Gamebreaking Missing Dialog Bug: Version 1.5 on Xbox Series X [Cross-platform]

+
Would really appreciate dev acknowledgment of this issue, as well as a timeframe for its rectification. thx.
I posted a link previously to contact directly the support ;)
(it the best way to keep CDPR aware about a bug and receive an official answer).
You'll very unlikely receive an answer from Devs/CDPR/Support in the forum :(
forum.png

This bug appears with the newest version of the game. So yes, when you don't see the available dialog-options i would consider this as a gamebreaking bug :)
Post automatically merged:

Does this not streamline the story? Engaging the audience with a focused approach to dialogue improves the overall experience, especially considering the limitations the varying dialogue options currently have on the storyline, or the conversation for that matter.

Currently, the options create an illusion of choice that only leaves more to be desired in an otherwise solid story experience.

can we at least get some acknowledgment that the team is aware of this issue and is at least working on a fix?
Directly on the forum, very unlikely.
If you sent a report to the support, you will receive an official answer for sure (it could take more or less time in function of the issue and number of reports that they have to deal with)

Same here, fresh install, never used mods or played pre 1.5. Only realised after a few days of playing thinking that dialogue felt weird!
Also there seem to be loot previews on watching gameplay videos, I'm not getting those either.
and to think I waited until now to play it so that the bugs would be fixed....

This glitch is a huge problem on all platforms. it makes the game unplayable. This issue deserves acknowledgement by the the dev team.

Does this not streamline the story? Engaging the audience with a focused approach to dialogue improves the overall experience, especially considering the limitations the varying dialogue options currently have on the storyline, or the conversation for that matter.

Currently, the options create an illusion of choice that only leaves more to be desired in an otherwise solid story experience.
lol, you should be a politician.

another one. can we please get some acknowledgement regarding the status of fixing this game-breaking issue. thank you :)

Solved!
I had same issue, as known with no option shown for dialogue. As I have two PC's one is the desktop (with this no dialogue issue) and lap top (no issues) I have just copied all files and folders from Cyberpunk 2077 install folder except the folder 'achive' the heaviest one. Also you should have to copy saved games too, from folder %users%user name%saved games%cd projekt red%cyberpunk 2077%
After this I was able to play normally.
now... If I didn't have laptop from which I took all the files I couldn't do to manage and resolve.
What I am thinking is that saved games actually can help.
For example, first backup all saved game progress to separate folder or usb, and after that delete those saves from original place, all of them (leave the folder empty).
Tray to run new game and see what will happen....

Downloaded version 1.5 yesterday on my Xbox Series X and started a new game (Corpo, male, hard difficulty). Started with the scene in the bathroom where V pukes on the counter. Jackie is talking, eventually asks a question, and is waiting for a response. It's then that I notice: there are no subtitiles (They are turned on) and no dialog options shown on the screen. Eventually, I just hit "X" and V replies - I'm assuming with the first option on the dialog tree. I then turn and walk toward the door and notice there is no interaction prompt to open the door either. I hit "X" and the door opens anyway. The rest of the HUD seems fine.

Interestingly, I loaded an old save and everything looked and worked normally.

I've tried re-installing (3 times), clearing my cache, and clearing my persistent storage. Nothing worked. I have a disc version of the game and talked to a friend who has a digital version (Also on Series X). He has the exact same problem - old saves are fine, new saves have no subtitles, dialog trees, and interaction prompts on the screen.

Needless to say, this is a gamebreaking bug. I'm hoping CDPR is aware of it or someone has found a workaround.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
I think have resolve it
I had same issue, as known with no option shown for dialogue. As I have two PC's one is the desktop (with this no dialogue issue) and lap top (no issues) I have just copied all files and folders from Cyberpunk 2077 install folder except the folder 'achive' the heaviest one. Also you should have to copy saved games too, from folder %users%user name%saved games%cd projekt red%cyberpunk 2077%
now... If I didn't have laptop from which I took all the files I couldn't do to manage and resolve.
For example, first backup all saved game progress to separate folder or usb, and after that delete those saves from original place, all of them (leave the folder empty).

I think have resolve it
Thanks for your input, could this provide insight into how they can fix the issue on consoles? Let's remember that this issue affects every platform. I still can't start a new game on my XSX bc of this ridiculous bug. smh.

Are there people out there with the ps5/xsx that can actually start a fresh, new game and not have this game-breaking bug destroy the experience?

Top Bottom