Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
I'll preface this by saying that I've never touched Cyberpunk 2020, the tabletop RPG. So, if what was shown in the gameplay trailer is true to the source material, I mean no disrespect.

In short, I think the combat looked bland.

I say this in regards to the combat loop of the game. (The combat loop is what makes fighting interesting after the 700th time). I thought the gameplay looked fucking terrific, but I fear for the longevity of it being interesting.

I began feeling this once the 2nd or 3rd combat scenario came and the only superhuman things done (in combat) were slow-mo, fast dodging, and wall hacks.

I think what made the combat feel bland was lack of resource economy.

I'm going to compare it to Mass Effect 2/3 [ME] (as 1 was different that the others with combat), and Witcher 3 [W3].

In ME, there was a lot of combat and, even after glitching the games to have max power ups after the second mission, combat never felt stale. And it was because of having to think about when, where, how, and which power to utilize. And I think W3 felt that way too, when it came to potions, bombs, crossbow bolts, and Signs.

Going back to tabletop RPGs, I'm way more of a Wizard/Druid than a Fighter/Barbarian when it comes to D&D. It's less that I'm anti-melee (quite the contrary) and more that I like having a limited amount of D batteries that I can use during a snowball fight.

In ME, I could replay the same segment multiple times, and every approach felt different because of the powers I used. While in W3, every combat scenario could be different if changed a few perks, or equipped different potions/bombs/bolts.

Even after the narrator said they were going use more high-level elements, the only changes were a different kind of gun (the smart bullets), and mantis blades.

After seeing the combat segments of Cyberpunk, I didn't feel the combat depth that I do when I play W3 or ME. The combat felt very much like Doom. Which, I wouldn't mind--were I playing an action-FPS game.

Now obviously, all of our expectations were different. All we had to go off of was our own imagination. I *do not* think they showed us everything, but I just hope that the depth of combat is as deep as Witcher 3 was.

Last edited:
How to improve the Gore system.

The dismemberment shown in the trailer looked awesome and punchy. The decapitation/head damage system I think could be improved upon because the head popping is very cartoon. I feel its sometimes better to have the head stay on the body (except for special weapon types i.e blades and explosives) but still show signs of damage. For example games like Max Payne 3 and Read dead have a great gore system where you can see the entrance and exit wounds and the damage to the face depends on the caliber. Seeing the head knockback from a high caliber round is always satisfying when using a sniper or scoped weapon.

This isn't really urgent or game breaking but I hope the dev team takes this into consideration going forward.
Thank you for your hard work and good luck.

dlc-disorganizedcrime-mod-2.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
tumblr_m366i6Akwy1rq4kkyo1_1280.jpg

My initial thoughts are that it looks amazing. However it might just be me, but it looked very scripted at certain points, not referring to the dialog, but the movement of the player character seems very unnatural if this were someone actually playing. But maybe he were playing on a controller or something and that what it looks like. Not that it really matter a lot.

Some key things I really like:

- The city feels alive that a huge plus
- The adult themes, language, nudity, blood etc. Its good to see a game integrating it in a way that feel natural.
- Combat seems fun enough, maybe a bit ordinary and hard to see exactly where the role playing stats comes into effect. Got the impression that it is very much like GTA and games like that. Except for the boss, which had a bit of "boring" awkward boss fight setup, where he does certain attacks in a certain order and you have to learn the beat so to speak, I didn't really see any need for scan for weaknesses of enemies. It sort of looked like "just shooting" them worked just fine.
- I really don't like that you can see levels and names of random NPCs and I think that that, and the damage numbers flying off enemies are distracting and sort of ruins the immersive experience, so hopefully they will change that or at least make it so it can be turned off.
- I would really prefer that the dialog options show exactly what V is going to say. And not something that is sort of like it. It feels like you are not 100% in control and can only see that it will end up as it did with Fallout 4, where they did the same and sometimes you ended up saying something completely different than what you thought.

That was the main things, I think the demo were a bit to action packed. They have mentioned several times that its an RPG first and then a FPS, so would have liked to have seen it show what exactly they meant by that. Because I have to be honest and say that to me it looked a lot more like a FPS GTA game than a RPG game. Besides the time where he hacks that thing and the gang members weapons, it hardly felt anything like a RPG. And even the hacking if im not mistaken, is basically just a matter of having a skill at a certain level to the point where I guess you could call it just as much of an RPG as Prey is for instant.

