Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
a very silly suggest : could there be a world language pack
everyone speak their own language ???
besides subtitles of course , to make the world feels trans-nationalism
This would be great, along with a number of translator mods you could install to speak and understand different languages. Like, prior to installation the subtitles of certain NPC conversations on the street would appear as ????, or (speaking in German), etc. instead of what's being said.
It would be a great way to open up options for new people/factions you could work with too:
Oh, what's that? Evil Corp #2159 doesn't trust you? I guess you'll just have to take your business elsewhere, say, to the Russian mob? A merchant's union that looks warily on outsiders? Or maybe do some "freelancing" for the local yakuza chapter!
(Oh, yes. I took verrry careful note of those katana slots on V's armory wall.)

Please, please, please let us be able to LEAN while ADS (aim down sight) -- similar to how Rainbow Six: Siege plays, I feel like ALL modern first-person games with guns should include the ability to lean/peak.

Something small like being unable to lean, playing this limp, non-dextrous character can easily and will easily kill my immersion.

2018-08-30 20_56_52-#cyberpunk-chat - Discord.png

Last edited:
There are only 3 options for each of these sections which doesn't feel enough or provide enough of a spectrum to feel individual, I think 5 options would be much better allowing for other alter egos to be personified. For instance you have rebel, solo, and control,(johnny, Morgan, saburo) you could add a lose cannon type, eccentric interlect or something that plays around charm and vanity. I'm sure you will have better versions of these if you entertain this idea.

I thought the same thing at first glance but you can mix and match each of the choices from the different categories and I imagine each combination will give you different story options, so with 3 categories an 3 choices each, that is 27 different combinations. It should be enough.

Last edited:
Why enemies always fight until death? What if corpo agents, or some of them will try to escape (for example by car), then they have 30℅ of life or less?? If you have very powerful enemy, you want to kill Hindu in order to take his powerful guns, armor etc. Yeah, you will die 3 or 10+ times, but after that because you won't have consequences (maybe it will cost come reputation, but no more). And you will have a gun. Powerful gun. But if they can escape or manage to reach another group of corporates, you will think twice - "does it worth it? ", because : 1)you will have enemies, who could trace you or hire a killer; 2)you haven't got a any loot, if they don't guard some, then you attacked them.
P. S. Sorry for my English :)

Dear Cyberpunk/CD Project RED,

I have made a list for you guys that may be helpfull to give you guys some ideas for the game.
Wanted to say awesome piece of gameplay! Greatjob. You guys are for the fans.
Also great job off that hidden secret message. It's a reall note and not some shitty commercial text idea.
You guys told us why and that's awesome, I mean that's what you do in real life so why not be real.

Now for the list.
Keep in mind that these are ideas for you guys so that way mayby some ideas from this could bring some other ideas.

* Would be awesome if you could kill people outside and the next day people heard about you and are scared. And the prices of the vendors and merchandize in that area are litte higher just a little

* Something like a learning system to learn kung fu. Say you wanted to do a mission but stealthy I could learn go to a school spend alot of time to learn the mechanics and then do the mission. That would be awesome. That's rewarding.

* The outside of the car was mehhhhhhhhhh. Inside the car was awesome but the window a little too small

* it would be awesome if you could hire somebody else to do the mission for you, this way you start a gang or something in the world. And you could bring you're associates with you

* Or say you could start a gang after enough streed cred not to much just a little and then it would be possible to do co-op Cause I really really really would like to do this game with co-op espically with 4 players.

* The first-person view doesn't bother me. If you really like this game then you play it like i'ts intented and designed for

* Graphics awesome, love the very details in the game, I hope that's also in other parts of the city not only what you showed.

* FPS drops but yeah that's expecting when doing something like this.

* Gameplay awesome! Would be great do to some combat instead of a weapon. Like kung fu or something like that.

Question 1: If you choose not to bring the bot with you what happens then?
Question 2: Is there gonna be a "online"co-op support ?

Thanks alot for reading this far.
Great work and don't change we love you're work.

