Game won't start, update or register

+
Game won't start, update or register

Greetings everyone. I own the original The Witcher (not EE) game, and because of Wild Hunt I wanted to replay it. I installed it, but whenever I've tried to run the game it says "please insert original DVD". When I try to register, I get an error saying "check your network connection". When I try to update I'm redirected to a dead link on the Witcher website.

Running Win8, compatibility mode for WinXP tested, disabled antivirus, ran as administrator, nothing ever worked for a couple of days now and I'm growing frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you MaxStrauss! I did that just now and downloading. However, I would also like a solution for the disc version since I'm not the digital kind of guy -- call me old fashioned :p

Guest 2081505

However, I would also like a solution for the disc version since I'm not the digital kind of guy -- call me old fashioned :p

Yes, yes, hard work. Too hard for me, to be honest. I myself would think about a solution like that:

and put it on my desk while playing.

But you may read the instructions here as well. The links to the download locations are dead, try here. (-> Updates)

Attachments

• DDVD-R-SINGLE.jpg
    DDVD-R-SINGLE.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom