Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
I thought something was fishy when the code I used to install the game didn't immediately jump to the next square to let me put in the rest of the code.Then I tried the other code that came with my game, the one with RED in the first section, and it worked!

Hey guys,I saw alot of people asking that they couldn't register the game cause wrong cd key , i had the same problem when gamesplanet sent me the mail with the multi player key which is the CD-Key to play the game and verifies it online. Just send a mail to gamesplanet support address and tell them you need the registration CD key for the site not the game , they will send it back to u in about 4-8 hours maybe even less.tried it and it worked :)hope that helps ;D

This really didn't seem like a tech issue so I'm posting it here. I have a legitimate copy (bought it from Gamestop) but when I try to register it refuses to accept my CD-Key, it says it's not valid. Obviously I'm not going to post the key itself but does anyone else have this problem? I would like to register. :(

Well I had the same thing happen to me as I posted earlyer One thing I did was upgrate my browser to Explore.7 dont know if that workd but also the froum was down earlyer in the day and they mite have fixed it for those that had the same trouble I had to retry it and see what you get.

My husband purchased a copy of the game yesterday. He went through the registration steps and received the message telling him an activation email had been sent to him but he has yet to receive an email. He even tried re-registering under a different user name and email. Same result. When I registered my copy of the game a few days ago, my activation email arrived right away. Any suggestions?

@angelwardWhen I got my game to Register I did the following things Updated your browser to Internet Explorer .7 if you have not.I Also downloaded Foxfire browser as well make sure if you use fox fire make sure you set it make it your default brower that way the game would know you want to use that one and when I got the game to reg I never got a msg saying that a email would be sent to me it just reg. Also when I frist register to the forum it would not take my Hotmail accout I had to use my home one Im not sure about Gmail but being you are using Gmail I cant see why not your husband cant.if that fails then you can always pm one of the mods for help I hope that helps Im all out of ideas sorry

I bought the game via download. I install the game on a different disk from the system (a raid array). I run witcher, it wants a patch. So I patch. Then I try to register.The screen that asks for the key seems to have a bug. The first field is too wide (by three characters). So after entering my key, I can't hit the button because the launcher thinks I have to enter more characters.I thought this was originally a problem with not using Explorer as web browser, but I have explorer as my default.What should I do?

Question for the Moderator/Website-Admin.Is it possible to revoke a registration so the key can be used again for another account? (given that the game-owner title also switches)My husband has registered on the forum first (he was a bit fast there)- but since the game is in my hands and I play it... I would like to take over the key and all the benefits.Do I have to delete his account to free the key or is there any other possebility? Or is the key used and with that useless now?

Rhian said:
Question for the Moderator/Website-Admin.Is it possible to revoke a registration so the key can be used again for another account? (given that the game-owner title also switches)My husband has registered on the forum first (he was a bit fast there)- but since the game is in my hands and I play it... I would like to take over the key and all the benefits.Do I have to delete his account to free the key or is there any other possebility? Or is the key used and with that useless now?
The "game owner" tag should be switched automatically, when registering the game using the same key on another account.

I wonder if there is a possibility of registering the game from a computer where it's not installed... Does one always need the game's internal registration app?

Darth39Mael said:
I wonder if there is a possibility of registering the game from a computer where it's not installed... Does one always need the game's internal registration app?
I'm afraid it does.

I just tried again with Firefox as the default browser, logged in, logged out, open, closed, same results, "You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer." :'(EDIT: Oh and yes all lowercase, I read that before and have been using lowercase for each attempt.
Seeker said:
@treyh0 have you tryed puting in your keycode in lower case? (maybe that mite help) Also try a diffent browser there something with IE that blocks it for some resion try Foxfire and make sure you set it as your default Browser that what the game knows you want to use that Hope that helps

Your best bet is to contact the download site where you got it... They are the one that will give you a new key... just tell them the problem and they may ask you to return the email as a proof of the problem !

Hmmm, we were thinking on it with our web programmer Janek, and the only possible conclusion is having unproper "privacy" settings set to block all the cookies. Other than that, there may be some additional software on your PC, that somehow blocks the cookies from thewitcher.com.

Brysiu said:
Hmmm, we were thinking on it with our web programmer Janek, and the only possible conclusion is having unproper "privacy" settings set to block all the cookies. Other than that, there may be some additional software on your PC, that somehow blocks the cookies from thewitcher.com.
I don't think this is it... I actually just did a fresh install of Windows (XP SP2 Home Edition--came with one of my PCs and I transfered the license to this box) solely for the purpose of The Witcher last week. I've got nothing extra on here since I don't use windows for anything but gaming. It's got IE 7 now (after I also tried IE 6). Is there a log file or debug mode I can look at? I have a tcp dump of the TLS connection to secure.thewitcher.com if that would be helpful to a developer at CDP... Could it be an SSL issue? The certificate on that site looks fine, so I don't know.

elwro

Forum veteran
I have the same issue. I use Opera, but when registering I get the "You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer." message. All this while I'm able to "normally" log in, as evidenced by this post. Cookies in IE are enabled. I've cleaned the cache and deleted all cookies, too. Turned my firewall off. Nothing worked.This game needs a normal web-page based registration system. Why all the hassle?edit: I even made IE my default browser for a while, just to check. No, it didn't help.

I had the same problem with registering the game... even after "stripping" my internet security system naked it wouldn't work. Fortunately I had someone very nice registering me manually later on.Which shouldn't be the solution though, for that will keep the devs, froum managers and tech team busy for weeks... and we sure want more Witcher stuff soon.The other problem I had was accessing the content offered after registering the game. Again : striping my sytem naked and setting my internet option to minimum, allowing all cookies didn't work to acces the guide and wall papers for registered users. Following the insturctions given to me and which were sugested here. I tried fire fox for that... which worked. I'm using windows xp and internet explorer 7... still think that there is some kind of bug, because when I tried to enter the gamer content site I was sent onto the polish registration site sometimes... which I can't read ;PAny way... my problems are solved so far and I keep my fingers crossed that everyone elses will be soon, too. Maybe the description and my solution is giving others a clue and the programmer a clue where to look for the problem.

I haven't registered and this is due to my internet on 3G, I guess they are blocking everything except port 80. Is there any other way?

I'm still trying to get registration working. I was hoping to see some network traffic when I hit send to register but it's all encrypted TLS traffic, so I can't really debug that. One thing I did notice that I thought was kind of interesting, when you click on the "Start The Witcher" icon that you normally use to start the game, it sends data to the same server (https://ayahusca.thewitcher.com/) there as well, when not even trying to register or login, only wanting to run the game... Sneaky, tracking?

Not working at all.IE is the default browser, always updated.Accepting all cookies. All security is off: router firewall, software firewall, antivirus and all IE settings on low.Don't know what to do. Maybe uninstall Firefox and Opera?I suggest to the developers they do as Bioware did: allow us to register within the forum system.Thank you.

Top Bottom