Which is fine, but personally I just thought it was more of an RPG. But still the game looks freaking amazing!! So thumbs up from me.

i loved the wide variety of theoretical upgrades that we could do in the game. i'm hoping that the upgrades portion of the game will be vastly extensive, the more the merrier. speaking of which i loved how the upgrades changed actual body image and don't dis me for asking but are there any anthro/furry body modifications planned on being in the game?

apparently, there is a section relevant to the anthro/furry community from the source material called "exotic fashion" under the "bodysculpting" section on page 121. i'm hoping to see this ingame.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm not really a message board type of person but I saw the hidden message in the gameplay reveal and I just wanted to supply my compliments and criticisms. I hope this is read or passed on to someone or another on the development team as implied by your text so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time, as implied. As a huge Witcher 3 fan I am honestly blown away and other than a few minor criticisms I mostly want to point out the things I enjoyed the most out of this gameplay demo.

-The comparisons to the original Deus Ex are very apt - I feel like just watching I have a sense of creative freedom as far as dealing with the situations presented. it's nice to be reminded there's dire consequences in front of me no matter what route I take, so I have to constantly stay on my toes. It makes me feel a lot more like Miller in The Expanse than any sort of real power fantasy.

-The Latino/Mexican sidekick feels a bit too exploitative/stereotypical. I've lived in Los Angeles and the dialogue just doesn't feel right, it feels so unnatural and exploitative, i.e. blaxploitation films but obviously not to that degree. I've seen other people call this dialogue out, and while I'm here, "cunt" feels way overused compared to how much it really does get used in America. It's a very big no-no word here in the metropolitan areas in America.

-The UI/clothing options feel like they need a lot more work. I know it's not final but I hope there's various shoe options for the female character - I say this as someone who will probably be playing male, it's just something I've seen people notice and call out. Look at stuff like the Off-White Nike AJ1s, there's plenty of cyberpunk sorta sneakers out now you could take inspiration from that don't have high heels or whatever.

-I get a mix of the Syndicate 2012 reboot mixed with Deus Ex HR vibes, and that's absolutely a good thing. The wall running, the forearm-knives, the brain hacking - I just wanna make a dude shoot himself in the face via computer code. All of these abilities and more sound excellent and incredibly liberating compared to something like Dishonored or whatever. So well done. It's a game that feels so liberating and lets me live out my Matrix fantasies that few games have come close to since 1999.

-The dudes carving out the front of their skull to shove in more laser eyes really helps sell the world a great deal. That and the Trauma Team are a fantastic reflection back on the societal natures of the now. Mike Pondsmith lead you right and I hope he has a character in the game i.e. Hideo Kojima and Ground Zeroes. He's an incredibly cool dude.

All in all, keep doing what you're doing, I just hope you provide options for transgender people, more clothing/shoe options for female characters, and you're not afraid to dig deeper into the poverty in America, especially in places like San Francisco and how brutally cruel it has become since like, 2012. Like twice a week you learn some new scam to brutalize the most vulnerable of our society out of the last dollars they have to their name, and if not that, trap them into debt for the rest of their lives, and their children's lives. America is an incredibly harrow place to come up in these days, techno-mods aside. Cyberpunk feels like a power fantasy because it advances the tech to such a degree it feels like we might have some power over our own lives in this world, and I hope you consider this reality driving forward to a final release.

Everything seems really fucking awesome aside from a couple gripes that aren't dealbreakers at all. Firstly, (and by the way this is something that will most likely be way, way better in the final release), the lip sync is pretty off. Jackie's mouth kinda just opened and closed and it didn't seem like he was really saying words. Secondly, the music during action sequences is a bit dull, I think incorporating environmental music would be sick, like if you're fighting a specific gang, the music that they would listen to could play while you're shooting them and running away and all that fun stuff. Generally just more interesting music choices would improve the immersion I feel.

Super hyped to play and I can't wait to see the game finished! Take your time guys.

Lying in bed to get rid of the wooziness feeling watching the brilliantly amazing gameplay... feeling sad that I now
realized that I will not be able to play this game. I lie down in my bed, perfectly still, sinking further into this sad
sad feeling... silently praying that a mod for TPP will be made available to gamers like me with the FPP issues.
...not by choice, but circumstance.

