Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
Having a hell of a time getting updates..So i registered this account in 2007 and it says i have no game registered to this account, i have the email from 2007 still that confirms i registered my game with this account.When i try to install the updates i get the damn "must have cookies enabled" cookies are enabled, timezones are confirmed, tried on 2 different pcs, 3 different operating systems. Is there anyway to bypass this registration to get the updates? Is there a form i can fill out for to talk to a customer support person?I appreciate any help, thanks.

sh0time said:
Having a hell of a time getting updates..So i registered this account in 2007 and it says i have no game registered to this account, i have the email from 2007 still that confirms i registered my game with this account.When i try to install the updates i get the damn "must have cookies enabled" cookies are enabled, timezones are confirmed, tried on 2 different pcs, 3 different operating systems. Is there anyway to bypass this registration to get the updates? Is there a form i can fill out for to talk to a customer support person?I appreciate any help, thanks.
email at support@thewitcher.com

I guess I threw the owners manual away...Freak accident! I would like to download the updates..but have no key to do so with..What should i do?

shalloman said:
I guess I threw the owners manual away...Freak accident! I would like to download the updates..but have no key to do so with..What should i do?
try at ATARI: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=4549.0

When I try to register, it tells me the key has already been used.It was already used by me! I have the confirmation email from Nov 30, 2008.Is this a Windows 7 / IE 8 issue ?

You dont need to register it again, dont bother about it :) Anyway, the registration code is for your account on the site here, to give you access to the downloadable content. It wont change nothing for the game.

dig314 said:
That is the problem... the Enhanced Edition patch will not install until the game is registered. :(
Where did you got the game ? Is it a digital download or you have the box/DvD ? Also, go to this page and verify that you are logged in on the right side.Edit: Also, this is what you can find in the EE FAQ, first topic of this board:
Q: The REGISTER.EXE keeps failing to register or Patch says i need to register my gameA1: It's not a problem if it says you need to register your game ( again ).A2: Since the registration process uses Internet Explorer to acces the Internet ( no matter what your default web browser you have ) you'll need to have cookies enabled in it, it helps to clear the cookies before attempting to register. Also, since the cookies need to authenticate with a server, it's recommended to have an exact timezone selected and an updated time for your system, or else the cookies can expire as soon as they're created, intrerupting the communication process.A3: If on Vista run the Patch and/or REGISTER.EXE as AdministratorA4: If you encounter an HTTP error "12057" you'll need to uncheck the following option in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security options -> "Check for server certificate revocation"A5: You basically need to STOP any firewall/antivirus that can interfere with the online key checking, have all updates for Windows and IEA6: Try to write the key/password with small case letters, even by changing your password with one that has small case letters A7: Try to run REGISTER.EXE in "Safe Mode with Networking"A8: Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework (at least 2.0) installed and fully patched.A9: Even also try to register at a friend, you only need some files from the Witcher folder, put them on a USB flash stick or something, you do not need Data & System folders, you do not need to install the game on your friend's computer. Just run REGISTER.EXE there, if it works ( and it did to a lot of people that could not register from their houses ) then export the registry keys on the registered computer: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CD Projekt RED and import them in your game system. After this retry to patch.

Mobidoy said:
Mobidoy said:
That is the problem... the Enhanced Edition patch will not install until the game is registered. :(
Where did you got the game ? Is it a digital download or you have the box/DvD ? Also, go to this page and verify that you are logged in on the right side.Edit: Also, this is what you can find in the EE FAQ, first topic of this board:
Q: The REGISTER.EXE keeps failing to register or Patch says i need to register my gameA1: It's not a problem if it says you need to register your game ( again ).A2: Since the registration process uses Internet Explorer to acces the Internet ( no matter what your default web browser you have ) you'll need to have cookies enabled in it, it helps to clear the cookies before attempting to register. Also, since the cookies need to authenticate with a server, it's recommended to have an exact timezone selected and an updated time for your system, or else the cookies can expire as soon as they're created, intrerupting the communication process.A3: If on Vista run the Patch and/or REGISTER.EXE as AdministratorA4: If you encounter an HTTP error "12057" you'll need to uncheck the following option in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security options -> "Check for server certificate revocation"A5: You basically need to STOP any firewall/antivirus that can interfere with the online key checking, have all updates for Windows and IEA6: Try to write the key/password with small case letters, even by changing your password with one that has small case letters A7: Try to run REGISTER.EXE in "Safe Mode with Networking"A8: Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework (at least 2.0) installed and fully patched.A9: Even also try to register at a friend, you only need some files from the Witcher folder, put them on a USB flash stick or something, you do not need Data & System folders, you do not need to install the game on your friend's computer. Just run REGISTER.EXE there, if it works ( and it did to a lot of people that could not register from their houses ) then export the registry keys on the registered computer: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CD Projekt RED and import them in your game system. After this retry to patch.
Edit 2: Look beside my Avatar here, you see a little gamebox, when you put your mouse over it it will say game owner. This mean that I have registered the game on the main page, you did not as you can see. Now depending if you have a digital download or a physical copy will help clarify why you are having issues.

