Game will not stay fullscreen

+
Hi,

Running on a 1060 6gb on a 4k television, I always set games to fullscreen but a lower resolution with the same aspect ratio if I have fps issues. I am getting around 30 in witcher 3, so I went from the display's native 3840x2160 down to 2880x1620, fullscreen. But it always kicks me out to the desktop when I do this. Clicking back into the window just does it again. Tried alt+enter but it does nothing.

I also tried setting nvidia control panel to override the scaling, turned off vsync etc. Drivers all up to date and tried wiping them. Would really like to get this thing running a little lower so I can get better frames. Any ideas? I've been searching for the past week and seen a lot of discussion but nothing that ends up working.

I solved the problem by going to the file:
C> Program> The Witcher 3> bin> config> base> "general.ini"
Opening this file you will have the string: "[General] ConfigVersion = "number" (my number is 2) replace that number with "1" save the file and start the game.
It will be like reopening the game for the first time, however you will have all your saved games , so you can safely load the game since the last save.
You will only have to reset all the graphic settings according to your needs.
DON'T TOUCH THE FULLSCREEN SETTING EVER AGAIN (lol)
My game work well. Currently, I haven't found any other way to solve this fullscreen problem.

Top Bottom