Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
Cyber5 said:
I try to log in to register and it says that it cant establish a connection with the server. My firewall is off and my internet is obviously working as I can post this. What is wrong? Is the server down?edit: It stopped hating me and let me register. Hooray, now I get to try the enhanced edition. Note to everyone else: don't try to register using the DVD auto-run thing. edit2: oh great, now the enhanced edition patch can't connect to the server. Wow, great engineering, guys, It doesn't work.
try in Safe Mode with Networking

So I downloaded this game a couple days after it came out from Gamesplanet.com so I could get the uncensored version. Nowhere in any of the old emails I have do I have a "registration" code, only the serial code they gave me to activate the game through their service. Did anyone else purchase the game from Gamesplanet and know where to get this registration code? As of right now I don't have it so I cannot upgrade to the EE :'(Oh and also there is a pdf version of the manual but there doesn't appear to be a registration key on there anywhere.

Thanks... I just filled out that Atari form as well as contacting Gamesplanet through email. Hopefully I can be up and running by Monday.

I have the same problem, need to be logged in, try enabling cookies....well...they are enabled first of all, I tried safe mode with networking, dont have firewall or virus protection running (uninstalled it completely too and still nothing), even took it to a friends house and even HE has the same problem, did not use caps, nothing, not a single thing worked, and this is a fresh install of windows XP after reformatting my hard drive...so I dont get it...do they honestly expect me to go out and pay MORE money just to be able to play this version? I'm sorry if I seem upset, but seriously, what the heck...

Toofy said:
I have the same problem, need to be logged in, try enabling cookies....well...they are enabled first of all, I tried safe mode with networking, dont have firewall or virus protection running (uninstalled it completely too and still nothing), even took it to a friends house and even HE has the same problem, did not use caps, nothing, not a single thing worked, and this is a fresh install of windows XP after reformatting my hard drive...so I dont get it...do they honestly expect me to go out and pay MORE money just to be able to play this version? I'm sorry if I seem upset, but seriously, what the heck...
do retry, it should work eventually :(

Added possibility to fix:We know this one:
Just run REGISTER.EXE there, if it works ( and it did to a lot of people that could not register from their houses ) then export the registry keys on the registered computer: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CD Projekt RED and import them in your game system. After this retry to patch.
A quick solution for those who has Virtual PC with an OS already installed on it, simply run the register tool on it!As for the rest, that doesn't have it. I think those who has Vista Ultimate, Enterprise, or Business edition, as well as XP Pro can legally install the OS (even thus it's being currently used as the main OS) as a OS for a Virtual Machine. You can get Virtual PC 2007 SP1 full version for free at Microsoft.com.If you don't have any of the above editions of Windows, well simply install it, and don't activate it. Windows activation is not needed to The Witcher registration crapastic registration system.Setup time approximation for your personal knowledge:- Vista 32/64 install time: 20-25 min off CD, quicker as ISO (ISO (Vista has not have a copy protection on the disk) loaded in Virtual PC. It is faster as your HDD is faster than your optical drive).*- Windows XP install time: 30-75 min *- Windows 2000 Professional install time: 30-75min *Speed varies on your system configuration and settings set on the Virtual Machine.My own system recommendation for doing this: - Vista/XP 32-bit running on top of Vista 64-bit, with Virtual PC 64-bit: A 64-bit multi-core CPU (dual core minimum), 2.0Ghz (AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Socket 939 / AMD Athlon X2 5600+ Socket AM2 / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz), 2GB of RAM (1GB for the virtual machine)Remember that you don't need to update Windows. All you need is just a quick install, register game, export the registry key, and copy and past the folder on your desktop of your main OS, and execute it.Hope this helps.

Ok so does anybody have a solution to the problem, you need to enable cookies when trying to register the game. I have looked through about 15 pages on here on this topic but still have not found anything that works for me.Thanks

334thRaven said:
Ok so does anybody have a solution to the problem, you need to enable cookies when trying to register the game. I have looked through about 15 pages on here on this topic but still have not found anything that works for me.Thanks
tried those in the FAQ too: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ?

Recommendation. Make the registration system online, where it generates a REG file that user can apply apply.@334th_Raven, Put REGISTER.EXE (from the install folder of the game), Register folder and launcher folder on a USB stick or other media go to a computer without the game installed, and perform the registration. Then do, Start>Run>regedit > ENTER. and go to KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED, export the settings as a reg file (File>Export in Regedit), move it to your media, go back to your computer and execute the REG file. Problem solved.If you don't have a second computer, use Virtual PC form Microsoft which I suggested, it's 100% free.

first off who ever thought up to register the game this way should be shot. I keep getting the "you have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in IE." The most common theme i see is that people who do not use the IE have the most issues. I was running Opera. I completely uninstalled it and made IE the default browser again. It still gives me the same problem. I tired disabling my firewall, turning off antivirus and antispyware, safemode with networking, and still have the same message. I've spent 3 dam hours trying to register this game and getting really dam irratated. So is there any plans to get an alturnative way to register this game or what?

zolanthor said:
After opera finishes downloading i'm just going to play the game and say screw registering the dam thing. :mad:
it uses the Internet Explorer engine to access the internet, so it does not matter what your default browser istried those in the FAQ too: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ?

I previously installed and registered the game when it first came out. I later uninstalled the game and now I've reinstalled it but the Registration program isn't accepting my registration key, what can I do?

That's weird! :hmmm: It registered no problem the first time around? If so, then your game should actually be registered at witcher.com. But, the new install wants you to run the register program again of course. Are you sure you typed the key in correctly? Did you try typing in key without using capital letters even though that's how printed on manual? Make sure you don't put in an O when it should be ZERO.EDIT: If you had registered your game the first time then you should have a wolf head icon next to your user profile like mine has. ;)

I have logged in and i have correct registeration key, when i try to send that registeration key there is problem, "you have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer" i have allowed all cookies in tools > internet options > security and privace. But that will not work :( what i can do anymore????

Hi! I've registered the game AT LAST!!!!!!!! And recieve the letter fron cd pr red - but!!! Where are all the advantages ?????my profile in Versus still have no red blood line thru.... and no any other things --- 10% orens more, ability to replace points and so ----what wrong to me??????????

hello everyonei have a problemi bougth this game october last year and i have formatted hd i dont remember how many times...well today i installed the game once again, and when i tried to activate i recibed this message: activation limit exceeded with this serial numberwhat can i do? i have emails when i purchased the gamethanks in advanceps.- sorry for my english im spanish speaker

Hi Fans,I've got a very annoying problem, trying to register my game. Everytime I execute the register.exe everything works normal. I put in my login, my password and my serial. But when I've entered everything an errormessage (at the end of Point 3) is on my screen that says that I ahve to be logged in and IE needs to allow cookies. But I made an account and I've been logged in while entering (and cheking) my serial. The Internet Explorer and Firefox (-> Mainbrowser) options allow cookies. I'm really confused because I would really like to play 1.4...I would be really happy if someone of you could help me. My operating system is WinVista 32-bit Ultimate. When I've registred my account I used the Minefiled beta of Mozilla. Could this be the error?Here is the error message (german): Thanx if anyone could help me,KnuspiEDIT: Sorry, I saw that this error has been often discussen in this thread. Maybe anyone could upload the working regedit. I'm sure that would help many players ;)

Top Bottom