Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
In the Cyberpunk 2077 demo when V is using the shotgun, at one point she blasts a guy's head off. As she does this, his voice line continues to play as if he is able to talk without a mouth or head. I think the line was "ah my leg!" or something.

Suggested fix is to cut off any voice lines a character may be running when their head is removed. Then replace it with blood squirting sounds. Perhaps match the sound with some visuals. Head removal is messy stuff.

Last edited:
Well I have this great idea for Cyberpunk ,but hard to explain .
I would really love to see mobile app connected with game as It did on newest Deus ex , but slightly different as an example you go on some mission or some house you pick up some note with code which you put on app and it reveals some location with house or some code to some to safe with weapon or info with lore , like some gangs boss death or planing on killing some person and by doing that you maybe can save person or do whatever you chose .
P.s there is so many ways to tweak this idea , it just would took to long to talk about it and probably not all like this idea , but would be cool i guess and would make bigger immersion .
Blizzcon 2018 Don't you all have phones ? That would teach them how to really make something good out of phones and game :D

One thing that adds realism to game is camera shake while driving a car or running with a character. After watching the gameplay of car driving from cockpit it felt very unrealistic. I mean, you know how it feels when you are driving a car, right? It's not static sight from certain point it's dynamic depending on speed and environment. (You can see Driveclub for refference). It also adds sense of speed to car driving and feeling of weight of car, both linked to adding realism. I hope it was somewhat useful! Good luck!

One thing that adds realism to game is camera shake while driving a car or running with a character. After watching the gameplay of car driving from cockpit it felt very unrealistic. I mean, you know how it feels when you are driving a car, right? It's not static sight from certain point it's dynamic depending on speed and environment. (You can see Driveclub for refference). It also adds sense of speed to car driving and feeling of weight of car, both linked to adding realism. I hope it was somewhat useful! Good luck!

or it makes people nauseous since that's not natural movement either, you don't see any of that while do it. only via a camera. we don't want to be looking at it through a camera.

Guest 4338385

Hello,

So, I hope this doesn't get buried but here goes...

I have to say that RPGs have been my favorite genre since as far back as final fantasy I. Fallout 2 was my high water mark for enjoyment in the genre - adjusting for technology and feature scope (Obviously newer games offer more, but compared to the status quo for the time, it was exceptional)

When fallout 3 was announced - a 3d version of the legendary fallout 2 - My expectations raced just as they did for the transition from GTA 2 to GTA 3 and how mind-blowing that was.

I played fallout 3 for probably a couple hours. I struggled to enjoy it. The massive clincher for me though was unloading a full-auto SMG into the head of an un-armoured bandit and inflicting minor damage.

Personally - and this is just my own feeling.. I believe realism and RPGs go hand-in-hand. Its for this reason my excitement for cyberpunk 2077 was amplified significantly when I heard that the developers were really pushing for realism as a focus for this game.

I really just want to express that if that's true, I hope I'm not missing something when I feel that simulated bullets should be just as lethal in this game world as their real-world counterparts. Or at least an option to play the game in a realistic mode...

If I unload a clip into an unarmoured opponent and they keep moving around like nothing happened, the illusion of reality is going to be shattered for me... I'm just saying.....

Here's hoping this message reaches the right eyes.

P.S. I'll buy the game either way. The scope and quality of this game deserves the support. I do hope you hear me though...

Thanks for your time!

The importance of camera movement and interacting with immediate environment in video games.

Take for example doom a FPS. When I first played it I was able to explore a 3D environment in 2D. Blew my mind. It created a layer of immersion that I had not seen before.

Fast forward to titanfall and TF2. The parkour system allows for the exploration of the same 3-dimensional environment in more ways permitting another layer of immersion that was not experienced before. After playing a game like titanfall then playing a game like doom I clearly felt like something was missing. I had the desire to run and jump from wall to wall and then perform a glory kill on an enemy. Over and over in my head I wanted to do this, but the closest I came was jumping of a ledge to stomp on an enemies head. It got to a point where every time I thought of this and wanted to do it and couldn’t it would take me out of the game meaning I lost that feeling of immersion and the story and gameplay had less impact. (And the reverse is true when playing TF2. The glory kills in doom carry the game and make it great. TF has a similar cinematic effect with the executions, but there aren’t enough of the glory animations in my opinion. Its a fine line to get right the right amount of cinematic animations, but incorporated correctly can make the game play more interesting and believable. (I like the example of a Ju jit su hip throw where after throwing your opponent you would be facing the opposite way, think 180). This is nice, because you are interacting with your immediate environment in a believable way.
Additionally it is so difficult to unlock the executions which help carry and make the gameplay great. Why? It’s like holding yourself back. Another drawback I notice is the censorship. When you look at weapon camo for example in TF there is a big black censor box saying I have to achieve xxx and it blocks the artwork on screen. Bottom line is it takes away from the game and there is no need. A small subtitle saying kill xxx and you can have this awesomeness while still displaying the artwork works better.

Anthem. Anthem is a new game by EA. After watching game play I can tell you that the parkour system and camera motion is missing. Also while flying I notice that the horizon remains fixed. I think this is a mistake. I think if the player rolls right while in flight the horizon should follow and should appear on the right side of the screen and the ground on the left. The player should have to recalculate where enemies are and where projectiles are flying in order to avoid them/attack them. Moving the camera in more dynamic ways again helps create layers of immersion. I mention this because walking on walls hanging from walls and ceilings ect would perhaps feel more immersive if when the protagonist was upside down and the screen reflected it (I have not had a chance to play a recent spiderman game and don’t know if this type of camera action is seen in that type of game, but imagine it is). This brings me to my next issue with camera work in fps. FPS and corners or boiled back 1st person and closely interacting objects/barriers the immediate environment.

FPS and corners. I believe that when in a corner I feel like I am taken out of the experience because being in a corner/behind a barrier in a two dimensional environment it becomes obvious of the limitations of movement and interaction. I am used to not being able to touch a tree or car that is 40 feet away, but not being able to feel a table or wall that is right in front of me is foreign. I believe that the best solution for this is while walking into a corner as a fps the camera should back up and become a 3rd person shooter. This way the player is able to determine where in the confined space they are it would also allow for blind fire and there is a better overall feeling of cover. Mass effect andromeda has an excellent example of this while hiding behind barriers and shooting around barriers. Also the first person narrative is minimally impacted while the continuity can remain seamless.

I think that there is some camera wizardry that really is needed to take games to another layer of immersion and keep it there. When I first saw the 48 minutes of gameplay of CP2077 I was amazed by what I saw, but I also noticed for example when V was shooting through the window to distract the boss guy shooting through the wall the same limitations that are present, from my perspective, in many games today. I would like to see us work together to solve these problems making the next generation of games even more fun.

Take care, let me know what you think

Didn't like how the weapon subdermal grip increases weapon damage. How is it supposed to to that? It make bullets fly faster? It gives them extra weight? Made no sense...
It didn't. Subdermal grip gives ability to use locked weapons with 50% damage penalty.
121.png

Post automatically merged:

Also i rewatched gameplay demo (again) and noticed at least 3 body types for males and females. They also has different walking animation.

Why? I can suggest how it works like any other person. And it will be only my imagination, i'm not CDPR worker so i don't know how it works.

DId i offend you? if i did, it wasn't my intention.

I just say that Subdermal grip cyberware don't make any sense, if it unlock guns to be use how they do 50% less damage.

It didn't. Subdermal grip gives ability to use locked weapons with 50% damage penalty.View attachment 10984585
Post automatically merged:

Also i rewatched gameplay demo (again) and noticed at least 3 body types for males and females. They also has different walking animation.

22:38 → "It also increases the base damage on all connected weapons". Narrator said it.

I can almost understand if Subdermal grip raise melee damage, but only if raise hand to hand damage, it would be stupid if Subdermal grip affect damage from Katanas, Mantis Blades or any other melee weapons.

I mean how that cyberware work ? it unlock gun and rifle to be use by V with 50% less damage, if weapon are fingerprint locked and you bypass that lock why that would have any effect on gun firing mechanism or power of the bullet?

If Subdermal grip by pass the locking of the gun, but damage the firing mechanism of the weapon that can lead to death of the user, since gun probably can explod in your hand or near your face when you aim.

I can easily suggest that every weapon in 2077 has some kind of technology in it, just like every car nowadays. It is true that powder boom sticks are simple but what if in the future every gun has some electro magnets that boost speed of bullets, so 50% damage reduction means disabled electromagnets, so bullet speed will be 50% lower. And i can imagine even more, in 2077 bullets contains less powder than nowadays and weapons rely more on electromagnets.

Also i don't care about how realistic it is, it's all my imagination.

But probably the true is that -50 damage reduction is simple gameplay mechanic that allows to use locked weapons for characters who doesn't invest in tech skills.

WIDE Field of View adjustability for people with ultrawide monitors or multiple monitor setups. :)

And to this point. HUD adjustability so that the important HUDs can be situated near the center of the screen.

Top Bottom