Game progress, beta phase?

+
Dear community

Logged into the game after many months. Started playing in close and open bate phase and made many ingame purchases and collected many premium cards.
How can i recover my game progress? My account looks like a new account.

Thank you &
Best regards, abimi

You cannot. All collections were wiper years ago, in October 2018 when the game came out of beta.

(You should still have all the kegs, powder, and scraps you'd collected, plus scraps equal to the full mill value of all the cards you had.)

Last edited:
Feels being robbed man. :(
Because i made many ingame purchases and now have nothing.
Just saw the Twitch tourney and thought i can start playing again
... but then it makes no sense to support the game.

Thank you for the response.

You are not being robbed, since old card collections got milled for full scraps value back then. So it should be easy to craft new cards with the resources you got from the transition from beta.

Okay how do I transition from beta? My account seems to be empty.
Post automatically merged:

Okay reloaded the game and have now some ingame stuff. Thank you again.

gwent-abimo.png

Last edited:
I came back to the game after quiet a while and I'm facing a problem that is quiet big imo.

Essentially, I had a huge amount of scraps (which I was gathering since the BETA and using here and there when needed to), I want to point out that some of those scraps were obtained through transmuting cards from kegs that I bought with actual money so, while a lot of it came solely from playing the game and kegs obtained from participating to the BETA, a fair amount also came from indirectly buying them.

Here's my problem though. I just saw the new cards added today, started to craft a couple (I wasn't even paying attention to how much I add since I was suposed to have enough unless the patch containted thousands of cards) but then, I realized I fell to below 800 scraft and therefore, am unable to craft anymore.
I came back to the game yesterday before a long break and didn't pay attention to the exact number of scraps I had but all I can tell for sure, is that it was a 5 digits number.

But wait, it gets even weirder. When I checked the number of keys (the resource used to unlock things from the reward book) I realized that I have 96.
Let's be clear, just like the scraps, I don't remember how many I had exactly when I left off but I can tell you for sure that it was not 96...In fact, it was much less than that.
The thing is, I tend to purge them as soon as I can, meaning I've never held more than 40 of those at once (I'm not even sure I had any left the last time I played, to be completely honest).

So, I have no idea what happened but clearly, something happened and I have a couple theory about it.

The first one is that it's a bug, in which case I hope it's fixable.
It would be such a bizzare one though. I mean, I can see something causing to have less resources than you're supposed to but how on earth would I have lost a huge amount of some but gained a decent amount of the other.

My second theory is that it might be some sort of "People who are gathering thousands of scraps since BETA loose all of them but receive an amount of keys to compensate" kind of situation, in which case I would not be okay since 96 keys (even if we take the likely scenario were I had none left the last time I played) isn't even remotely close to a 5 digits worth of scrap value.

So, am I the only one in this situation? Does anyone have a solution or can help me in any meaningful way?

@Gen_Liu , threads merged, since this looks similar to the case above.

I very much doubt it could be the second theory, since CDPR never mentioned aught like this, and did, indeed, give beta players resources, when the game transitioned.

You might try reloading the game, and seeing if the resources refresh.

@Gen_Liu , threads merged, since this looks similar to the case above.

I very much doubt it could be the second theory, since CDPR never mentioned aught like this, and did, indeed, give beta players resources, when the game transitioned.

You might try reloading the game, and seeing if the resources refresh.
I've made a quick search around the forum before posting and didn't find any announcement from CDPR mentioning anything along those lines so, I very much doubt it's my second theory either. I was just raising it since I'm missing stuffs in one hand but received something in return.

I tried to reload the game (to be fair, I did it multiple times before posting and did it again right before writing this) but it didn't fix it.
I also checked my account (I mean, I'm the only person playing Gwent on this computer anyway but I checked just in case) and it's my correct nickname. All seems in order except for those two resources.

I also want to point out that the amount of meteorite powder seems correct (I mean, kind of the same thing, I forgot how much I had precisely when I left off but it's definitely a believable number). It's just the scraps and keys that are both incorrect by a large shot.

It also worth mentioning that it's not an issue due to transitionning from BETA since I've played the game mutliple time since then. The last time I've played were just a few months ago. 3, maybe 4. It wasn't BETA and then now, I've played mutiple times in between and everything was in order.

My account didn't reset either. I have everything else, my cards, my profile pictures, titles ect.

It also worth mentioning that it's not an issue due to transitionning from BETA since I've played the game mutliple time since then. The last time I've played were just a few months ago. 3, maybe 4. It wasn't BETA and then now, I've played mutiple times in between and everything was in order.
In that case, I'm a bit puzzled.

