Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
I have sent both an email to Atari and the fellows over at The Witcher email that is listed throughout the threads listed here. I sent them last week on Thursday and have yet to receive a reply from either of them.I'm just trying to get another keycode for my OEM version of the game since I have reformatted my computer and I need to register The Witcher again. I am unable to to update my game currently since I need to have a registered version in order to do that.Just looking to see how long it took others to receive a reply to their inquiry?

Hello!I just wanted if i can uninstall the witcher (original version patched to 1.5) and reinstall on new hardware?i plan buying a new PC soon, but i remmeber the registration was locked to my hardware.can i unregister the EE patch or what should i do?Is there any data (besides save games) i need to keep to register again on new hardware.can someone please tell me what to do.thanks!

I'm not sure if this will apply to you or not, but I just reformatted my computer a couple weeks ago and am currently unable to re-register the game. Reason being is that the registration process won't take my key code anymore as it shows as being used, it was used by me, but seems to be only tied to your registry localized on your computer and not on their servers anywhere linked to your account. The only thing that seems to be stored is that the key was used.So I am currently waiting on Atari or the guys at The Witcher to get back to me on how to proceed or just with another key code.I would say if you are only replacing your video card and ram, then don't worry, but if you're replacing your HDD and using a fresh install for the OS, then you may run into the same problem that I am having.

You can, but you won't be able to upgrade/patch it till you re-register the game. At least that's what it seems like to me since that is what I'm going through.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
so can anyone say how to re-register the game on a fresh install with new hardware or on a new PC?
just register again as you did the first time, run REGISTER.EXE
I have done exactly that, but when I enter my key code it says it's been used and invalid. I know it's been used as I was the one that input it tying it to my account or so I thought. Apparently, it's not tied to my account as it's telling me it's invalid.The exact error I get is this, "You can't register the game again on this account. The key is already used by a different user." I know it's not a different user since it's the key that Atari had given me when I emailed them saying that I had an OEM disk and that I needed a key code. I still have that keycode saved in my files and it's the same one that I used before.Anything else I can do? I am still waiting on a response back from Atari or the guys at The Witcher and today will make 7 days.

lonegreywolf20 said:
lonegreywolf20 said:
lonegreywolf20 said:
so can anyone say how to re-register the game on a fresh install with new hardware or on a new PC?
I have done exactly that, but when I enter my key code it says it's been used and invalid.
i did not quote you so i wasn't talking with youregarding your problem: we can't really do aything as this is ATARINamco Bandais' thing :(

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I have done exactly that, but when I enter my key code it says it's been used and invalid.
i did not quote you so i wasn't talking with youregarding your problem: we can't really do aything as this is ATARINamco Bandais' thing :(
My mistake, I had thought maybe you were actually talking to both of us.As for Namco Bandais, how can I get into contact with them? I sent another email off to support@thewitcher.com again hoping to get some sort of an answer as to where I should go next. I mean sure, I can play the game as is, but I preferred the enhanced edition to be honest and of course now the director's cut as well. I haven't even finished the game yet... only just got out of the little village area right outside the beginning Witcher castle.

Evening all, and my thanks in advance for any help rendered.Had to use system restore to fix a problem, and went back past install date. Tried re-installing and received cyclic redundency check error on film lacznik.bik. Had a look at the disk, and there are a couple of scratches, so it looks like I am scuppered.For regisitered users, is there a way to download the full install using your key? Or.......well, guessing I am asking for direction here.CheersREDIT: Actually slap me silly and call me a squirrel, I just read the sticky. My apologies Vanwarden for not being more vigilant.

OK, I am getting the "You have to be logged in to use this feature, please enable cookies in Internext Explorer" problem when I try to register the game. I have been getting this problem for 3 hours.I cannot log in on the main page when running IEI CAN log in on the main page when running Firefox.I CAN log in on the forums in both browsers.I use Vista. I am running register.exe as administrator. I am using all lower case. I have stripped away my firewall. I have used the lowest security setting for cookies. I have deleted all cookies. I have registered a second account after doing all this. I have tried to register with both accounts. I have tried making IE my default browser. I have tried making Firefox my default browser. I have tried making Firefox my default browser using Apple Safari since I hear that's more thorough about making the default stick. And now I am trying a post in the hopes that after three years there is a better way of addressing this very common problem than having us pick thru a 95 page forum topic for dribs and drabs of hints and hearsay.All I want is to update the Witcher to the enhanced edition. Is there a better way to go about doing this?

ferdo said:
Hi people for those who are having the annoying error of "log in and enable cookies" :wall: thing I found a solution that worked for me. I recently formatted my PC and that may have caused some problems. Previously I had no issues with this.I have vista but for XP and older OS this proccess should be exactly the same.Anyway, what I did was delete all cookies from IE and then go the clock or where the time is on the bottom right hand side and click there. 1) Then click "change date and time settings"2) click on "change time zone"3) Make sure you click on your correct time zone. I chose mine easily as the name of my city was displayed but it may be different for you.4) Check that the "internet time synchonization" is correct and functioning.This will ensure that cookies are created and don't expire as soon as they are created. I hope this helps. Good luck :wave:
At last!! This did it!

I've re-installed "The Witcher" after a long time. Now I've tried to register it, but the button for that is not available - I think because I did this the first time, so the info was still in the registry.butthen I wanted to install the Enhanced-Edition Upgrade. Problem is: "No registred version of the game found". So the registration windows opens. Here is the real problem: I sign in, I type my key - just to get the message: "This key is used by another user and cannot be used again" (or something like that, I have to translate it from German).So, my Key does not work and I cannot register the game. But I used the same username and password as before and the code I use is the one FROM THE MAIL I've got after registering the first time! So no wrong typing, only copy-pasta.How can I get the Enhanced patch to work? Please help!

lonegreywolf20 said:
I'm not sure if this will apply to you or not, but I just reformatted my computer a couple weeks ago and am currently unable to re-register the game. Reason being is that the registration process won't take my key code anymore as it shows as being used, it was used by me, but seems to be only tied to your registry localized on your computer and not on their servers anywhere linked to your account. The only thing that seems to be stored is that the key was used.So I am currently waiting on Atari or the guys at The Witcher to get back to me on how to proceed or just with another key code.I would say if you are only replacing your video card and ram, then don't worry, but if you're replacing your HDD and using a fresh install for the OS, then you may run into the same problem that I am having.
Have you tried going into your profile here and deleting your account? Worked for me. I just created the same account through the game's launcher and entered my cd-key. Problem solved. =D

Kahryl said:
It would help to mention the cookies problem in particular on the front page...
the FAQ is a sticky, you find it in the first five threads here, if one ignores them and starts a new thread is their choice
Kahryl said:
I've re-installed "The Witcher" after a long time. Now I've tried to register it, but the button for that is not available - I think because I did this the first time, so the info was still in the registry.butthen I wanted to install the Enhanced-Edition Upgrade. Problem is: "No registred version of the game found". So the registration windows opens. Here is the real problem: I sign in, I type my key - just to get the message: "This key is used by another user and cannot be used again" (or something like that, I have to translate it from German).So, my Key does not work and I cannot register the game. But I used the same username and password as before and the code I use is the one FROM THE MAIL I've got after registering the first time! So no wrong typing, only copy-pasta.How can I get the Enhanced patch to work? Please help!
run REGISTER.EXE from the game folder directlysend a email to support@thewitcher.com too and explain the key issue

I have a legal copy of the game and everytime i try to install the patches i keep getting this error...You have to be logged in to use this feature.. Please enable cookies in internet explorer. As far as i know i have cookies enabled. I am trying to register the game in order to be able to patch it. I had an old registration account but tottaly forgot the log in info.. Does this have something to do with this error i am getting?

Okay i can log into the main site using this name and it works in firefox but then in internet explorer it won't even let me log into the site.. This is a really crappy way to patch a game :( Some help would be appreciated.also i have tried patching with downloaded patches but it says i have to register my game first.. I have already registered it on an old computer? This is a fresh install. I really don't want to have to buy the game again :(

Top Bottom