Game won't start after patch 1.3!!!

+
Game won't start after patch 1.3!!!

Hi,

First of all, thanks and congratulations for the new forum!!! Unfortunately my first post here is about an unpleasent topic - my Witcher2 simply won't start after I installed the latest patch...The wolf logo just stays there, the system begins lagging like hell, and after a while the launcher returns again...I tried running the .exe file directly, bypassing the launcher, but nothing happens... :(
I'm running the game (retail copy) on a Vista 64bit system, and so far I hadn't encountered any kind of problems, so it must something the patch did...I'd really appreciate it if someone has a solution for my problem... :confused:

swkotorfan...

Did you install the proper version of the patch?

There are FOUR distinct versions of the patch.

Each of which depend on the current version of your game that you are about to update from.

Please see this link: http://en.thewitcher.com/patch1-3/

I am not sure what the effects of installing the wrong patch are but you might want to save your saved game files / uninstall the game / re install the game and then apply the proper patch.

I patched from 1.2 to 1.3 using the proper patch and it worked like a charm. Game looks and plays better than before.

Hope this helps.

Best.

rightclick on Witcher2.exe -> Run as Admin?

I'm pretty sure that only the good patch installs ok, the rest will fail with "game not installed or incomplete"

I installed the 1.2 to 1.3 patch, and it said it patched the game successfully...I tried running the .exe as an admin, and still nothing happens, except uncontrollable lag for a about 5 minutes...Actually once an error popped out, saying something about security failing to acknowledge logon (!!?), but that happened only once...
The only thing I haven't tried yet is reinstalling, and since I'm planning on migrating to Win7 soon, I don't want to go through it twice, so maybe I'll wait...However, I've read about several other people with the same problem, and reinstalling didn't do the trick for them... :-\
What is going on with my game...

I have a same problem with my steam version, before patch is integrity of memory ok, but after patch (automatically installed by steam) are 53 files damaged and steam download it again (9GB). But that doesn't work.

Top Bottom