Game won't launch

+
GWENT: Ask a Dev

Greetings, Gwent enthusiasts!
We are very pleased to announce an exciting new thread: If you have any questions about Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, this is the place to ask them! The CD Projekt RED game developers will select and answer players' questions posted here.
Please, bear in mind, however, that the REDs may not be able to answer every question. Also, although the developers may often seem superhuman, they occasionally need to sleep, and get back to creating great games; therefore, they can't answer questions 24/7.

If you wish to discuss any of the questions and answers, you may do so here: Gwent: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

On behalf of the Forums' team, thank you, have fun, and happy questioning!

Great game!!! not usually the sort of thing I would play but it is growing on me more and more as I play it, I have even got my Gf playing too!

I took an interest into a non digital card game called MTG (Magic The Gathering) and wanted something to practice with that would maybe teach me the fundamentals of magic cards turn based games. Gwent did this fantastically even though it is different to what I was after originally it really is a cool game. I have a problem though...

When i downloaded it I was unable to make an account, something to do with my old Xbox account clashing with the same email, so, I just log in with facebook and it works - I can play Gwent perfectly (it is just annoying that my full name appears in-game but not to worry - it works)

Now, when you log in to the GOG launcher there is an offer that gives you 1 free Keg, and access to download and play the original Witcher game, but a remastered version or something. The Keg worked fine. So to get the game, you go through the process and are given a link to the store where you see that the game is there for £9.99 is now £0 and you can go to checkout to buy it for free - awesome!.

After doing this you get an email that allows you to download the game - then it shows up in the GOG launcher with Gwent

This game is not working, at all. I can't get past the launcher, it just won't start and there is no way to access the other featues from the game launcher because this utf8 error keeps popping up. If you try to use the launcher link to go to the Witchers site you get Error 404 site not found. I know it is a fairly old game, but the offer shouldn't be there if it isn't available anymore.

I have spent hours following guides and solutions that just dont make a difference and am really annoyed at wasting most of my Sunday with this non-existent game

So what exactly happens when you try to launch the game? Nothing at all, or does it start and then immediately crash?
And what is the UTF8 error you mention? From what I know it's a character system.

Top Bottom