Please forgive me if this post is off topic....

I was blown away by the demo, the game looks really fantastic to me. I do agree that damage numbers need a toggle option and the dialogue with our sidekick (I'm struggling to remember his name) should be more grounded. He seems very intent on establishing that he and V are close and goes about it in this buddy cop way that I thought was a little wonky. Speaking of dialogue, will there be more depth in conversations? Skill checks and the like? It seemed fairly linear. Keep up the great work everyone.

I just want to second the idea that stealth should have a great impact on how things play out. As was mentioned, if you can sneak up to a gang boss, they should take note. Not just react like you shot your way in like most games do because "boss".
They could appreciate that you got to them without hurting their guys (and be pissed at their guys for not catching you). And maybe even offer you work because of your skills.

Of course, the same with combat could be possible. You blast your way through to the boss, and they're impressed with your combat skill and try to hire you. And perhaps have them realize that they clearly have no chance of beating you in a fight, as you've just proven, so would be less prone to trying to fight you.

I want a game that actually reacts to my actions, not just arbitrary quest and triggers and such.

the demo looked good to me , so much...that I definitly gonna get the game once it's out .

I would say that a bigger text for the dialogue would be nice . I could pause the Vid and read , but we don't know if we can do that in game . So maybe make the text a bit bigger ? please ?

Still in the dialogue , I think it need maybe a bit more clarification . For exemple if I pick the ''Fuck you'' reply , what that even mean ? does it turn the person hostile ? does it just close the dialogue ?

Hum other then that , I'm wondering if we can use others weapons like knife , katana ?

How would you suggest they provide options for trangsender people? There are already male and female. Unless you mean gender fluid individuals who do not identify as male or female, as that's certainly harder to do.
I think the easiest way would be to not label the male or female option as male or female and just call it the vagina or penis option (maybe some cyberpunk genitals as a third option). Allow people to customize the character to look gender neutral ( most games let them do it anyway) and give a voice changer option that puts it through some robotic effect so the voice is "neutral" too

Last edited:
I think the easiest way would be to not label the male or female option as male or female and just call it the dick or penis option (maybe some cyberpunk genitals as a third option). Allow people to customize the character to look gender neutral ( most games let them do it anyway) and give a voice changer option that puts it through some robotic effect so the voice is "neutral" too

What about gendered voice acting like him/her. should that be completely removed from the game? Is everybody in the game world respectable enough that they will call you by a gender-neutral term?

it adds so many new variables that I think it becomes too much work just to please a very small amount of people, mabey if there was a larger transgender community they would do it, but as it stands, it is not worth the effort.

I would really like to have a cinematic camera that looks at your character when he/she has chosen the specific dialogue option when talking to another character. It should be just like how the camera angles were in "The Witcher 3" and also how they were done in "Fallout 4" it would let you connect with your character in a better way than just sticking to 1st person most of the time.

What about gendered voice acting like him/her. should that be completely removed from the game? Is everybody in the game world respectable enough that they will call you by a gender-neutral term?

it adds so many new variables that I think it becomes too much work just to please a very small amount of people, mabey if there was a larger transgender community they would do it, but as it stands, it is not worth the effort.
V's already a gender neutral term so cdpr already have that covered. As for labeling the gendered voice acting you can just call it either masculine or feminine. (just to set the record straight I'm not saying this because I agree with the ideological impetus, rather just suggesting a correct way to satisfy parties)

Damn.... just... damn!

OK, this game just cements my opinion that visually this game is going to be perfect. They absolutely get the look and the atmosphere 100% on point, to create a perfect feeling of being in the world of Cyberpunk. From the highly individualized cyberware seen on the NPC's, to the contrast of high tech with lowlife, it's simply flawless. The mechanical and character designs had my jaw dropping, and for the first half of the video I was drooling, mouth agape and in absolute awe...

Sadly, the second half of the video was a punch to the gut that wiped the grin off my face.

Even before the combat began, the narrator (who seems to have difficulty with pronunciation) was talking about levels. Levels have no place in Cyberpunk, they are not part of the original RPG's mechanics and they never were.

