(GAME PROGRESSION BUG) Climbing..over a ledge!(the great escape)

+
Same problem, in the quest "great escape" will geralt not climb and in the quest Payday with Ciri too.

I am playing on PS4

PLS PATCH

just start over bud fro ma recent save,thats what i did 12 hours redid, goes fast when u skip dialogue.avoid quests the master of the arena and the creature in the oxenfurt forest.

Hey.

I'm having the same bug and it's freaking game breaking! Please FIX asap CDP! It happend to me after I finished the quest *SPOILER* when i have to kill Dijkstra after Radowid assassination quest.

After this each and every ledge in the game Geralt is unresponsive to. I can handle myself spawning barrels under my feet, but it's frustrating!

Thanks!

its caused by 3 quests, master of the arena and the creature in the oxenfurt forest,load a previous save and avoid those quests

This particular ledge has a setup problem. It does not appear always, we're working on fixing that.
If you have problems with other ledges it's most likely as zangurak wrote. If it's just this ledge then it's a different case.

You can keep trying and for us it always ended up working. It has something to do with your distance from the ledge. Also while in air keep pressing forward. You can also try to position youselves a bit to the sides. We are unsure if this works always or just in some cases but it did work for a save we got from customer support.

• RED Point
Reactions: fo3
Seeing how frustrating it is to not be able to finish a quest because of this climbing bug, I found a solution that worked for me. Press and hold A+B and forward, you'll have to try multiple times. It doesn't always work but keep trying and it eventually will. When I tried this, I didn't run, but stood under where I need to climb. Hope it works for you GL!

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: fo3
Geralt is no longer climbing anything. I'm playing the PC version. I've played 99 hours and can not continue, because as I said Geralt is not climbing any more! please fix it!

Thank you!

I also have this bug, managed to glitch my way through but can't progress at the end
where you need to steal the horses from the merchant with ciri before travelling to skellige to face eredin

Seeing how frustrating it is to not be able to finish a quest because of this climbing bug, I found a solution that worked for me. Press and hold A+B and forward, you'll have to try multiple times. It doesn't always work but keep trying and it eventually will. When I tried this, I didn't run, but stood under where I need to climb. Hope it works for you GL!

This actually worked for me I couldn't climb ledges too but pressing all those buttons did the job climbed the ledge, Thanks.

Hey Guys.
I've had same issue after the Contract Monster of Oxenfurt quest.
I found a solution which is not ideal but fix this problem till CDP don't fix it with patch.
To get rid of this bug you need to progress with main quest.
When you do quest with Ciri near Novigrad when you need steal 3 horses for some of their friends you need to use console (it has been posted here on forum how) to spawn barrel. You need to do it only once. After you do this quest and sail with Ciri and others to Skellige it seems that bug dissapear and you can clim again.

Here is a link and guide how to make console working

Ok i found a solution, not a fix.
I downloaded the console mod on nexusmode
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mo...&pUp=1#content

Then i used the command " spawnbarrel() ", and i managed to jump on the barrel, then on my platform.
As i said it's a solution, not a fix.

Hope this will help people if CDP don't include this bug in 1.05 patch

Top Bottom