Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
adx said:
Okay i can log into the main site using this name and it works in firefox but then in internet explorer it won't even let me log into the site.. This is a really crappy way to patch a game :( Some help would be appreciated.also i have tried patching with downloaded patches but it says i have to register my game first.. I have already registered it on an old computer? This is a fresh install. I really don't want to have to buy the game again :(
register again on the new computerregister again until it does not ask you tojust run REGISTER.EXE

Calosin said:
Have you tried going into your profile here and deleting your account? Worked for me. I just created the same account through the game's launcher and entered my cd-key. Problem solved. =D
GREAT!!!! This worked for me, too!!!!THANKS THANKS THANK!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

FSM said:
FSM said:
Have you tried going into your profile here and deleting your account? Worked for me. I just created the same account through the game's launcher and entered my cd-key. Problem solved. =D
I cannot delete my account because there is a registered game associated with it. I had to reinstall my OS and now I can't play The Witcher. I get the cookies message. I have tried all the suggestions at the top of this sticky. How do I reregister my copy? This registration process cheats paying customers.

adx said:
Okay i can log into the main site using this name and it works in firefox but then in internet explorer it won't even let me log into the site.. This is a really crappy way to patch a game :( Some help would be appreciated.also i have tried patching with downloaded patches but it says i have to register my game first.. I have already registered it on an old computer? This is a fresh install. I really don't want to have to buy the game again :(
I had the exact same problem, try this:
Quote from: ferdo on August 17, 2009, 09:45:38 amHi people for those who are having the annoying error of "log in and enable cookies" thing I found a solution that worked for me. I recently formatted my PC and that may have caused some problems. Previously I had no issues with this.I have vista but for XP and older OS this proccess should be exactly the same.Anyway, what I did was delete all cookies from IE and then go the clock or where the time is on the bottom right hand side and click there. 1) Then click "change date and time settings"2) click on "change time zone"3) Make sure you click on your correct time zone. I chose mine easily as the name of my city was displayed but it may be different for you.4) Check that the "internet time synchonization" is correct and functioning.This will ensure that cookies are created and don't expire as soon as they are created. I hope this helps. Good luck

philosofool said:
philosofool said:
philosofool said:
I cannot delete my account because there is a registered game associated with it. I had to reinstall my OS and now I can't play The Witcher. I get the cookies message. I have tried all the suggestions at the top of this sticky. How do I reregister my copy? This registration process cheats paying customers.
Are you sure the game isn't registered somewhere, maybe on another computer? I'm not entirely sure how this works, but it seems that if the game isn't registered locally, your account can be deleted. After I re-registered on my new harddrive I get the same error you're getting now. I don't know, it's a shame you have to jump through so many hoops to get this game working properly. =(

Alright i have tried everything in this forum to get this game registered and it is still not taking my code. It keeps stating that i need to have cookies enabled. I have my old account back using the same key. This is a new computer with vista installed and am just trying to get this game up and running but so far no luck.. This is the worse thing for a game and it looks like fun too.

adx said:
Alright i have tried everything in this forum to get this game registered and it is still not taking my code. It keeps stating that i need to have cookies enabled. I have my old account back using the same key. This is a new computer with vista installed and am just trying to get this game up and running but so far no luck.. This is the worse thing for a game and it looks like fun too.
even the WINDOWS TIME thing ?

Just bought this game for the first time. I installed it and wanted to register it so I could install the director patch. I get the cookie enable error.I have Vista 64 bit, my time is correct, I have deleted all Cookies out of IE with the lowest security too, still no go! :dead:How would I go into safe mode in win Vista with networking? Why is Atari retarded enough to assume this was smart choice blocking Pirates LOL! ::)I have read probably 50 pages of this topic so far...I have read the faq that you keep on posting too. After all that you would think I would have gotten this working but hey nothing happening here.what a mess. Have to try again later.Thanks

Could someone post a link to where you need to contact Atari in the event that you did not recieve a registration code again? Atari has not e-mailed me back and I do not know where to contact them anymore.

Calosin said:
Calosin said:
I'm not sure if this will apply to you or not, but I just reformatted my computer a couple weeks ago and am currently unable to re-register the game. Reason being is that the registration process won't take my key code anymore as it shows as being used, it was used by me, but seems to be only tied to your registry localized on your computer and not on their servers anywhere linked to your account. The only thing that seems to be stored is that the key was used.So I am currently waiting on Atari or the guys at The Witcher to get back to me on how to proceed or just with another key code.I would say if you are only replacing your video card and ram, then don't worry, but if you're replacing your HDD and using a fresh install for the OS, then you may run into the same problem that I am having.
Tells me that I have a registered game and that I can not delete my account. I have yet to get an email back from anyone at Atari or support@thewitcher.com. This is starting to get really frustrating and is making me one unhappy customer.

I am at my parents house I am on my dads computer and I am trying to register The Witcher and it is telling me that this user does not exsist!! Great huh. Now what!Atari complete and utter morons for creating the kind of system.

Ha what do you know I tried to log in and get this to register again on my dads computer and it worked! now I have to figure out about this reg edit and the file need Cheers guys!

I tried to import the registry that I saved from my dads computer where registering the game worked and I get this error.Cannot import (registry) Error accessing the registry. This is the registry that I exported from my dad's computer.I still cannot play this game because it's not registered on my computer.Thanks

Hi me again Man I don't understand this at all!! I decided to install the 1.4 patch and the Directors patch I started up the game and everything works perfectly! So here i am playing your great game!

StrangeCat said:
Hi me again Man I don't understand this at all!! I decided to install the 1.4 patch and the Directors patch I started up the game and everything works perfectly! So here i am playing your great game!
Congratz

Q: Do I have to install the patch on the same computer I used to activate the game?A: Yes, you must install the patch on the same computer you used to activate the game because the verification process must be able to reference the necessary registry entries.
So, I installed the game on an old hard drive, registered and installed the Enhanced Edition and everything, but then I changed Hard Drives and wanted to reinstall it on this hard drive....however it tells me I need to registered but my registry was on the other computer..what do I do to fix this?EDIT: To Elaborate, I bought the game when it first came out, so before the Enhanced Edition. I have one CD Key inside the Manual. I have the Enhanced Edition download ready as well as it's Language Pack. It tells me to register the game so I run the registry.exe and I do everything then I get this:http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/158/problemep.jpgThe Registration is to this account, and I still have the email to prove it. So what do I do?As a sidenote: I run Windows XP 64 bit

FireFox170 said:
So, I installed the game on an old hard drive, registered and installed the Enhanced Edition and everything, but then I changed Hard Drives and wanted to reinstall it on this hard drive....however it tells me I need to registered but my registry was on the other computer..what do I do to fix this?
you could of just copied the game installationanyway send an email to support@thewitcher.com and explain your problem

Before you just send me to a some other thread - I already read em all - none helps. I installed the game - and when i clicked register it said "You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer. " I was logged into this site. on Mozilla Firefox. I enabled cookies. Then I made IE my default browser and logged in on that 2. The I upgraed to IE 8. still nuthin. I Turned off my Antivirus and made an exception for regster.exe in the Firewall. Can you guess? NUTHIN! Please reccomend what I must fix. Thank you for your time. :D

Top Bottom