Game unplayable in any other resulution then windows native.

+
I am running a 3 monitor setup with NVIDIA surround enabled, so Windows recognizes this as one monitor with a 5760x1080 resolution.

When i select fullscreen 1920x1080, this resolution is stretched across all 3 monitors in 5760x1080.
In most other games, 1920x1080 is centered and the of windows resolution goes black or the monitors go blank.

When i select borderless windowed/windowed 1920x1080 i experience major stuttering/input lag, not only in game but also in menu.
Also with all settings on the lowest possible, controller on raw and other "fixes".
Windowed the game is just unplayable in any other resolution than Windows.

If i select native windows resolution 5760x1080 the game runs fine, but my GPU is not powerfulll enough so i want to play in 1920x1080 instead. So for now thee only sollution for me is to disable 2 monitors/nvidia surround. With windows and game resolution matching, the issue dissapears and i can run fullscreen/windowed whatever i want, as long as both match.

I did a playtrough on release with only 1 monitor connected because there was no other option. I really like the game but i reinstalled the game yesterday and i am very dissapointed nothing has changed since. :(

Last edited:
I used too play with the same resolution back in the day and hade the same issue in alot of games(this was waaaay back so im guessing it has more support now). Think this is more a problem with support for NVsurround and kinda doubt it will be fixed sadly. Is it enough too just disable the surround spanning option? Or do you have to disable the other monitors too? I have a vague memory that there used too be a fix program for those ultra wide problems but cant remember what the name was or if its even availeble anymore...

Yeah i got like 800 games and only a handfull (sadly enough Cyberpunk is one of them) cause problems with nvidia surround enabled, most of them because they force the game to be run in Windows native resolution.

This is different however, cause i never had any problems running these games windowed instead.

Yes i can disable NV surround only to play the game but... i was hoping this would get fixed eventuallly.
You probally know its a pain to enable it again cause the settings are not saved.
The is no way to disable/enable again without having to setup again (thanks nvidia).

I don't care the selected fullscreen resolution is stretched using nvidia surround, and understand this is probally caused by nvidia surround.
But im dissapointed running the game windowed can't be used as a sollution, there is not a single game in my library that has this stuttering/input lag issue or whatever it is.

Totaly get it, was one of the reasons i moved too 4k instead. I liked it when it worked with nvsurround but it was too much trouble for me. sounds like it has gotten better support now atleast. Hopefully they can do something on there end and get it fixed but since its a rare resolution i kinda doubt it. Have you done a bug report about it? https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/

Yeah i am hoping to switch from 3 monitor setup to a ultrawide soon...
Same immersion, one monitor, no problems.
I assume the problem running the game windowed in any other resolution then windows native does not exist when you are NOT using nvidia surround and just a single monitor?
Can you run the game windowed in a lower resolution then windows native without the stuttering/input lag problems? Because if this is with nvidia surround only, its not even worth bothering CDPR with it.

Input lag is kinda odd in this game since it runs so poorly even on good hardware unless you lower settings. I max out everything so my input lag is quite high. tested without rtx on and doubled my fps so... its hard too tell. I can give it a quick try tho. Soooo weird render latency according too nvidia overlay. 4k maxed everything and dlss on balanced: 45-50 fps @ 60 render latency at the spot i was at. turn off just rtx. 80-85fps and 30 latency. Nvidia kinda mesures cpu latency in that too tho. since when i check with afterburner i get the standard for my fps. Sadly the overlay dont stick on the screenshots so cant show it. 1080p was pretty much the same story. but i can play at whatever res i want no problem.

*Edit cant play with a windowed fullscreen maximised window tho. it works fine but small window not maximised. guess its tied too window resolution or has too do with dlss

Last edited:
Well its not really input lag i believe... its just stuttering. When i move my mouse in the menu or ingame... it just hangs a sec... then it moves smoothly for a few sec, then hangs again.

I can lower all settings to the bottom of what is possible, but only changing the resolution to match windows native fixes the problem.

yea this game is kinda murder on hardware. if it happends in menus theres something else going on. ran smooth for me no stutters. It disapears if you disable the other monitors? haveing several monitors connected has allways given me some trouble even if i dont activly use them. not gamebreaking problems but feels less smooth i guess.

Top Bottom