gamebreaking with azerty keyboards !

+
hello why is there no single fix for azerty keyboards?
i use an azerty layout (french/dutch) and i cannot play the game like i should be able to.
to the point i can call it gamebreaking.

the issue is, azerty you would use Z as "forward" instead of W.
now the "read items" are mapped to Z, so everytime i loot one of those yellow cards in the world you get this popup that says "press z to read" after picking it up.
since you would use Z to walk it keeps opening up, mid combat etc wich is pretty gamebreaking.. the only workaround to this atm is to stand still for like 6-10seconds.. fairly hard when ur in a fight!

i just dont understand how they cannot let us MAP the binds the way we want to, just like the F cannot be changed to E.. making no sense id say it should be a top priority since its not a hard fix at all and will make life easier for many players.

Guest 3847602

Rebinding movement keys was showcased as one of the new features in patch 1.2:

Rebinding movement keys was showcased as one of the new features in patch 1.2:

its not about rebinding the movement keys, but the key to "read" these yellow files you find in the open world. i need to be able to rebind that key to something else than Z, since i already use Z walking forward on an azerty.
Post automatically merged:

I have a french keyboard and I didn't have this issue...
Perhaps is there another problem ?
you have a french azerty? or a qwerty?
because if you have azerty and walk with zqsd, you WILL have issues after you pick up one of those yellow read items/files, unless you press "read" instead of picking it up without reading this way you open up the file and the popup to the side wont show up.
if you pick it up without reading you will get this popup to the side telling you to "press z to read shard" and when you walk forward with azerty you will press Z, so resulting in the shard opening and you will read it.

It's a french azerty and when I pick a shard it tells me to press "w" to read it.
I will test it more clearly next time.

What bugs me every time is how you have to OPEN something with one key and then have to use a diffident key to close it rather than it just be a toggle. The menus drive me crazy with this.

Top Bottom