Game stutters and occasionally freezes [updated]

+
Update:
I did some tweaking and the game is almost playable now, but it's still constantly stuttering just a tiny bit which is very annoying, especially because the sound stutters too which makes dialogs sound really weird. The freezeups are still there and unfortunately they happen most often during combat, but also during cutscenes and randomly whenever the game feels like it.

Original post:
I just bought the GOTY of TW3 on GOG and I'm experiencing massive issues when starting the game. The opening cutscene plays almost fine with a bit of stuttering, but the in-game cutscene and the actual game are not playable. The screen will just freeze up for anything between 2 and 20 seconds while the audio keeps running in the background. After that it will run at 60 FPS for a couple of seconds before the screen freezes again. There is no lag in the menus, it's just in-game.

I have a RTX 2060 Super, a i7-9700KF and 16 GB of RAM. Other games are fine, I just loaded up Doom 2016 and it's constantly running with >130 FPS no matter whats going on on the screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom