Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
I like the design of weaponry and cyber ware, they are cool and looks very fun. But combat moves makes me worry a lot:

Double jump just doesn't make sense, an enhanced jump(bionics or jetpack) are more reasonable. Dash strafing to dodge bullets seem overpowered, I hope it's not an innate ability. Bullet time......Why every action game adopt it ? it is exaggerated, it doesn't fit the atmosphere of a sci-fi game.

I really don't want another Mirror's Edge or Dishonored or DOOM...I hope skill design is strategy-oriented. For example, you can replace that dash strafing ability with a skill, when active player became blur(atom vibration , holographic projection or something).Player's dodge chance doubled and it only last for 10 seconds and it have limited number of uses. Every skill should have limitation, they have cooldown and need recharge.

I hope Cyberpunk2077 combat system is first person tactical shooter rely on weapon, cyber ware and skill rather than some fancy moves.

Last edited:
This game seems to have borrowed a great amount of features from a lot of games I've played in the past and it made it in the right manner.
In order to make myself understood, I will exemplify there and here with some of these games, but please don't take it personally, I realize that you're a different producer that has a different approach and doesn't copy from others.

PROs:
1) I really like and encourage the body dismemberment part by the bullets, it's amazing and this feature I've liked the most in F.E.A.R. for example.
2) The graphics and body models are stunning, but I hope they won't be "minimum 12GB video card required" stunning.
3) Voice acting is great, please make sure it stays great because this was the most important feature in TW 3. A little more emphassis on intonation, and a little less on forever repeating silly words (like "jaina") and it would be perfect.
4) I like that the leveling has been kept this way, and I'm reffering to those tougher dudes for which the implant wasn't good enough to read their stats.

CONs:
1) I'm trying to get over the thought that 50 years later we'll still be using internal combustion engines. Ok, so all the cars don't fly but please... take away the RPM OSD on the dashboard / windshield. Make that car electric or nuclear powered or something, this isn't Mad Max.
2) Ricochet damage... really ? Is that the best original thing you came up with ?
I mean I liked the hand enhancements to be in perfect harmony with the gun but at least please try to limit this feature; in my opinion it takes away the imersion. It's worst than the utterly useless "Fast Mode" in the original Crysis.
3) live damage display on top of their heads, it has been discussed, I like that you'll take into consideration to make it optional.

DUNNOs:
1) I really hope there will be an active 3rd person perspective, to me it seemed like a FPS with RPG elements rather than viceversa. A Max Payne type of aiming will do the trick.
2) I also hope that the weather will be random, I would really like to see some droplet mechanics, car handling alteration on wet, sound splashing, gun/tyre smoke changing with it, etc.
3) Make sure you'll offer a more imersive "spook" experience because in TW3 the catacombs/dungeons could have been a little more terrifying. I would really like to see action in very dark corners while the music changes to something very sinister, not necessarily melodious (for example take FEAR's soundtrack, it wasn't instrumental at all, it was some blood chilling sinister chord dropping).
4) I hope that the health can't be regenerated with ingesting inhalers on-the-fly, like eating and drinking was in TW3 during the combat. Eventually you can install a defibrilator which could be augmented, like in Rage; I really liked the idea and could prove handy.
5) I see the strong emphassis on androids, please don't wreck any eventual sex scenes with mouthless women or modular vaginal cartridge changing thingies or whatever... please don't wreck the best expectations from TW3.

That's it for now, gotta get back to work !

The more I watch the video, the less impressed I am with the graphics. The scene of Night City from V's apartment window and from the landing outside her apartment, look very bland and meh. A bunch of flat gray blocks, like it was built with minecraft. If the city is run by corporations, it should be very audacious!

Leave the background be dude, from what I'm concerned, the lesser the far details, the lesser the vram required.
Still hoping to play this above Medium settings on my 980Ti.
:-s

The only thing that I would like added/changed is that there were several times throughout the demo that V merely looked at a switch or a door, when she picked up her jacket, and interacted with it through telekinesis or something. For a game that is all about immersion, I feel that you should see V's hand reach out and interact with the switch to activate it and to pick up her jacket.
Other than that everything looks amazing.

Last edited:
Agreed. In regards to " living world", I would add that it is very important for night city to feel like a living city(and not just an empty playground), more so than the world of Witcher. That is mostly achieved with 2 things and first of the 2 and the most important one: interesting sidequests, activities and stories of night city that are not part of the main campaign. We all know CDPR will NAIL this, like they did with W3. It would be really interesting to go somewhere that the main campaign does not dictate you to go and fine an interesting scene and start investigating (with no questgiver) or find a person of interest and start chatting and it turns out that they have a job for you and that takes you into a rabbit hole etc. I think that will flesh out Night city as a living place. The second thing is interactivity. Imo there needs to be a bit of interactivity with the world. I know we can't have everything and the first point is more important and is what distinguishes CDPR , but still, it would be nice to have some level of interactivity.
I strongly agree with you!

One of my favorite aspects of The Witcher 3 is the interesting sidequests we get to experience. I remember this one where I got a contract page and went to met the contract giver in another village somewhere. He wasn't there; no one was. Something else happened, totally unnexpected! Then Geralt started investigating the clues and so much more interesting things appeared after it. It felt like part of the main quest - or, as you said: it made the game feel like a living place!

(Not the usual MMORPG type of sidequests, such as:
"Hey, my weapon just broke. Can you help me and get some springs out of the androids outside?"
"
Quest Objective: Loot 10 springs from enemies."
That has been overused for quite some time. I admire CDPR for going beyond the usual.)

I like the design of weaponry and cyber ware, they are cool and looks very fun. But combat moves makes me worry a lot:

Double jump just doesn't make sense, an enhanced jump(bionics or jetpack) are more reasonable. Dash strafing to dodge bullets seem overpowered, I hope it's not an innate ability. Bullet time......Why every action game adopt it ? it is exaggerated, it doesn't fit the atmosphere of a sci-fi game.

I really don't want another Mirror's Edge or Dishonored or DOOM...I hope skill design is strategy-oriented. For example, you can replace that dash strafing ability with a skill, when active player became blur(atom vibration , holographic projection or something).Player's dodge chance doubled and it only last for 10 seconds and it have limited number of uses. Every skill should have limitation, they have cooldown and need recharge.

I hope Cyberpunk2077 combat system is first person tactical shooter rely on weapon, cyber ware and skill rather than some fancy moves.
I also think that double jump (and more unrealistc feats) requires more explanation to it, or else it just feels out of place; especially in a game that can be so immersive and follow a "realistic" idea of how a dystopic world of Cyberpunk could be.

However, maybe there will be a explanation for it, since it had a distinct sound effect in the gameplay video (that can be noticed at 39:57; or more clearly at: 43:47).
I hope it's a skill or cyber enhancement, and optional.

This game seems to have borrowed a great amount of features from a lot of games I've played in the past and it made it in the right manner.
In order to make myself understood, I will exemplify there and here with some of these games, but please don't take it personally, I realize that you're a different producer that has a different approach and doesn't copy from others.

PROs:
[...]
2) The graphics and body models are stunning, but I hope they won't be "minimum 12GB video card required" stunning.
3) Voice acting is great, please make sure it stays great because this was the most important feature in TW 3. A little more emphassis on intonation, and a little less on forever repeating silly words (like "jaina") and it would be perfect.
4) I like that the leveling has been kept this way, and I'm reffering to those tougher dudes for which the implant wasn't good enough to read their stats.

CONs:
[...]
2) Ricochet damage... really ?
[...]please try to limit this feature; in my opinion it takes away the imersion. [...]
3) live damage display on top of their heads, it has been discussed, I like that you'll take into consideration to make it optional.
[...]
Yeah, concerning the ricochet bullets (and the smart gun), while it's freaking cool to see original takes on features like this one, I agree that it may feel a bit too overpowered. Like @diaperkitten4ever said on his earlier post (and some other users before), I think it could be a more limited ability. Maybe with something like this idea of the "batteries":
Agreed. "Smart fire" should at most be an alternate fire option that uses batteries, or some other limited energy source, so there's actual tact and strategy for using it, not just 'press fire to win'. Also, it shouldn't just auto target whatever enemy is nearby, but should require the player to first shoot/mark their target, like the "memory" function from the gun in Fifth Element.

Additionally, it'd be pretty cool to be able to post smart guns up as wall turrets, like the laptop gun from Perfect Dark, and then fire them remotely to flank and/or distract enemies.
I really like it! Along with the "memory" bullets idea.

Last edited:
I think non important NPC's should be robable/killable/cyber harvestable, but it should be like GTA and Skyrim. If someone sees you, then the police go after you with scaling threats based on your danger. However if nobody sees you, every so often it triggers an event where assassins/gang members/other come after you. Also, if you kill too many people, the police investigate and will come to you and ask you a bunch of questions which you could try and BS your way out of or fight them starting the chase/fight again, but with higher difficulty.

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.
I have really enjoyed the gameplay reveal but here is my portion of pros and cons I've noticed so far:
Pros:
Art-design of CP 2077 is absolutely astounding, fit-for-purpose and stylistically believable. Art designers and artists in CDPR did a really good job. I'm simply delighted with their hard work. When I saw this crazy design of Cadillac in 2077 I couldn't take the smile off my face, I just buy this. Simply put art-design in CP 2077 is top-notch and feast for the eyes.
Cons:
I can't say the same about the game design of boss fights, especially boss fight with the Maelstrom gang leader Royce. As far as I can see this boss stands in the end of the questline thus I strongly believe this boss battle deserves an outstanding and complex RPG game design just to put a significant and satisfying icing on the cake finalizing this quest. So the players will remember this quest among other things because of the clever and carefully designed boss battle.
My suggestions about what can be done to improve game design of the Maelstrom boss fight:
1) Divide the boss battle into 3 stages.
First stage (acquaintance): On this stage V can't inflict damage to Royce as his screen shield absorbs damage like a bullet sponge, V also can't approach Royce just because his thermal attacks is too strong and can easily oneshot V, so on the first stage boss seems to be overpowered and is a real threat to V, so V is trying to survive it eluding his attacks while using cover. In the end of the first stage Royce with one of his attacks breaks the wall leading back to Production line area (this can be scripted)
2) Second stage (RPG tactics): When V shows up to be back in spacious Production line area which the player already searched and knows like a book the player can play hide and seek with the boss thus using the location design and environment in his favor. This gives the player the opportunity to use the whole variety of resources, tactics and techniques which RPG can offer depending on the level of V's abilities. For instance if V has has high tech level he/she can disarm mines which can be found near the entrance to All Food factory and use it against the the Maelstrom boss. Or V can utilize flathead against the boss and remotely control him to stealthily disable the protective shield of the boss thus leaving him vulnerable to all kinds of damage etc.
3) Third stage (termination) When the protection shield module of the boss is disabled with one or another technique V can start to confront the boss directly inflicting real damage to him. The Production line level design gives the player freedom for the maneuver attacking the boss from behind and from above as well.
P.S. Some technical issues, interface issues etc. can be easily amended later with patches, but game design issues if they arise early should be addressed in the first place because it is very hard to change them on the late stage of the game development. When the player can use different tactics and gameplay mechanics and improvise with them on the fly this adds so much value to the game, especially the one of RPG genre. And we all know that Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG in the first place so thoughtful RPG game design should be a focus and crucial part of the game.

Hope my humble feedback will be helpful.
Keep up the good work CDPR!

I apologize for my English in advance, hopefully it isn't too bad.
Here are some thoughts.
1. "Contextual" subtitles above NPC's head are very nice.
2. Not a fan of rarity system. "Epic" rarity is particularly bad - looks like some MMO drek and doesn't make sense in-character. Something like "exclusive" or "unique" might be better.
3. Assuming tattoos are just monochrome pictures it would be nice to be able to add our own.
4. Minor nitpick, but at 39:09 in the video there is no hand animation when button is pushed.

1) Mis-Haps:
I've watched the gameplay footage like 5 times now, looking for something to point out, and apart from the obvious gang member speaking after getting his head popped off, I have only been able to find a bottle that is in mid air, in front of the hobo that you see after the vehicle shootout.
But all aside, Exceptional.

2) Shards:
However I also wanted to put forward a thought I had. Now the universe is pretty grim and shady, just how all dystopia's should be. That coupled with the introduction mission and how the victim girl had a shard that was like a virus or transmission blocker and all, I immediately became subconsciously aware and alert of shards as a possible threat. So when De Shawn hands you a shard for the mission I became overly suspicious and wary, but after a while that thought process disappeared as i realized that shards are pretty integral to the game mechanics especially quests/missions.
But I am wondering if there are any possibilities of the character getting fucked over because he/she inserted a spiked shard and should we always be caution, if so that would be awesome.

3) Implants:
I know that implants and tech is core to gameplay, and that they are like fashion and status symbols, and are key to the combat mechanic, but, will I be able to have the option in one of my several gameplays to RP as an implantless rebel and play without any tech. Or is it a must and essential, and all characters I make are subdued to the will if the machine?

4) Factions:
Is it possible to become one of those monks in the trailer?

5) Weapons:
Can guns get mods/customizations? This includes both the tech spectrum and the cosmetic spectrum. And is the only melee blade type going to be the Katana, are we going to get other styles aswell? E.g, Longsword or even scimitars?

After seeing the demo I get why they were so hesistant to show it off. Its somewhat cringy. Yeah I know this is their first FPS shooter give them a break blah blah blah i get it.

Now, I get that some people are super sensitive to criticism and dont like it. My suspicions were aroused when not one "gaming journalist" had a bad thing to say about the demo. Thats an instant red flag in my book. Did CDPR threaten them with never being allowed to see a private viewing again if they criticised? Who knows.

Anyways, we finally get the demo after 2 months...... Yeah way to support your fans there CDPR.

So lets start with the good. I like FPS games but I was initially worried it would be a Deus Ex clone but so far it looks better and seems to play better.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous. and all those people! You truly did an amazing job with that. however, thats where the praise ends im afraid because you are suffering from what I call the Mass Effect writers syndrome. What do I mean by this? The voice acting is very jarring its very hammy. So the first thing I noticed was when you call the militech woman and she aranges a meet. Then, she throws you on the ground and sticks a lie detector thingy in your head. Fair enough. In the demo the person playing chose to lie.... yet did not get shot in the head? Im sorry if I was her and counting the fact she didnt know me and for all anyone knew i was one of the people responsible.....I should be dead. Its a pointless dialogue choice. one of the major downfalls of Mass Effect was the writing. People can put up with crappy grpahics to an extent but if the writing and voice acting is poor, its shows. And the casual nonchelant way you have a little chit chat with her at the end when she almost gets you killed? "oh you little tinker you didnt tell me it was a virus" ....WHAT????? Who reacts like that? And why on earth would she pay a complete unknown 50k who had just lied to her? none of that makes any sense.

Also props for pandering to the SJW crowd who obviously cant take a joke. (Yes I did assume your gender cos theres only two to pick from)

Last edited:
I loved the features overall, but there are some things that didn't sit well with me:
1) I saw the same NPC on the street as the main character was walking from her apartment to meet up with Jackie. This isn't that big of an issue, but it is an issue nonetheless and it happened more than once. I know that it's impossible to never run into the same NPC twice on the street in any open world game, but please make it less prevalent.
2) The time between choosing a dialogue option and the dialogue would result in awkward silence in dialogue. Sometimes, it was less apparent because characters talking to you would still talk like the Corpo woman demanding you to talk while the dialogue options were up. Sometimes this can create tension, but please put it up to the player's discretion like how in Mass Effect 1, the dialogue options were available the second a character would talk to you and you could choose what to say a lot quicker resulting in awkward pauses, but again, those pauses can create good tension.
3) The dialogue options were sometimes really vague to what the character would say upon selection and I think that it's because the vernacular in the Cyberpunk universe is kind of foreign to people. Like I didn't know what "eddies" were until the narrator in the demo said something.
That was all that I saw that could be considered a negative and I know that it's a work in progress.

For things that I want to see and wish for:
1) I would love to see stealth elements like possible Militech skinware that makes the character invisible for a short time like Ghost in The Shell when Mokoto took her clothes off, clothing that can be upgraded with cloaking-technology, or the ability to silently climb walls via augmentations to the finger-tips like Spider-Man, and suppressed firearms.
2) Clothing, hair, and other cosmetic things that will be in the game. I saw a lot of options for customization and I choose fashion over stats a lot in games, so I want to see the possibilities for customization in Cyberpunk 2077. A photo-mode to take pictures in-game would also be nice.
3) Things to do in the city aside from quests like gambling, getting beat up for not paying gambling-debts, mini-games around the world, participating in underground street fighting, races, nightlife, cuisine, etc.
4) A reputation system that's faction-specific: it seems like it was sort of hinted in the gameplay, but being a nuisance to Corpos should be visibly measured in a trust and distrust meter of some kind and their goons should pop up to scare or hurt the player randomly or in a quest. Reputation with factions should result in faction-support being available in quests or fights on the streets. I plan on fighting the corpos a lot in the game :)
5) I want to see what else the player-apartment can do. Pets, apartment-customization like posters, colors of the floor and floor-type, lighting, furniture-options, etc.
6) It seems like immersion and atmosphere is important to Cyberpunk 2077 and I must say that it looks and feels Cyberpunk in so many good ways; I want to see a mode where the player needs to attend to realistic needs like hunger, thirst, and slumber. It would be so immersive to actually experience having that bottle of scotch that V wanted after the quest that Dexter gave and having to sleep off the alcohol and drink water to get hydrated. Or buying noodles at stand while in between quests. Though having realistic needs would also require a more realistic timescale which I always love in RPGs.
7) Mod-support. I know CDPR is fine with mods, so please allow mod-support to this game. It extends the life of games immensely and fans love the customization of stock-features or items.
8) Animals that have cyberware like guard-dogs with mechanical jaws that can bite through concrete would make for a cool enemy-type; birds with surveillance technology would make for tense situations too.
9) A table-top Cyberpunk 2077 game. Possible item included in a super special edition or sold separately.
10) Radio stations to tune into that play good music and possibly comment on quests that the player has completed.
11) The main character's degeneracy should be optional.

