Game safe to play yet? (PS4)

+
I haven't been keeping up with the game since it released. Have they managed to fix the game breakers so that I won't have to worry about losing all/most of my progress?

I realize that the game will never be reasonably playable on previous gen, but I'm curious if I should try giving this another shot so long as I won't lose a save of 20-30 hours.

I don't really know for the performance on PS4 (wait for PS4 users advices), but most of the bugs/problems that could block progress have been fixed (it seems to me).
Especially if you are starting on a new save in 1.22 :)

I purchased on the PSN store for the PS4, finished the main mission and much more with no game breakers.

It's still a mess on PC, but it seems like consoles have been a priority so i would give it a try.

I haven't been keeping up with the game since it released. Have they managed to fix the game breakers so that I won't have to worry about losing all/most of my progress?

I realize that the game will never be reasonably playable on previous gen, but I'm curious if I should try giving this another shot so long as I won't lose a save of 20-30 hours.

Yes sure do it, especially if you already own it. I've been playing my disc copy since Xmas on base PS4 and sure it's glitchy insofar as textures popping and various other things you'd absolutely expect with a game like this on an old bit of hardware (for comparison I'm playing Skyrim for the first time on a PS3 and it performs pretty much identically to CP on PS4) but your save files should be fine, certainly not had a single issue with mine. The game was at version 1.06 when I first started playing and would crash semi-regularly, which was its main downfall to my mind at that point, most everything else (again with the 'on base PS4' 'disclaimer') was superb really, game-wise, look-wise etc. Since 1.2 patch I haven't had a single crash besides a couple of updating issues with hotfix 1.22 but I sorted that and it's been fine since, ie no blue-screen crashing whatsoever. Blimey what a long-winded way of saying 'crack on mate, and enjoy' :)

Been playing since release day on a Slim (albeit with an SSD); never encountered an issue with losing progress, as of recent patches crashes have been drastically reduced. During my last playthrough (100+ hours) I only experienced two.

Also, with the games frequent autosave, I have to call Bull S×÷t on you claiming to have lost 20-30 hours of gameplay.

Yup, playing on a base ps4 and apart from some render distance and screen space reflection issues it's been fine. I started playing again at the end of March 55hrs in now with no crashes, had to clear the cache after a 6 hour session because textures were loading really slowly.

@slexjat I lost my first save (in December) due to the autosaves and bugged quest where my only manual save v was 15 levels earlier!

Also, with the games frequent autosave, I have to call Bull S×÷t on you claiming to have lost 20-30 hours of gameplay.
1. Auto saves don't prevent that save from becoming corrupted.
2. Who lost a 20-30 hour save in this thread?
3. There were reports and threads on this site which detailed people loosing significant amounts of progress to game breaking bugs and even several corrupted save files. Hence, why I am asking about it.

Thank you to everyone who gave advice and assurance when it comes to the state of the game. I might pick it up again later down the line when it is on sale unless there is news of more game breakers. I really appreciate the input! :D

NO.

Mine caught fire then exploded. Scared the shit out of my goat. He won't talk to me anymore.

EDIT: Snoogans

Last edited:

This video from Digital Foundry explains very well what's going on with Cyberpunk 1.2 on consoles.
There is more popping up textures and objects and that delay in loading assets and textures makes the game framerate go a bit higher.

This can happen because you think a mission finished properly and later you realize it didn't.
And it doesn't matter if you just want to finish the game, but if you want the achievements it's better to loose 20 hours then have to restart from the beginning.

I played from release and in total I lost something like 30 hours to bugs and miss able missions. First time I had to restart from beginning after 15 hours and much later I lost 10 hours to a bugged mission because I scanned stuff before mission objectives told me to do it and thought it will work if I come back later and it didn't.

If you do not care about trophies there is no problems.
Post automatically merged:

NO.

Mine caught fire then exploded. Scared the shit out of my goat. He won't talk to me anymore.

EDIT: Snoogans
You need to give the goat a tin can to chew on and a big hug, also promise to be careful with CP going forward :)

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing the game since launch on PS4 and here's what I have to say. I never experienced major bugs that caused me from completing the game. I'm used to frame drops and low FPS as well so any of those didn't bug me (I used to play Fallout 4 and 15fps).

Top Bottom