Not knowing the original number of scraps and reward keys is rather a handicap here; but, if you've checked your card collection thoroughly, and are certain that you couldn't possibly have spent the resources, I suppose you could check with Support about this. Please, note, however, I'm not certain whether they can help much, so no guarantees. That said, please, go ahead and contact them with your details, explaining the situation, and provide a screen-shot of your current resources.

In that case, I'm a bit puzzled.

Not knowing the original number of scraps and reward keys is rather a handicap here; but, if you've checked your card collection thoroughly, and are certain that you couldn't possibly have spent the resources, I suppose you could check with Support about this. Please, note, however, I'm not certain whether they can help much, so no guarantees. That said, please, go ahead and contact them with your details, explaining the situation, and provide a screen-shot of your current resources.
Done. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna wait and see what they do and if they can help me.
I'm not gonna lie though, my hope aren't very high at all, As you mentioned I have no rememberance of the exact number I had and unless there's some sort of game developper feature running in the background of the game that gives them access to an history of what I had (because I'm 100% sure it was a 5 digit number...In fact it took me a full minute of thinking what was preventing me from crafting a card when I attemtpted to because the lack of resources was the last thing I could think of) I don't see how this could end well for me which would hurt a lot considering the loss.

Now I'm even starting to consider the hacking possibility. Someone may have hacked my account and spent scraps for whatever reason (even though, it wouldn't make a lot of sense since you have to spend them somewhere). Maybe a hacker could steal scraps from you but that wouldn't explain why I have too many keys.
Also, I have the feeling GOG would send me a mail if someone else was attemting to access my account and I didn't receive any.

I don't know, this is such a weird issue, I'm at a bit of a loss. And it's all speculation too, maybe it's another problem I can't think of (another person using my account irl would be highly unlikely since I live alone and people that I receive at home don't get to use my computer or at least not when I'm not with them...Plus, they had no reason to do anything to it, let alone touch the resources I have in one of the many games I own). The only person that visit my appartment when I'm not here being my gf but she would never do anything like that, especially without asking me and again, you have to spend the scraps somewhere anyway. I should have noticed having more cards than I should have, for example, which I didn't (especially 5 digits scraps worth of extra cards...That would be the kind of thing I would easily notice immediately when I check them, which I did to find the new cards...In fact, since BETA I managed to gather so many cards that I have the feeling that there's not even enough new cards to cover that amount (unless you can craft the same card multiple times))...

For now, I'm gonna keep the game still, not touching the resources that I have, not playing it so everything stay the way I left it and wait to see what the support can do for me (if anything).
If they can't help me well, I'll change my password...I can't even create a new account because I would have to restart from scratch which represent litterally years of grinding so, that would be a big no no.

I'll keep you in touch on hoiw the situation evolves and cross my fingers.

But wait, it gets even weirder. When I checked the number of keys (the resource used to unlock things from the reward book) I realized that I have 96.
Let's be clear, just like the scraps, I don't remember how many I had exactly when I left off but I can tell you for sure that it was not 96...In fact, it was much less than that.
The thing is, I tend to purge them as soon as I can, meaning I've never held more than 40 of those at once (I'm not even sure I had any left the last time I played, to be completely honest).
The Keys could be end of Season Rewards which you earned while dropping down Ranks, as for the missing Scraps there once was a Fat Premium Keg for Scraps available in the Store , maybe you went all in on those back then and just forgot about it?

The Keys could be end of Season Rewards which you earned while dropping down Ranks, as for the missing Scraps there once was a Fat Premium Keg for Scraps available in the Store , maybe you went all in on those back then and just forgot about it?
I actually didn't think about the Season reward so, it could be explaining the keys (96 though? Is this not a bit much for season rewards. I mean, as I mentioned, I probably had a few the last time I've played so, it makes sense, that's probably where those come from).

About the Fat premium keg, I didn't even know that was a thing so, unfortunately it can't be that.
I'm also certain that I didn't use my scraps aggressively in any way because I've always followed a strict policy of never going below 5 digits when I used my scraps and always been very cautious about this (That's the reason why I'm so sure the amount was a 5 digits number).

This is the reason why I kept buying kegs with actual money each time a new expansion came out. I want to keep enough flexibility at all time.
I'm kinda regretting not having spent them all now though (even if, to be fair, this is the kind of thing you can't foresee).

Still, thanks a lot for your help. At least I know where the keys come from now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom