Gamebreaking Missing Dialog Bug: Version 1.5 on Xbox Series X [Cross-platform]

+
Downloaded version 1.5 yesterday on my Xbox Series X and started a new game (Corpo, male, hard difficulty). Started with the scene in the bathroom where V pukes on the counter. Jackie is talking, eventually asks a question, and is waiting for a response. It's then that I notice: there are no subtitiles (They are turned on) and no dialog options shown on the screen. Eventually, I just hit "X" and V replies - I'm assuming with the first option on the dialog tree. I then turn and walk toward the door and notice there is no interaction prompt to open the door either. I hit "X" and the door opens anyway. The rest of the HUD seems fine.

Interestingly, I loaded an old save and everything looked and worked normally.

I've tried re-installing (3 times), clearing my cache, and clearing my persistent storage. Nothing worked. I have a disc version of the game and talked to a friend who has a digital version (Also on Series X). He has the exact same problem - old saves are fine, new saves have no subtitles, dialog trees, and interaction prompts on the screen.

Needless to say, this is a gamebreaking bug. I'm hoping CDPR is aware of it or someone has found a workaround.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I have the same problem on PC with my corpo female... and it seems to only happen with new game, I loaded an older save and my phone calls and world interaction prompts still showed up.

here is what we are talking about for people that's wondering

Yep, never see that on previous version.
(and I currently started as Street Kid).
The best should be to report it to the support if it's not already done ;)
Xbox :
PC :

I am also having this issue. I cannot enjoy a fresh new game, as all dialogue/subtitles/interaction text is completely missing. Reinstalling the game does not fix this. Clearing the cache also does not fix this issue. This is game breaking. I'm on Xbox Series X. I originally purchased this game upon release in 2020. Old saves do not have this issue, only new games. Please help. thx.

Last edited:
Same problem on PC. Just started a fresh new game and all dialog options are completely missing. On my old savegames, everything is fine. This is gamebreaking and we really need a hotfix here asap.

Just started a fresh new game on pc and there are no dialog options displayed when i'm supposed to interact with something or talk to people. It seems that this is a pure display-issue because when i press "X" on my controller, then the game continues. Strange thing is, on my old savegames everything is fine and all dialog-options appears as they should. So this issue only appears when i start a new game.

Needless to say that this is a gamebreaking bug and should be fixed asap.

Just started a fresh new game on pc and there are no dialog options displayed when i'm supposed to interact with something or talk to people. It seems that this is a pure display-issue because when i press "X" on my controller, then the game continues. Strange thing is, on my old savegames everything is fine and all dialog-options appears as they should. So this issue only appears when i start a new game.

Ok weird :(
(Annoying, but it's good to know that it can happen on all the platforms. At least PC and Xbox).
If it's not already done, you can report it to the support ("Contact Us" button)
(Visual issues seem to be the "good" category)

Is this really actually a gamebreaking bug? or is this the biggest fix?

Is this really actually a gamebreaking bug? or is this the biggest fix?

This bug appears with the newest version of the game. So yes, when you don't see the available dialog-options i would consider this as a gamebreaking bug :)
Post automatically merged:

Ok weird :(
(Annoying, but it's good to know that it can happen on all the platforms. At least PC and Xbox).
If it's not already done, you can report it to the support ("Contact Us" button)
(Visual issues seem to be the "good" category)

I just submitted a bug-report. Good thing is, even after restarting the game or reloading a savepoint, the issue persists. Therefore i attached my savefile, so reproducing the issue should be really simple.

Last edited:
I just submitted a bug-report. Good thing is, even after restarting the game or reloading a savepoint, the issue persists. Therefore i attached my savefile, so reproducing the issue should be really simple.
It could depend if it's in the save files themself or in game files :(
(or it could also be problem with specific languages...)
But it's better to provide a save file for sure ;)

Had this too. Thought it was mod related. Reloading the last game save fixed it for me.

Had this too. Thought it was mod related. Reloading the last game save fixed it for me.

Problem in my case is that this is a fresh new game. Therefore there is no savegame to which i could go back. And when i save the game and reload the save, the issue persists.

Problem in my case is that this is a fresh new game. Therefore there is no savegame to which i could go back. And when i save the game and reload the save, the issue persists.
Try deleting the Cyberpunk game folder and cleanly reinstalling it again. See if that solves it. If there are no mods involved, give Support a holler. You can find your game folder here,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077

and the link to Support down below.

Top Bottom