Game stopped creating new saves suddenly

+
Game stopped creating new saves suddenly

I was in the middle of Chapter 2 when I noticed that the game doesn't create any new saves. The "Game Saved" text pops up on the screen but I can't find any new saves on neither the load menu nor the save directory.
I'm using the Steam version, but I've disabled the cloud. I've tried deleting both most and all saves, loading different saves to try saving, dleted the game and reinstalled in a different directory, started a new game having 0 saves in the save directory but the game just refuses to create any new save files.
I'm using Windows 7, if that's of any significance.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I managed to delete everything from the cloud which seems to have allowed to create new saves by starting a new game.

The problem now is that the game can't see my old saves when I put them in the save directory, rendering them useless.

The new save numbers don't match up with my older saves, them having higher save numbers, perhaps the problem is somewhere there?

I have the same problem! Did the same steps. Also: De- and reactivating cloud saves, moving to different temporary location, then copying them back after starting a new game with a new (successfully) created autosave in the prologue, and renaming one of the unregistered saves to "AutoSave_0000.sav".

Any help? Or is there any way to import these saves to continue?
If not: How to avoid this behavior?

Platform: Win7 64bit, playing TW2EE on GoG Galaxy.

Disabling cloud saves was a good idea...not sure how TW2 will deal with that. Might not like it one ickle bit. I'd leave that disabled forever more.

In Windows, find the folder that the game uses for local saves under Documents. Then, add permissions for "Everyone".

If that still doesn't resolve it, ensure that the game itself is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). These are protected directories and can cause issues between games and Windows security. If this is the case, you can move the entire Steam / GOG installation directory to the root of that drive or into a folder of your own creation in the root. (For Steam, follow these steps.)

Let us know how that goes!

Top Bottom