethesda. You do not have to play the main quest in skyrim, in most of my playthroughs I skip the main quest entirely because the dragons got old. The witcher has a completely different feel, it is much more curated. Everyone who plays the Witcher plays as Geralt, in Skyrim no character is the same.

Sorry, but I don’t think they would have made skyrim better. We would probably have ESVI by now maybe but CDPR makes a different style of RPG from Bethesda. You do not have to play the main quest in skyrim, in most of my playthroughs I skip the main quest entirely because the dragons got old. The witcher has a completely different feel, it is much more curated. Everyone who plays the Witcher plays as Geralt, in Skyrim no character is the same.

I understand what you are saying and you are right. What I was trying to convey in my comment was if CDPR created an open-world RPG where you can create your own character similar to Bethesda's Skyrim, it would just be better. Until a better version of Skyrim comes out then all we can do is just wait for ESVI :shrug: whenever that happens :D

Magic in modern world -- Harry Potter series. BUT what if he joined different houses? Slytherin maybe..its up you
Mechanic to explore -- open-world with muggles, magic cloaks, trespassing, Flying cars, student exchange(explore other schools), Quidditch, Nimbus 2077:beer: , magic class, forbidden spells, shape shifting potions, Animagis, animated maps, owl deliveries, chambers and dungeons, etc etc.. better start developing now

basically any of the big currently AAA series that started out big (like CoD) and became repeats of themselves with just more microtransactions [No RL politics here, please. -Draconifors].

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a specific game but CDPR should buy the Bethesda. They're killing the IP's.

While several people have stated this, it's not really possible. Bethesda is known for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 on. Now, Fallout is an IP that CDPR might have gotten their hands on, and I think CDPR's approach would have been a much more faithful continuation of Fallout 1 and 2.

But TES is Bethesda's original IP. It wasn't something that anyone else could have "gotten their hands on", since Beth created it from scratch.

While several people have stated this, it's not really possible. Bethesda is known for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 on. Now, Fallout is an IP that CDPR might have gotten their hands on, and I think CDPR's approach would have been a much more faithful continuation of Fallout 1 and 2.

But TES is Bethesda's original IP. It wasn't something that anyone else could have "gotten their hands on", since Beth created it from scratch.
Honestly FO:NV is the best game Bethesda had a hand in but even then it was really just Obsidian. And honestly I would rather have Bethesda’s FO3 than a really faithful FO3. The Fallout IP before NV is really boring and the opposite of a game I want to Play IMHO

My answer would be a game series and a single employees to go with it;

Legacy of Kain and it's mother, Amy Hennig.

Even better if they could get their hands on the contracts of the original cast for the series as well. Would love to see how the story ends.

Honestly FO:NV is the best game Bethesda had a hand in but even then it was really just Obsidian. And honestly I would rather have Bethesda’s FO3 than a really faithful FO3. The Fallout IP before NV is really boring and the opposite of a game I want to Play IMHO

Personally, I wasn't that taken with New Vegas. It was a little too much saving and reloading, and it felt a bit more like D&D with guns to me than a Fallout game. I'll give them props for putting much more role-playing in it than FO3, and I can easily see why so many people love it. Closer to Fallout 1 and 2 than any of the other Bethesda titles, definitely.

The main thing here is that Bethesda games have never really been "bad". Buggy, clunky, half-baked in places, missing golden opportunities to shine, a little flat and perhaps even lazy in places, and they didn't age well...but absolutely engrossing experiences that I've sunk thousands of hours into over the decades, from Arena all the way to (the latest iteration of) Skyrim. Back when Morrowind was released, what it accomplished was utterly mind-blowing. I must have played Morrowind for about 5-6 years straight. Even when Oblivion was released, Morrowind never left my hard drive.

The biggest failing of Bethesda: they stopped getting better. They kept using the same tools to build the same structures over and over an over again, all while adding a few new gimmicks to freshen it up. Now, like anything, I think gamers are tired of it. It's not "bad" -- but it's grown bland.

Conversely, CDPR's titles have all been extremely unique. The experience offered in TW1, 2, and 3 are totally different gameplay experiences between themselves. I expect the same will be true of CP2077. I think that's why CDPR climbed on top and is managing to hold its place. Like I've said in the past, I'll probably never play The Wicther games as much as I've played Beth titles, or games like XCOM in the past, but I love CDPR's titles more.

So, just to bring this squarely back on topic, I'd say IP that would work best with CDPR's approach are ones that have extremely strong narratives and could benefit from more robust gameplay or design. (I still think a re-imagining of older classics like The Magic Candle or the Ultima series would be really cool.)

I think a D&D game would make sense. I don't know where would the game take place since there are so many places in D&D. Also, CDPR employees are known to play table-top rpg games so I'm pretty sure the people that played Cyberpunk 2020 also played d&d. Also, one of the sons of Gary, the guy who co-founded d&d, is friends with Mike Pondsmith which are friends with CDPR. So, I'm pretty sure his son Luke would give his permission.

Top Bottom