I think, that implant, that could scan installed implants on enemies is (probably) good idea. Also it would be great, if "Vi" will pull out implants, which you don't broken in combat, like it was in trailer

Last edited:
9- I would like more backstory options than just three in the character creation system, to have just three models to look upon (also a tool tip to explain who they to players who know nothing about the world would help) , and this goes the same for the reason the player left their home and came to night city, more options are always the better and yeah as this is a huge game, I hope you get in on it. the first good example that comes in my head is Mount and Blade Warband : Brytenhilda campaign, its a small indie beloved title and you'll see what I'm talking about. They really did well with the introductory backstory creation.

I agree about more backstories, three choices for each seems very small. I did not see a nerd choice for childhood hero's like netrunner. Just think there should be a lot more choices for backstory. On another note, I hope it is possible to get and drive any land based vehicle in the game. I know flying cars are out, but other vehicles should be in. A lot of people like the default car, but it is just not my style. I am still hoping that we can at least get hover cars in the game.

Guest 4211861

Downward Thrust just confirmed in a video what I said before, that the weapons feel too floaty and light

and that the guns need more weight to them, more OOMPH

Downward Thrust just confirmed in a video what I said before, that the weapons feel too floaty and light

and that the guns need more weight to them, more OOMPH
Yeah exactly what I said in my post earlier, especially the Shotgun. The IMPACT and the Satisfying feel you get was missing. Ofc we haven't played the game, but by the looks of it I could tell. For Inspiration I'd say take a look at DOOM or Rage 2 which is coming out, Its shotgun Power has the OOOmph!
Post automatically merged:

Also, just a very minor thing CDPR, I would like to see a KPH option in the driving too! Just a minor thing I know but yeah :)

On the visual side of things, this game has quality in spades. Apart from small things like V hanging out of a car window that's still up during the car fight, it's definitely beating down the competition in the realm of graphic fidelity and immersion. The only real complaint I have in the whole demo (and to really make this game a complete package to match such high graphical standards) is that the audio for the guns sounds slightly underwhelming. Reminds me a little bit of Destiny 1's auto-rifles... which, to me anyway, sounded like they were made of cardboard. Maybe beef up the audio for them a tad?

I agree about more backstories, three choices for each seems very small. I did not see a nerd choice for childhood hero's like netrunner. Just think there should be a lot more choices for backstory. On another note, I hope it is possible to get and drive any land based vehicle in the game. I know flying cars are out, but other vehicles should be in. A lot of people like the default car, but it is just not my style. I am still hoping that we can at least get hover cars in the game.

I think we can get different cars and bikes yeah. Also I got confused, It wasn't the Brytenhilda 'cause that was a mod, but the very same team made the VIKING CONQUEST Expansion for Mount and Blade which was amazing.
And yeah, the backstories were great giving various boosts in skills and training and a sort of a backstory to the character you're about to play as. From what I remember, they were :

Learnt as a Child :
Martial Arts
Crafts
Oratory
Stealing
Farming

Father's Occupation:
Noble
merchant
Outlaw
Farmer
Beggar/Peasant
Priest

Vocation :
Landowner
Hunter
Traveler
Thief
Priest
Slave

Personality:
Choleric
Saanguine
Phlegmatic
Melancholic

Greatest Virtue:
Wisdom
Fortitude
Temperance
Fortitude

And yes, this all affected stats , skills, and it would be cool to have something like this that gives a backstory and sometimes the characters around you can comment on that, or maybe we can have specific quests for the "reason we came to night city" choices. something like this.
Ofc I know this doesn't literally translate to CP77, I'm not saying have an option of selecting what your father did, but yeah all the more options, all the merrier.

Please, please, please let us be able to LEAN while ADS (aim down sight) -- similar to how Rainbow Six: Siege plays, I feel like ALL modern first-person games with guns should include the ability to lean/peak.

Something small like being unable to lean, playing this limp, non-dextrous character can easily and will easily kill my immersion.

View attachment 10975781
I also support this suggestion greatly! A leaning mechanic goes a long way for helping fpp games feel immersive!

Now I understand that there is currently a contextual peek from cover mechanic in place, but it would also be very nice to be able to lean when you aren’t close enough to cover for the contextual peek to activate. Even in the demo you can see the player accidentally shoot the pillar because he expected the peek mechanic to activate but it didn’t.

And if we had to choose between a lean mechanic and the current peek behind cover mechanic, I think I would probably choose the lean mechanic.

