Gamebreaking Missing Dialog Bug: Version 1.5 on Xbox Series X [Cross-platform]

+
Downloaded version 1.5 yesterday on my Xbox Series X and started a new game (Corpo, male, hard difficulty). Started with the scene in the bathroom where V pukes on the counter. Jackie is talking, eventually asks a question, and is waiting for a response. It's then that I notice: there are no subtitiles (They are turned on) and no dialog options shown on the screen. Eventually, I just hit "X" and V replies - I'm assuming with the first option on the dialog tree. I then turn and walk toward the door and notice there is no interaction prompt to open the door either. I hit "X" and the door opens anyway. The rest of the HUD seems fine.

Interestingly, I loaded an old save and everything looked and worked normally.

I've tried re-installing (3 times), clearing my cache, and clearing my persistent storage. Nothing worked. I have a disc version of the game and talked to a friend who has a digital version (Also on Series X). He has the exact same problem - old saves are fine, new saves have no subtitles, dialog trees, and interaction prompts on the screen.

Needless to say, this is a gamebreaking bug. I'm hoping CDPR is aware of it or someone has found a workaround.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Unfortunately there r still so many bugs that need patches

any tips on how to get it to work for me on xsx? I've tried seemingly everything. new game. different class. uninstall/reinstall. delete local saves. etc. yet, every new game I start, the dialogue choices and ui elements are missing
Honestly, I don't know :(
When you unsinstall the game entirely (it remove everything on your xbox for sure), but after reinstalling it, the first time that you launch the game, all of your saves and settings are imported from the Xbox Live (hence the "data synchronization" loading screen).
So if something is "corrupted" or "wrong" in these saves/settings, the bugs could appear again.

So I would try to uninstall the game entirely (deleting all the saves before), clearing the cache (local files) and reboot the console. Then, reinstalling the game, but before launching it, disconnect your xbox from the net. So the game will create band new setting files/saves as if it was never installed before.

Honestly, I don't know :(
When you unsinstall the game entirely (it remove everything on your xbox for sure), but after reinstalling it, the first time that you launch the game, all of your saves and settings are imported from the Xbox Live (hence the "data synchronization" loading screen).
So if something is "corrupted" or "wrong" in these saves/settings, the bugs could appear again.

So I would try to uninstall the game entirely (deleting all the saves before), clearing the cache (local files) and reboot the console. Then, reinstalling the game, but before launching it, disconnect your xbox from the net. So the game will create band new setting files/saves as if it was never installed before.
Thank you for your input. your post motivated me to try one last-ditch effort, which actually worked, albeit not without a casualty. I hope this can help other people also suffering from this glitch.

I deleted the game and all saves from the console, just as I had before. However, this time, crucially, I also deleted all cloud saves, all game data. everything. So, I lost all my previous game saves (which were working fine). Doing this did allow me to start a new game without the glitch, with the tradeoff being that all previously saved data will be completely gone.

For somebody like me, who only played about 20 or so hours of the game, this was not a giant deal. However, if I invested hundreds of hours over multiple saves, that would really suck, and this would not be much of a solution.

Thx again.

Top Bottom