Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
Narc339 said:
Hello, I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but it's been driving me crazy. maybe it's just my book, but I've read the thing front to back, side to side and upside down a few times. I however lack a CD key or any serial key...am i looking in the wrong place? am i skipping it? have i gone blind from to many years of drinking? if anyone can PLEASE help me locate this mysterious vanishing CD key or serial number it would be of great help. Thank you for your time and response.- ChrisMy email is narc339@hotmail.com if anyone wants to email me to try and aid me in my search.
Ok if you got the game in canada then go to this link http://www.atari.com/us/support/supportemail/supportemail_form.php?productName=The+Witcher&osType=WINXPThey will send you a the key code via email hope that dose the trick

I've got the message from the support that cd and register keys are different... and I bought my copy from the UK Atari website. And they didn't give me the registration key, only cd key... have to write them an angry e-mail...

Jakzawsze said:
Finally registered the game. I did clean installation of Windows XP on my spare computer and installed The Witcher as first application. And it worked. The only difference I can think of between those systems is Internet browser. I didn't install Mozilla Firefox this time. ( On my main computer I use Mozilla, however uninstalling it didn't help to solve the problem above).
Thanks but i finally got it as well lol , i had to download the newest Internet Explorer, cuz the one i had was too old, then i had to delete all my cookies on IE and Opera, cuz i use Opera. Finally i clicked around on Opera, forcing it to "hide" and be seen as IE, and finally after 25 minutes i got the game to register. Thanks everyone

Hi everyone.Although I bought the game a few months ago I decided to register now (because of the modules and editor, you know) and, well, I have the same problems that plague (or plagued) most of the people here. I tried most of the things - disabling firewalls, setting the cookie filter to minimum, using lower case letters, registring the game while being logged in and out on the forums. I even made a second account and tried with it but that didn't help as well. I'm using IE 6.0 and since I saw some people suggesting to update to 7, or use different browser I considered trying that too but I don't really want to change my browser, so before I do anything I wanted to ask:1. Does the IP adress matter when registering, that is - can I register a game from a different PC and use the registered game services on this one?2. Is the registration through the autorun menu the only option? I remember seeing an option to register the game on the atari website - does it work?Also, I have only one CD-key but I don't think the problem lies with that, as I don't get any "Invalid CD-key" messages, just the "Enable cookies" one. My CD-key begins with RED, that's the one for registering the game, isn't it?Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

@VALKATO 1.You need to Reg the game on the pc your playing on 2. As far as I know it is done via autorun menu to tag you in the forum as a game owner.Im not not to sure about it via atari website if it works or not 3.part of the key code dose start with Red use low caps only, and if you are using IE there seem to be some kind of hick up with it.Use fire fox as your default browser and see if that works Hope that helps

Hi, there was no key in the box, I phoned the number suppied but was told there was no-one there, HOW THE f**k CAN I PLAY WITHOUT A KEY, GET SOME STAFF TO ANSWER PHONE CALLS, AND INCLUDE KEYS IN GAME BOXES NOT ONLY ON MANUALS BUT STUCK INSIDE THE CASE, I'VE WASTED £20 FOR A CUP COASTER BECAUSE THATS ALL THE DISK IS USEFULL NOW.

relax mate. I am having th same problem. bought a game without a cd-key in the manual... looks like this is a world-wide problem..However, You dont actually need the cd-key to install and play the game. You only need that to regsiter the Web forums and get access to some extras... and I also hear you would be able to get the enhanced Game version in May free if you're registered.. but time will tell on that.Anyways, I have emaild Atari and waiting a response. I suggest you do the same... meanwhile enjoy the game... It's a real masterpiece :p

KEITHMOSELEY said:
Hi, there was no key in the box, I phoned the number suppied but was told there was no-one there, HOW THE f**k CAN I PLAY WITHOUT A KEY, GET SOME STAFF TO ANSWER PHONE CALLS, AND INCLUDE KEYS IN GAME BOXES NOT ONLY ON MANUALS BUT STUCK INSIDE THE CASE, I'VE WASTED £20 FOR A CUP COASTER BECAUSE THATS ALL THE DISK IS USEFULL NOW.
??? Have you even actually tried following the instructions? You don't need the key to play.

The key is needed only for registration at CD Projekt in order to download extras. You can play without the key. Unfortunately in some countries Atari screwed up and didn't include the key - contact either Atari, CD Projekt or both.

KEITHMOSELEY said:
Frist off Yelling in here will not help so take a deep beath If you have a UK coply check the back of your Manul it should be there.You dont need the CD code to play the game

Ok, relax guy, take a load off. XD I've seen this happen a couple times with cpu games. It's happened to Neverwinter Nights, Warhammer 40k, and Titan Quest. Sometimes, it just happens. Getting all huffy about it will not fix the problem. Now chances are, this is what you'll have to do for a fix.Contact the company in regards to the problem. Yes, I know you tried, keep trying.Secondly, you'll have to get a copy of the receipt, as well as the UPC of the game. Then, they'll probably want you to send it in to them. They do this just to make sure you bought the game, and didn't steal it/pirate it, and am trying to sneak a cd-key out of them.Once those are done, they'll send you out one.Now, that is a pain in the arse, and I know most people don't like doing that. Where I work, I do a little research online to see if it's a common issue, and if it is, I explain it to my manager, and then we let the customer return the game for a refund. Or exchange for another one. If you don't feel like jumping through those hoops, go speak with the manager at the store you purchased it from. Explain to him what's going on, and if he wants proof, send him to this site. It seems it's happened a few times. If he's a decent manager, he should let you return/exchange the game. Just have to prove to them you're not bringing it back because it sucks, or because you copied it, haha. Then, just wait a few monthes for newer ones to be printed, which will hopefully have the cd-key in them. I know it's a pain, but sometimes it does happen. Hope that helps. :)

newfgamer said:
Umm, what do you expect us to do, bring it back and exchange it, geez.
Actually, yes, I do. I had this happen with a copy of Guild Wars. Didn't have a cd-key, so I returned it, exchanged it, and it had a cd-key. Might have just been a "bad apple", so to speak. Or you could exchange it for another game, or get a refund. Like I said, if you explain the issue, and if the manager needs proof, show him the sites, more often than not, they'll work with you.

@KEITH MOSELEYIf you are in Canada please check this thread -> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3308.75Otherwise, please try calling the phone number given once again. This is not official support forum. This is the case for Atari and yelling here will get you nowhere.

Necrobile said:
Necrobile said:
Actually, yes, I do. I had this happen with a copy of Guild Wars. Didn't have a cd-key, so I returned it, exchanged it, and it had a cd-key. Might have just been a "bad apple", so to speak. Or you could exchange it for another game, or get a refund. Like I said, if you explain the issue, and if the manager needs proof, show him the sites, more often than not, they'll work with you.
Umm, that's what i said, for him to exchange it. I did it before.

newfgamer said:
newfgamer said:
newfgamer said:
Umm, that's what i said, for him to exchange it. I did it before.
Aah, sorry, I think I misread your post. lol I've had plenty of people tell me stores won't do it cause of copyright stuff, but in situations like this, it works. :)

Top Bottom