Game won't stay in full-screen

+
Game won't stay in full-screen

I have the GOG version of the game and run it from the GOG client. Every time I launch the game and look at my graphical settings it is set to border less window. Now I will change this in game and play, then quit. When I open the game up again it will go back to border less windowed mode again, all my other graphical settings will be saved. I am wondering if there is a way to save this setting so I do not have to repeatedly go and switch it to full screen.

P.S. I am running the game at 2560x1440 with EVGA GTX 970 SLI and I get about half as many frames in border less windowed mode versus full-screen where I get an easy 60.

The reason why your frames are so low in borderless windowed is because SLI will only work when its running in full screen.

1.05 broke this for some of us, myself included.

The only way to force fullscreen is to open the game in borderless windowed, and then hit alt+enter. That should force it to fullscreen. opening the game in fullscreen won't do it.

We will need to wait for a hotfix or next patch. I'm personally hoping for a hotfix because this patch messed up the game enough for me that I'd rather not play for now.. I get less frames, way more pop-in of npc, and overall just sluggish performance.

acrzn

Forum regular
This has happened to me since launch. I always set to fullscreen, it always get back at borderless, got used to it by now.

Bump.

This just started happening to me. Now it's stuck in borderless window mode and won't revert back to fullscreen.

It does cost me fps as well. :mad:(((((((((((( Every one counts on my laptop. lol

This always happens since day 1 for me. I have the Steam version. Always set to full screen but goes back to borderless whenever I come to play again.

I have the GOG version of the game and run it from the GOG client. Every time I launch the game and look at my graphical settings it is set to border less window. Now I will change this in game and play, then quit. When I open the game up again it will go back to border less windowed mode again, all my other graphical settings will be saved. I am wondering if there is a way to save this setting so I do not have to repeatedly go and switch it to full screen.

P.S. I am running the game at 2560x1440 with EVGA GTX 970 SLI and I get about half as many frames in border less windowed mode versus full-screen where I get an easy 60.

my documents/Witcher3/ user ini-search for string- Fullscreenmode
-open with notepad - change to number 2 -than save.
user ini must be read only

EXAMPLE
[Gameplay/EntityPool]
SpawnedLimit=250
[Hidden]
HasSetup=true
uiVerticalFrameScale=0.9975
uiHorizontalFrameScale=1
[Localization]
SpeechLanguage=EN
TextLanguage=EN
[Viewport]
VSync=false
Resolution="2560x1440"
FullScreenMode=2 --------------------------------------------if you are on borderless every time, than your number is 1- put it to 2 and save.

my documents/Witcher3/ user ini-search for string- Fullscreenmode
-open with notepad - change to number 2 -than save.
user ini must be read only

EXAMPLE
[Gameplay/EntityPool]
SpawnedLimit=250
[Hidden]
HasSetup=true
uiVerticalFrameScale=0.9975
uiHorizontalFrameScale=1
[Localization]
SpeechLanguage=EN
TextLanguage=EN
[Viewport]
VSync=false
Resolution="2560x1440"
FullScreenMode=2 --------------------------------------------if you are on borderless every time, than your number is 1- put it to 2 and save.

Thanks.

I'm going to try this tonight.

Top Bottom