Lean left or right - Aim down sight and move left analog stick left or right

Peek over cover - When crouched behind cover, aim down sight and push forward with the left analog stick

I feel this may be more immersive than the current peek around cover mechanic because it has a range of movement, rather than the more mechanical snap out/in to cover of the current mechanics

Last edited:
Visuals are great. Music is fantastic. Liked the Spanish influence as expected.
Mantis blades are lame, wolvers are the thing. Nevermind.
Disliked the huge jumps, that's all. Okay, they might have some extra hardware, so meh.
I liked you kept the original world and put it further in time.

I would like
-Super inventory. Divinity Original Sin2 had it. Order by aquiration is very useful. In Fallout 4 if I don't concentrate heavily on the name of an info item, it might lost between hundreeds of other info. However Fallout 4 had the best solution picking up loot. We didn't need to press a button to see the content of a container, it appears in the vicinity of the hero. Filters if needed.
-GPS aka minimap. In Witcher 3 I would have lost without pathfinder in that huge city. Showing directions on the screen like in the video is a good alternative.
-Possible cyberpsychosis for the player! We lose control for a nice bloodshed.
-Co-op. Instead of Jackie.
-A few travels to exotic locations.
-Firefight in infrared sight. Maybe after I shut down electricity of the bad guys' place.
-Many tech skill usages even without having drones or robots.
-Children and elderly people. No problem if children are invulnerable.

Last edited:
I'm sure others have mentioned it already and with nothing but respect to the voice actors involved, the dialogue and its direction were very lacking at best and irritating at worst. Reason for why I feel like that is the street style they speak in doesn't feel natural as if the characters are trying too hard to look cool. I'm all for the "punk" in cyberpunk, but considering the characters just came back from a mission where they absolutely wrecked an entire harvester lair without breaking a sweat you'd expect them to sound more experienced and mature in the words they choose instead of sounding like edgy teenagers.

I propose that they still use curse words and all, just in a more poetic/classy fashion as seen in TV shows like Deadwood and The Expanse.

Some have mentioned how the words the character V says don't match up with the selection of speech lines we're given. A good solution imo is adapting a similar system like in Deus Ex Human Revolution where what you actually say is shown as a greyed out subtitles in an box attached to the selection.

With all said and done you guys absolutely smashed it out of the park with what you've shown us so far and I'm really glad you gave your fans the opportunity to give open feedback on your game!

Last edited:
Since i've been playing a lot of rainbow six lately, i would love to have a lean mechanic in combat. Although judging from the gameplay i feel that most combat systems are in place and maybe a lean mechanic would be too much effort at this point. Also with higher levels unlocking more acrobatic skills i guess also adding lean would mean that there are too many things to do during combat. Apart from that my only request would be to definitely have a new game+ and ideally something like Detroit:Become Human had where you can track all the different paths/choices you made.

As a Deus Ex Fan I fucking love FPP. Don´t change it for RPG hardcore whiners. But maybe add in another option for third person after release?

Driving needs a lot of work, soundwise and feedbackwise with more mechanical car noises and street noises, wind, etc, more soundwork, the engines have to make you get a hard on.

Shooting looked great, weapon functionality and it´s presented variety is great, but exactly how many guns will be in there? Let´s hope it´s a lot because due to FPP you need many models, animations and soundwork, more than TPP. Many swords in witcher 3 looked samey, so I assume this is a new challenge for CDPR as well.

Make sure to boost sound by giving the guns more kick in the sound department, also give em some more damage balancing, HP grinding is shit. To balance it all out, improve AI to make enemies flank or rush you at least on some form of intercommunicated manner, squad AI like FEAR, afterall it´s a gang of cyborgs. But the console CPU´s might be an issue once such combat is brought to the outside world. headboobing options are needed for increased immersion, HUD options too.

Shooting can become a bit repetitive that´s ok, it´s open world and a shooter, you can switch to different playstyles anyway, didn´t huret witcher 3 too, swords and swords and more swords remember? Like 90% of games that are designed to be open world.

Driving looked like the only thing I can´t really get along with. Nothing except model and HUD looked fleshed out yet at all. Like alpha driving. The cars steering wheel wasn´t in harmony with the playerscameraview, it felt like buggy on rails driving with barely any acceleration in the low rpm range, but suddenly afterburner mode in high rpm...... I hope they focus more on the driving.