I saw many NPCs that looked the same in the trailer not just one but many it's something that needs attention

After seeing the demo I get why they were so hesistant to show it off. Its somewhat cringy. Yeah I know this is their first FPS shooter give them a break blah blah blah i get it.

Now, I get that some people are super sensitive to criticism and dont like it. My suspicions were aroused when not one "gaming journalist" had a bad thing to say about the demo. Thats an instant red flag in my book. Did CDPR threaten them with never being allowed to see a private viewing again if they criticised? Who knows.

Anyways, we finally get the demo after 2 months...... Yeah way to support your fans there CDPR.

So lets start with the good. I like FPS games but I was initially worried it would be a Deus Ex clone but so far it looks better and seems to play better.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous. and all those people! You truly did an amazing job with that. however, thats where the praise ends im afraid because you are suffering from what I call the Mass Effect writers syndrome. What do I mean by this? The voice acting is very jarring its very hammy. So the first thing I noticed was when you call the militech woman and she aranges a meet. Then, she throws you on the ground and sticks a lie detector thingy in your head. Fair enough. In the demo the person playing chose to lie.... yet did not get shot in the head? Im sorry if I was her and counting the fact she didnt know me and for all anyone knew i was one of the people responsible.....I should be dead. Its a pointless dialogue choice. one of the major downfalls of Mass Effect was the writing. People can put up with crappy grpahics to an extent but if the writing and voice acting is poor, its shows. And the casual nonchelant way you have a little chit chat with her at the end when she almost gets you killed? "oh you little tinker you didnt tell me it was a virus" ....WHAT????? Who reacts like that? And why on earth would she pay a complete unknown 50k who had just lied to her? none of that makes any sense.

Also props for pandering to the SJW crowd who obviously cant take a joke. (Yes I did assume your gender cos theres only two to pick from)

Maybe it's just me, but I interpreted that scene the following way. From the viewpoint of Stout: Someone steal cargo from you. You're not really worried about the value lost, you're worried that the stealing could even occurred. You're looking for the method, not the thieves. (That's quite realistic by the way imo) You also know your security is not foolproof, so you're not feeling safe. You're looking for the mole, to prevent it from happening ever again. You have a suspect, but no proof. You're working for one of largest corporations, a key player in the country's economy, so you've enormous pressure on you. Your job, your life (depending on the shadiness of the corp) is on the line, literally. You're becoming desperate, you're baselessly accusing people left and right . Out of nowhere, someone's contacting you who may provide you a lead. All right, she lied to you not being there alone, but if you kill her right now, you may lose the only info that can set things right. She has an offer for you. She knows the location of the thieves. That's already more than you knew a moment ago, so there's definetly some value in keeping her alive. Should you just take the info, charge their hideout? No, because they can erase all of their dealings from the computers during a frontal assault. Some may even escape. You need to enter their network to get all their contacts safely. This girl wants 50k. That's pocket money for you, but even if it wasn't, a common punk has a higher chance of entering their hideout to buy their merchandise without arousing suspicion. You gamble. Everything goes according to your plan. You get the info you need, your men captures the mole, you quickly report to your boss, and then arrive to the crime scene with a smug look on your face. Now that you're back in the driver's seat you feel untouchable again. It was but a small hiccup. You feel generous, so you offer a job to the girl with a swarm of bodyguards around you. It's not like she can do anything to you at this point.