Thank you for the reply.I have the US retail boxed version.It will take me a while to try these other settings you suggested.EDIT - I still have my old PC running XP vs new PC running Windows 7. I will try installing it and copying the registry piece over.Different problem, but it might be related...The first time when I run the game, even when I RUN as Administrator, it tells me I have insufficient privileges.Do I need a special Windows 7 version of tagesclient.exe ? I have changed tagesclient.exe to run as Adminstrator also. Dig

dig314 said:
Thank you for the reply.I have the US retail boxed version.It will take me a while to try these other settings you suggested.Different problem, but it might be related...The first time when I run the game, even when I RUN as Administrator, it tells me I have insufficient privileges.Do I need a special Windows 7 version of tagesclient.exe ? I have changed tagesclient.exe to run as Adminstrator also. Dig
Did you ever registered with a different name on the forum ? If not, as I said, log on the main page of the website not the forum, leave it opened and start the launcher and try to register. As for tages, download the latest drivers that you can find Here

Thank you again MOBIDOY. Installing the updated TAGES lets me run the game under Windows 7.Registering:On my old XP pc, I installed Witcher, Logged on to TheWitcher.com with Internet Explorer, then tried to register the game. It still says the key has already been used. I still have the registration email from 2008 that shows my UserName - so I know I have that correct. With the registration email, and a photo of the box, dvd, manual with KEY, can I prove that I am the owner?Dig

Send me a reminder to the email adress in my signature and Monday morning, when CDPR will be back at work, I will look with them what can be done :)

Hi, I got the same problem. I bought the game about a year ago, I registered it and download the Enchanted Edition, everything was fine, but when I wanted to reinstall the game now in my new computer, I log into my profile and I see that I have no registered game, so I cant install the EE, I also tried to register but it says that the CDkey is already used by another profile :S so waht should I do?, I dont have that mail... but I can send you the CDkey and maybe you can check

Lapagax said:
Hi, I got the same problem. I bought the game about a year ago, I registered it and download the Enchanted Edition, everything was fine, but when I wanted to reinstall the game now in my new computer, I log into my profile and I see that I have no registered game, so I cant install the EE, I also tried to register but it says that the CDkey is already used by another profile :S so waht should I do?, I dont have that mail... but I can send you the CDkey and maybe you can check
send a mail to support@thewitcher.com and explain your problem

Did anyone ever solve the "cookies enabled" issue? I own two copies of The Witcher. I purchased the US version and played that. Then I bought the European unrestricted version and played that. I even downloaded 1.4, registered the game and played that. I now have a new laptop, installed The Witcher, downloaded everything up to 1.5 and cannot register due to the "must have cookies enable" issue. and yes I have everything enabled and security zones at zero and no luck. I have also been logged into the main page with both Firefox and IE separately and both at the same time and no luck. I have every icon in the install folder allowed through the firewall, even turned the firewall off and no luck? Any solution yet?

IfayranaElerionn said:
Check the time synchronisation, maybe the prob is there :hmmm:
Wow. Thanks. I switched my Time Sync away from the Windows Time server to time-a.nist.gov and viola, instant registration. Again, Thanks.

Please can someone help me ? i cant register the game. i have the original one and i did everything that they say in faq. and when i want to send the registration code the launcher says "you must be looged to use that function. try to enable cookies in Internet explorer". they are enabeld but i still cant send it. i turned off the firewall and nothing. nothing helps . still the same thing. sorry maybe there was a post like that in this forum but i cant check 104 pages and try to found the answer. i will be glad if someone will help me . ty everyone - mcmoher

Top Bottom