Far Cry 5 autodrive mode is NECESSARY if you also want to shoot out of the car. I don´t expect a forza horizon 3, but that should be the reference at least, not the simulation aspect but the quality aspect of steering, car sounds and car feeling.

Are there several cars and also a garage? Roach was one horse....... let´s hope it´s not just one car, level up the car by maybe give V the option to aat least 3 vehicles throughout progressing in the game? Or just plain GTA style , buy it if you got the eddies.

We´ll see if there will be car sellers. When interacting with anything in the world, maybe make meaningless ones with no animation, and important ones with animation, but make it an option to turn off for those who seek to avoid the far cry style of animation madness when looting. Still, giving granularity in options such as defining individual animation sets for certain objects... is too much to ask, just balance it the way you want and we will shut up. At least I will.

Drugs, nything besides inhalators? Something truly dark? Add escapism themes in cyberpsace, netrunning, I´m excited to see what´s going to be the netrunner playthrough, which leads me to another concern.

The mantis blade scene had very fixed animations on the wall.
Are only certain materials and walls made for crawling on surfaces? Assassins creed level of building climbing? Can i actually climb stuff in the open world completely free without any invisible walls? Technology determines this outcome.

Stealth, how to balance this? Deus Ex takes super huge in depth designing of the levels, will stealth be tucked on? Game is already super complex as it is.

Melee enemies? More melee options as a sidearm etc? For sick kill moves?

Bullet hitting the enemy seemed to feel fleshy, thansk to the gore too, but maybe you could improve ragdolls a bit, more gore compexity on body parts, and adddifferent enemy feedback animations for when you hit them in the legs etc, but that´s much to ask of the animation team which has so much to do already. Still, I love the feeling of 100kg of human meat pounding against a wall, when i pump the f*cker with my double o buck in the chest. Cyberpunk embraces gore as a aesthetic choice. 80´s style, tarantino style.

[...]maybe add in another option for third person after release?
I had been thinking about this too; I have no problems with FPP games in general, I just expected this one would had a camera option to toggle between the two options. Nevertheless, I recall watching a video mentioning how Cyberpunk 2077 went through a lot o development reboots and at some point they needed to make the tough call and stick with FPP. I understand it.
However, I have high hopes that this game will sell a lot, beyond what they expect; and that maybe we can see the addition of a TPP toggle in the future (much like how GTA V did it, but the other way around).
The combat could be the trickier part to adpat into another camera angle, so, based on another user here SlickR*, who mentioned a IDLE TPP, I think we could settle for a camera toggle option for just when roaming and exploring the Night City, outside combat. (Maybe just like in the car's camera; I believe it would switch to FPP once V starts shooting from the window)

*Edit:
Finally I'd like to ask for a 3rd person perspective of your character when IDLE. [...]
-
Are only certain materials and walls made for crawling on surfaces? Assassins creed level of building climbing? Can i actually climb stuff in the open world completely free without any invisible walls?[...]
Those are good and interesting questions! (y)

Last edited:
Hello, i am a huge fan of CD PROJECT RED'S games.I watched the 50min gameplay of Cyberpunk and i would like to share some ideas about the game's identity.
I am well aware that the game's work in progress but in my opinion some things have taken a wrong turn.

First and foremost,game's graphics seem old fashioned and repel the gamer and his experience to feel that he/she are part of the game and it's world.
In the meantime watching the video i felt that i was watching grand theft auto or watch dogs and other similar open world games that exist.
I didn't feel the feeling of the futuristic world which some movies taught us(example given Blade Runner which stated the core of Cyberpunk's feeling) and of course in the game ,the feeling of atmosphere is absent.

Second and last ,I believe that the way you designed the age is somewhat incomplete and false.A cyberpunk's age doesn't suggest sunny days,clean weather and sunshine.
A cyberpunk age suggests carbon dioxide (CO2) ,dark skies,acidification,water shortage and these are concluded to a dark age which is most relevant to the Cyberpunk's theme.

They are also a lot of things that need improvement and i know you understand to which i am referring to because the game started to develop a way which doesn't follow it's identity and if do, will not stand to it's name.

Thank you for your time, i just shared my opinions and thoughts about the game.

Top Bottom