Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
Hm, it seems my game can't recognize me as being online here. I have IE, I've made sure this site is on the "Allow" list, and set my cookie protection to "Accept All Cookies", yet no matter what I do it says I have to be logged in and have cookies allowed... what am I doing wrong? I just got it, so I thought I'd upgrade it right away... :p"You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer."Edit: Hm, even after reading through more of this thread and trying what I can without any luck, I'm just going to ask how much would I miss if I played the game without the EE?

The problem was solved.Was only a question of synchronization...I have finished installed EE and it only takes 20-25 minutes.Probably the cookies were expiring.Anyway,thanks for the help.Now to the patch 1.5! :D

So first of all I'm Canadian so my game shipped without a key...now when I go to register it lets me login with my forum password and account name, I enter the key, and when I click SEND, it says "You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer"I've got IE set to accept all cookies, I've tried copy pasting the code in, I've tried to type the code in small letters out, I've tried everything!!!!/LE:Also my default browser is Firefox, my anti-virus is Avast! and it is disabled atm[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Electro057 said:
So first of all I'm Canadian so my game shipped without a key...now when I go to register it lets me login with my forum password and account name, I enter the key, and when I click SEND, it says "You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer"I've got IE set to accept all cookies, I've tried copy pasting the code in, I've tried to type the code in small letters out, I've tried everything!!!!/LE:Also my default browser is Firefox, my anti-virus is Avast! and it is disabled atm
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and detail what tips did you try already and what happened, especially the Time Zone sync thing

Hi im new her and wanted to ask howe to register my game the witcher, it says to log in but im already logd in and it still tels me to log in can enybody help pleas......???

So i registered my game on my kids PC since i could not do it on my PC. The game is registered now on the other PC and its on my account but i cant seem to update to enhanced version on my PC??

flyingmedic said:
So i registered my game on my kids PC since i could not do it on my PC. The game is registered now on the other PC and its on my account but i cant seem to update to enhanced version on my PC??
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , copy the registry keys
flyingmedic said:
Hi im new her and wanted to ask howe to register my game the witcher, it says to log in but im already logd in and it still tels me to log in can enybody help pleas......???
run REGISTER.exe from the GAME folder

So I've been emailing atari for a cd key for my OEM version of Witcher so I can download the enchanced version. Obviously this is not going to work. [MOD]Watch your language[/MOD]

BlankFrank said:
So I've been emailing atari for a cd key for my OEM version of Witcher so I can download the enchanced version. Obviously this is not going to work.
this is not the OFFICIAL ATARI SUPPORT FORUM, we do not handle key issues hereyou'll have to wait an answer from them

I have installed the game on my new Windows 7 64 bit machine. The original Tages driver is incompatible and I downloaded and installed the latest 64 bit driver from their website. Now when I try to run the game the registration verification dialogue is looking for an entirely different length key and tells me that I have an incorrect activation code - I know it isn't because I'm copying and pasting from the original email. I should mention I'm running the download version and have not so far been able to apply update patches.Any help will be gratefully received.

Have a look at these and previous posts http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.240Maybe you will find a solution there, good luck :beer:

Chesil said:
I have installed the game on my new Windows 7 64 bit machine. The original Tages driver is incompatible and I downloaded and installed the latest 64 bit driver from their website. Now when I try to run the game the registration verification dialogue is looking for an entirely different length key and tells me that I have an incorrect activation code - I know it isn't because I'm copying and pasting from the original email. I should mention I'm running the download version and have not so far been able to apply update patches.
download version = 2 keys: one from the seller for the installation, and one from CDProjekt ( REDxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx )REGISTER.EXE needs the one from CDProjektif you don't have the second key please ask your game seller for one

I know this is an old issue, but Atari doesn't exactly have the fastest customer support, and I don't know where else to turn...I got the original edition of the Witcher two years ago (almost to the day actually), and since I live in Canada I got the version with the bilingual manual that did not have the registration code. I contacted Atari for a replacement code and eventually they did get back to me with a new code... unfortunately in the two years since I seem to have lost the code :dead:My game is already registered on the website, but since I uninstalled the game long before the enhanced edition came out the registry key saying that I have previously registered the game no longer exists... Is there any way to recover my code, or otherwise install the patch without it?

MatzeEdend said:
I know this is an old issue, but Atari doesn't exactly have the fastest customer support, and I don't know where else to turn...I got the original edition of the Witcher two years ago (almost to the day actually), and since I live in Canada I got the version with the bilingual manual that did not have the registration code. I contacted Atari for a replacement code and eventually they did get back to me with a new code... unfortunately in the two years since I seem to have lost the code :dead:My game is already registered on the website, but since I uninstalled the game long before the enhanced edition came out the registry key saying that I have previously registered the game no longer exists... Is there any way to recover my code, or otherwise install the patch without it?
you got a mail with the registration confirmation, right ?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
you got a mail with the registration confirmation, right ?
Two years ago, yeah...

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Two years ago, yeah...
the key is mentioned there too
I'll see if I can find it, but that was quite a while ago... I'm pretty sure I kept a copy, but if worse comes to worst, what if I can't find it? I'm hoping I wasn't THAT stupid and simply deleted it, but I've been around me long enough to know I'm capable of great heights of stupidity :wall:

Top Bottom