Gameplay balance changes

+
GENERAL

+%XP Gain revamp for skills. You can still use cold blood or Athletics from lvl1, do a completionist playthrough where you do everything, and still not even come close to unlocking the last perks.

Enemies having armor. Not sure if this was fixed. But some stuff still affects enemy armor, which makes these pointless unless enemies are given armor. If this isn't fixed or won't be fixed. Maybe change those perks instead.

Tech +17% armor is way weaker than the other attribute bonuses. Needs change. A suggestion would be to give tech 1.5% damage resistance per rank, but it only works on damage which is not mitigated. And only every 3 seconds or so. Just a suggestion but anything goes. Unless being able to craft is considered part of the balancing factor here.

LMG's still only have one type to choose from.

Lots of weapon types including tech shotgun (Satara) and LMGs still lack iconic weapons. Every weapon type should have at least one iconic and at least 2 types / models for gameplay and build variance.

PERKS | BODY

Too weak: 5% less fall damage 3 ranks -> 10% fall damage 2 ranks.
Typo: Hard MF lasts 10 seconds, not 1
Too strong: Flurry 30% per rank 3 ranks -> 15% per rank 3 ranks
Trash: Does not work (unless armor was fixed)
Guerilla: Duration needs increase by 0.5s per rank, crit damage should increase by 5% per rank - but start lower at 30% crit damage.
Bloodbath: Should also trigger on critical hits, or else useless Vs bosses
Burn baby burn: Increase to duration was never needed and is hardly a buff. Maybe +50% burn duration and burn can stack twice on the same target? Or a damage buff to burn. Letting burn crit. Something like that.

PERKS | ASSAULT

I think Assault is fairly well balanced overall.

Punisher needs to activate on crit too, or through some other trigger. Or else it's useless Vs boss type enemies.
Bloodlust: 2% and 2 ranks to 3% and 3 ranks.
Dragon Strike: Pretty pointless over cold blood ultimate perk if you can choose, which most blade builds will go for. Needs something else. Suggestion: +0.5% base damage for every second you are in combat. +0.1% damage per perk point. Meaning in longer battles you'll hit harder and harder. Not sure if this is a good suggestion but the current top tier perk pretty meh.

PERKS | TECH

Up to 11: Needs reduced charge time too or this perk actually makes you weaker
Shrapnel: +20 damage is useless. Needs to scale with something. If it already does, the tooltip needs to state this.
Blast Shield: 10% resist Vs explosions 3 ranks -> 15% resistance 2 ranks. This perk is now pretty useless due to the nerf to explosion damage. So I think it needs to be buffed a bit to be worth it.
Lock and load: 5% reload speed increase, 2 ranks, for smart weapons. Is this a typo? If it was 10% it MIGHT be relevant. Especially since it's weapon type specific. This needs a buff.
Crafting in general: Tech is pretty much a "all or nothing" attribute for most players. Moving legendary crafting to 14 tech would support more hybrid builds.
Crafting in general: Crafted weapons deal 5% more damage, 2 ranks. Should be buffed to 10% more damage, 2 ranks. But does not apply to iconic or unique weapons. This would help as an incentive to not feel forced into using one of the iconic/legendary weapons. But rather use a crafted weapon of a base model type.
Innovation: Even on very hard I personally never used food items at all. Longer duration does not make food any less useless. IMO all food and drink buffs should rather also have a +3% health/stamina buff when active with this perk. Meaning at 2 ranks, both hydrated and eaten - the player has 12% more health and stamina. Also we need a "sell all food items" button. It's a nightmare selling them all.
Crazy science: 10% sell price +1% per level. Money has never been an issue in this game in general. And even if it was the case, you get this perk so late it's no longer relevant IF you ever max it. Needs replacing with something else.
Mech looter: Should be 50% 2 ranks. Pretty useless unless one really needs some extra cash flow in the early game. Even then - too few enemies of this type to be worth it.

PERKS | INT+COOL

Most of these are fine in terms of mechanics but needs a little bit of tuning down I think in terms of raw numerical strength.

NERFS WHICH ARE NEEDED

In general. I think all damage across the board needs a slight nerf. Player damage is already stupid high even w/o specialization or min maxing.
Enemies need armor. This would be the better solution, working armor for enemies. If this isn't fixed.
It's too easy to become immune to all the ailments. I suggest making all immune clothing buffs and perks, rather be a high 35% resistance one. Else it is trivial for players to completely ignore all damage ailments.
Enemy netrunners need more hacks against the players. Enemy netrunners are not a threat at all. Why not give them a larger pool of hacks? It's sorely needed. Can easily be balanced around longer cooldowns for stronger hacks.

Very hard is basically "Do I one shot the enemy before the enemy one shots me?" even with high health and armor. Player and enemy damage are both too high imo. It leads to favoring stealth, hacking, sniping, glass cannon approaches which circumvents AI or normal combat. IMO both player damage and enemy damage needs balancing. Sandevistan is also crazy strong. Some fundamental balancing is still needed IMO.

There's been many improvements. The game is drastically better now. Love the game. These are just my opinions for what needs change the most.

Top Bottom