Also, my other non-mechanical gripe... the arm blades. I don't want my character to have them, and am extremely disappointed that it appears I will have no choice and that they are mandatory. The beginning of the game goes on and on about the superior customization and the ability to create unique characters, then it appears that it's going to force everyone to have the same cyber.

Now on to the big problems, combat... The combat mechanics shown are truly disappointing. Here is why...

Combat Mechanic Problem 1
The enemy NPC's are bullet sponges. The number one reason the original games mechanics were so popular was due to how incredibly deadly combat was. In this demo we have beginner level NPC's soaking up entire magazines of bullets. They wear no apparent armor, yet V unloads on them with a small trucks worth of ammo. A shot to the head should take most enemies flat out. Shots to the limbs should disable, shots to the torso should stun or have some effect. Also the hit/damage counters we see completely destroy immersion, this is an unnecessary video game mechanic that just feels out of place here.

Problem 2
The weapon design is more cartoon than cyberpunk. The first gun we see was fine, though I would prefer a semi-auto. The second weapon though, who performs that kind of modification on a double barrel shotgun? It would be like putting a V8 on a moped. But that's a minor problem, other than it is apparently the only weapon that can one shot, and does it at pretty much any distance.

Problem 3
The bullets that track targets..... they were almost ok in Runaway, where at least they were treated as miniature missiles. They were ridiculous in Fifth Element, which took place in a future so advanced that interstellar travel took place in a matter of hours. This concept is way more star trek than cyberpunk. Also, see problem 1.

Problem 4
Double Jump.... REALLY! This is cartoon nonsense? I was going to remain optimistic, but seeing it in action, all I can say is, NO! This kind of completely unrealistic, logic and physics denying, hoohah, has no place in Cyberpunk. Hell, it has no place in any video game that tries to pretend in any way to be realistic. Leg implants that that allow for higher than normal jumps, no problem, even allowing the character to "charge up for a mega jump", coolio. But there is no amount of reasoning that can be given for being able to suddenly "jump higher" and even change direction, mid jump. It takes me out of the immersion completely and drops me solidly into a late 90's platformer.

Problem 5
There is absolutely nothing that can be seen in this demo that requires first person perspective. If the issue is the optical implants, then fine, force the perspective to zoom in to first when they are in use, the same as if the character was aiming through a scope. But the idea that this decision was made to make the game more realistic, more immersive, flies right out the window the second the "double jump" or the "hit/damage counter" mechanics pop up.

Problem 6
Boss battles! Not only is there the awful "enemies are bullet sponges" mechanic, but now you are telling me there are going to be "can only be defeated via very specific nonsense method or just ridiculous amounts of damage" boss battles? My hatred for this mechanic knows no bounds. It utterly ruined Deus Ex, hell it utterly ruins any game it is a part of after 2005. You see the enemy, his face and upper torso are completely uncovered, yet he is somehow untouchable until you shoot the magic target spot. This is weak game design and unnecessary. At no point in the game should we EVER come across an enemy that does not adhere to the same rules as the Player Character. There is nothing in the original RPG, neither thematically or mechanically, that supports this. This is Cyberpunk, not Dungeons and Dragons.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a dream come true for me. It is so close to being perfect. To see what appears to be the most incomprehensible mistakes being made just baffles me. The look and feel is so, just so bloody flawlessly Cyberpunk 2020, that it's beauty brings tears to my eyes. As I said elsewhere, visually, this is the best game I have ever seen. I don't make these criticisms to bring the game down. I bring them up because I really hope, I pray, that it's not too late to address some of these mechanical issues that would otherwise make this game just perfect.

V's already a gender neutral term so cdpr already have that covered. As for labeling the gendered voice acting you can just call it either masculine or feminine. (just to set the record straight I'm not saying this because I agree with the ideological impetus, rather just suggesting a correct way to satisfy parties)

That's called pandering, and I would absolutely HATE that. I'd rather people in the world talk like real people talk than for them to pander to a group just so they don't "trigger" anyone's sensitive feelings... I say feelings should be hurt if that means a more believable experience. People are mean and inconsiderate in the real world, deal with it...

Wasn't trying to spark an ideological argument/discussion here. I'm genuinely curious what else is needed other than male or female for transgendered individuals. Again, gender-fluid folks are a whole nother story and I'm not looking to open that can of worms.

But if you transitioned from male to female, or female to male, your gender is represented in game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom