Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
falloutgod said:
??? I don't even have the registry key for the games. All I have is the game code to play the games.
then... what?do tell us in detail what you've got ( box or digital or US or UK ) and what you've got keys for

The problem is that – Atari is our official representative in North America. I would like to help you guys but there is nothing I can do from Poland. Maybe that’s just a matter of time – because of the premiere there are responding so slowly?Bests and good luck

Hi there everybody!Well, I feel like an idiot. :dead:Why? Well I, was one of those gamers who bought The Witcher nearly one year ago.I even registered my game back then...The problem is: I DO NO LONGER OWN A GAME MANUAL!I purchased the German original release back then and the game manual was so messed upwith spelling errors and wrong descriptions that I just put it into the trash after usingmy key to register my legitimate copy back then...I firmly believed entering my username and password to apply the new EE patch wouldbe sufficient... but the installer asks for the CD key again.I just reinstalled the game, so I am unable to provide the registry key the installer needs...it just keeps asking for the game key again and again.So: is there any way to prove I am a legitimate owner of the game?CDPR must have the CD Key I connected to my Username here stored somewhere in theirdatabase...I can upload screens of my game box, too...Please, give me some advice. Or send me a PM containing my registered CDkey please! Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem, "Connection could not be made with the server", I have registred my game but I don't Install Ee because the server is not connected.. Is the server Bussy?

I just had a similar problem to yours, I didn't get a manual with my game at all. You need to contact Atari support and they will help you out, it took them less than an hour to get a key for me.Rog.

Same error here... "Connection could not be made to the server"OS : vista business x64firewall disabled, AV disabled... cannot connect... and so I cannot install the EE patch :(

Rog69 said:
I just had a similar problem to yours, I didn't get a manual with my game at all. You need to contact Atari support and they will help you out, it took them less than an hour to get a key for me.Rog.
Well, thanks for your advice!I just emailed Atari's support service... I hope they can help me getting out of this mess... It would really suckbeing forced to obtain the game again due to my stupidity. :-\

Sopos said:
Hi there everybody!Well, I feel like an idiot. :dead:Why? Well I, was one of those gamers who bought The Witcher nearly one year ago.I even registered my game back then...The problem is: I DO NO LONGER OWN A GAME MANUAL!I purchased the German original release back then and the game manual was so messed upwith spelling errors and wrong descriptions that I just put it into the trash after usingmy key to register my legitimate copy back then...I firmly believed entering my username and password to apply the new EE patch wouldbe sufficient... but the installer asks for the CD key again.I just reinstalled the game, so I am unable to provide the registry key the installer needs...it just keeps asking for the game key again and again.So: is there any way to prove I am a legitimate owner of the game?CDPR must have the CD Key I connected to my Username here stored somewhere in theirdatabase...I can upload screens of my game box, too...Please, give me some advice. Or send me a PM containing my registered CDkey please! Thanks a lot!
Check all your emails when you registered you will have recieved an email like this.......Hi madpaddy!Thanks for registering your copy of "The Witcher". We wish you many successful monster contracts.This is your game registration key:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXWe kindly invite you to visit http://www.thewitcher.com/registration where you will find detailed information on the advantages of the registration.We also invite you to the Witcher's forum at www.thewitcher.com/forumPlease follow this link if you would like to register the game at Atari UK, http://www.uk.atari.com/index.php?pg=account or this link if you would like to register at Atari US http://www.onlineregister.com/atari/cgi/index.cgi.Best regardsCD Projekt REDThe XXXXXX will be your key mate good luck.......PS search for this The Witcher Registration System is what the email is called :)

Well, you are right... I got such an email back then... but I must have deleted it an eternity ago by chance when cleaning my spamemail folder. :wall:

Ouch well you have the registered user badge in your profile surely they have a record of it on here someware from then ??.

madpaddy said:
Ouch well you have the registered user badge in your profile surely they have a record of it on here someware from then ??.
Well, I really really hope so... Otherwise I will not get rid of this "you are such a fool"-feelingfor a loooooong time. ::)

Kinlaadare said:
Same error here... "Connection could not be made to the server"OS : vista business x64firewall disabled, AV disabled... cannot connect... and so I cannot install the EE patch :(
The same here with vista 32bit. Seems to be a serverproblem...

Hey all, I'm trying to register my copy of the UK vanilla Witcher that I bought last year so I can install the EE patch but the registration application on the disc keeps spitting out "A connection with the server could not be established" when I try to log in or make a new account.

It should be like on NWN bioware forum when you have registed your game you can check your cdkeys in your profile.

Well, looks like I've got myself in a bit of a pickle, actually.Back when I first got the witcher, I had some problems registering the game. So, to cut a needlessly complicated story short, a friend used his computer to register my game to my account here.Now, the fact the EE patch requires me to have registered my game from this computer, well... It's not letting me install it. I'm just wondering if it's possible touse The Witcher's launcher to.. well, "re-register" the game to my account here using the same CD key, to allow me to patch it with the Enhanced edition.(and for some reason, trying to log into my account through the witcher's launcher window says that a connection to the server could not be establishedt. bah!)

Top Bottom