So maybe just my imagination is running rampant here, but to me the whole thing felt quite realistic and believable. Well written even.

By the way, it's been confirmed by people who watched the demo at Gamescon that she'll be not present at the end if V do not contact her.

Maybe it's just me, but I interpreted that scene the following way. From the viewpoint of Stout: Someone steal cargo from you. You're not really worried about the value lost, you're worried that the stealing could even occurred. You're looking for the method, not the thieves. (That's quite realistic by the way imo) You also know your security is not foolproof, so you're not feeling safe. You're looking for the mole, to prevent it from happening ever again. You have a suspect, but no proof. You're working for one of largest corporations, a key player in the country's economy, so you've enormous pressure on you. Your job, your life (depending on the shadiness of the corp) is on the line, literally. You're becoming desperate, you're baselessly accusing people left and right . Out of nowhere, someone's contacting you who may provide you a lead. All right, she lied to you not being there alone, but if you kill her right now, you may lose the only info that can set things right. She has an offer for you. She knows the location of the thieves. That's already more than you knew a moment ago, so there's definetly some value in keeping her alive. Should you just take the info, charge their hideout? No, because they can erase all of their dealings from the computers during a frontal assault. Some may even escape. You need to enter their network to get all their contacts safely. This girl wants 50k. That's pocket money for you, but even if it wasn't, a common punk has a higher chance of entering their hideout to buy their merchandise without arousing suspicion. You gamble. Everything goes according to your plan. You get the info you need, your men captures the mole, you quickly report to your boss, and then arrive to the crime scene with a smug look on your face. Now that you're back in the driver's seat you feel untouchable again. It was but a small hiccup. You feel generous, so you offer a job to the girl with a swarm of bodyguards around you. It's not like she can do anything to you at this point.

So maybe just my imagination is running rampant here, but to me the whole thing felt quite realistic and believable. Well written even.

By the way, it's been confirmed by people who watched the demo at Gamescon that she'll be not present at the end if V do not contact her.
What a great read.

What I liked:

1. "We root every detail in the worlds lore to make sure everything has its purpose and stays believable" Perfect, allways keep that in mind!

2. The inclusion of all these little side issues and dirty details in the adult extreme life of a cyberpunk from changing clothes (instead of menu), opening window shutters and brushing teeth to one-night stands and other dirty things. The character traits are emphasized which creates a strong immersion. It also reinforces the contrast to the action shooter scenes which shouldn't cover the roleplaying element at all. Let's hope that the developers stay courageous and aren't intimidated by prudish and uptight people.

3. The whole Artdesign based in Michael Pondsmiths P&P game.

What i dont like:

1. Weapon Level Restrictions. Im not sure but some details make me think that i cant use High Level Weapons at low Level. If thats right - I dont like it.
I understand that this maybe relates to the game mechanics but this builds up walls everywhere like "dont go there or use this - you havent the required level". I prefer the oportunity to gain an advantage if I luckily find a super Weapon! The Players strenght should be relate to the stats but you should be able to compensate this with skill and a good weapon sometimes.

2. Overfilled HUD, the cleaner the better.

There should be mission where the vehicles are more involved and I don't arkham knight stupid tank mission but mission where it's like a fast & the furious where you have great vehicles, beautiful world and insane stunts like when they jumped a through the two buildings or their heist where they stole that giant safe.

It would be amazing if there you are doing crazy things like that becuase it would make the game feel really high stakes and every scene the player should do like jumping out of there car to land on a train going a 100km/h without using QTEs.

Personally I'm somewhat disappointed with the way this game looks like. You made everything look faded and bland. Bright low contrast color scheme makes all the details less visible and the game much less realistic and thus less immersive. Way worse than the first trailer in that regard. To me it looks like a terribly wasted potential. Also, CP2020 was futuristic but by staying close to that vision makes CP2077... retro-futuristic. That's very different. And retro-futurism is not a popular trend, so it can't contribute positively in achieving high sales figures. For example, the cars don't have smooth and rounded shapes but many sharp edges witch make them look like from a more than 10 years old game. Of course, it's also unrealistic because of worse aerodynamics. Why would car makers forget about aerodynamics in the future? Buildings also have a retro look. All that makes the game feel different than 2020 did when it was released and quite a long time later. But the worst thing is the graphics style's negative impact on immersion and credibility of the setting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom