Game redownloading 60 GB for patching

+

Guest 4527899

I'm really getting sick of this. I downloaded the 60GB game when it released which took 2 hours. Now I've finally got some time to play it, but I'm first required to update it. So far I've had to allocate 60GB of temp space on a different partition to make room for the patch, which ground away for 2 hours until it reached 94%, and then I was informed that it needed to download another 54GB of whatever for another two hours. For a supposed non-DRM game this patching process seems sketchy AF.

Although only a few lines of code have changed, I'm forced into effectively re-downloading the entire game here and it's taken twice as long as the initial install!

[Moved this to a new thread.]

I'm really getting sick of this. I downloaded the 60GB game when it released which took 2 hours. Now I've finally got some time to play it, but I'm first required to update it. So far I've had to allocate 60GB of temp space on a different partition to make room for the patch, which ground away for 2 hours until it reached 94%, and then I was informed that it needed to download another 54GB of whatever for another two hours. For a supposed non-DRM game this patching process seems sketchy AF.

Although only a few lines of code have changed, I'm forced into effectively re-downloading the entire game here and it's taken twice as long as the initial install!

That doesn't sound like it's installing correctly. Recommend you open up a Support Ticket:

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

On my end (PC on GOG), each patch has been incremental, in the normal fashion. There was a 19 GB one that downloaded at one point, but that was the largest. I've not encountered anything like you're describing. What marketplace are you using?

Also, how much HDD / SSD space do you have available on your system and where do you have the game installed (meaning directory path)? Partitioning a drive for totally isolated uses is normally fine, but having programs share data between partitions can create issues.

Top Bottom